Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Zombies Of Nightmare [FINAL RELEASED]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PostBeginPlay is called just before an actor starts to play.

HeadHeight and HeadRadius must be changed to fix head shot problems, when resizing. (I don't remember, but I think there's something in the BigHeads mutator...)

have a nice work, man :lol:

P.S.: 8th comment page,

Comment

Since the floating is caused by the rescaling of the meshes in code, you probably have to readjust the "Translation" settings for the mesh properties in code too. I only know how to do this in UED, so I wouldnt know the exact code to change in a .UC.
      When I manually make a model larger than the rest of the standard UT models I need to lower the Translation Z to a smaller number so it stays level in a map. For example a scaling of XYZ of .50 would force me to lower translation Z to about 90.00 to 92.00(default for a male is scaleXYZ of .39 and Translation Z of 116.00)

Maybe someone here will post the correct uscript for you to dymically get the sizes correct.

Comment

I currently resize all of the other monsters without this problem.

Is there a reason why is it only happening on these?

Comment

Originally posted by obscenery
          I currently resize all of the other monsters without this problem.

Is there a reason why is it only happening on these?
          Which ones specifically?
          I tried keeping everything with the same skeletons so animations could be shared, unless I drastically need to create new animations for an unusual model like the model with no legs or the trite that uses a custom bone system.

Comment

Well, after trying a bit more, and turning off the "size" change in my mut, I have found that they always die floating, and when they walk their feet are below the ground, and when I shoot them in the head at very short distance it goes right through them. The collision seems to be a bit out of whack. This is specifically an issue with the "Zombiemdl" and "Zombiemdl2".

The Trite seems to walk above ground slightly and also floats a bit when it dies.

Is there anything I can do to play with this, or is it built into the model?

Comment

Originally posted by obscenery
              Well, after trying a bit more, and turning off the "size" change in my mut, I have found that they always die floating, and when they walk their feet are below the ground, and when I shoot them in the head at very short distance it goes right through them. The collision seems to be a bit out of whack. This is specifically an issue with the "Zombiemdl" and "Zombiemdl2".

The Trite seems to walk above ground slightly and also floats a bit when it dies.

Is there anything I can do to play with this, or is it built into the model?
              I'm not really sure what you can other than changing the translation manually, but doing that will damage the model when it's being used in normal play.
              The zombiemdl shouldnt be an issue at all since it uses the standard ut2k4 biped with an added bone for the jaw. No other changes were made to it. Its mesh properties are also standard human male settings.

Comment

well, monsters havn't got a ragdoll.
                As a matter of fact, their deaths are animated on the contrary of each UT2004 "ragdolled" character.
                So I think you could watch out the BigHeads mutator's code to see how it's changing the Head's scale. Maybe you'll have to go trough the pawn's code due to the HeadScale is adjusted here.

About the translationZ, I don't think there's a way to apply changes to the ragdoll itself, dinamically or statically.
                You have to check the CollisionRadius & Height, instead. Anyway, I did find this property under KarmaParamsCollision: "KScale";
                This should change the ragdoll's scale: adjust it to keep it in scale with the model, so when monsterzombies die, they won't float anylonger. Oh... this property can be set under xPawn.KParams(.KScale)

Comment

We use one of EE Zombies in our HH gameplay. I went in and tweaking the collision radius and height to better match the models. I made a Cube in UE, Placed the monsters in, and looked at the collision using the radii view setting. This stop us from being about to "shoot through their heads". Let me know if you need any help in this matter.

Comment

just got referred to this. i was askin in Mods Ideas about a ZombieInvasion. Great work! Was thinking about this since i spot the EE zombipack in 2k3. I now only miss the real invasion type. As for the packs i dont see the doom3 trite you mentioned but the pack is called final.

here my questions to shorten things up:
                    - Will there be a invasion gametype with zombies ONLY?
                    - Can new Zombies be added?
                    - Do you have a website about this mutator? (if you need one, pm me)
                    - Will there be another release with all the changes talked here?
                    - Any ideas how i can get rid of the common monsters so i have only the zombies in my waves (sort of zombieinvasion while waiting for the real deal)?
                    - And if i can remove the other monsters, will the zombies spawn the next wave if i have no "normal" monsters?

thanks.
                    keep it up :up:

----
                    EDIT:
                    mutated a bit and played inv on a custom map:

Ive setted all waves to only have 5 pupaes. added 35 zombies with 350 health each. non aggressive. affecting score. spawn at waves and used remote strike weapons, regeneration, meat hunk (for more gibs), big head and quad jump. the map is named: DM-UnrealVille

I hope there will be a real invasion type soon

Comment

- Will there be a invasion gametype with zombies ONLY?
                      - Can new Zombies be added?
                      - Will there be another release with all the changes talked here?
                      - Any ideas how i can get rid of the common monsters so i have only the zombies in my waves (sort of zombieinvasion while waiting for the real deal)?
                      - And if i can remove the other monsters, will the zombies spawn the next wave if i have no "normal" monsters?
                      -Yeah, there will be.
                      -Yeah, in a way I'll explain next release.
                      -No, I havn't.
                      -Yes, there will be another release and with all the mentioned changes.
                      -Wait for final release, or use the options "Spawn Zomies in wave" and "Zombe kill scores".

Comment

Do the zombies have a Biting animation? Ya know... to make them more realistic?

Here's an idea to get more attention

Make a small video clip showing EVERYTHING That a zombie can do. Does that sound good?

Comment

Originally posted by teh.mentor

I can make a website if you're interested... all I need is a little time. I Haven't learned everything about Website making.

Comment

Do I have to pay for it? If not, well... it would be cool if you could make it...

Do the zombies have a Biting animation? Ya know... to make them more realistic?

Here's an idea to get more attention

Make a small video clip showing EVERYTHING That a zombie can do. Does that sound good?
                            Yeah, it sounds good. I'll see what can I do while waiting obscenery to finish up his work...

Comment

anyone know where I can get that alien looking monster? the one that s from the movie alien vs predator?

Comment

Ok i'll be waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X