X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Released] New Exion Onslaught Maps v3.00

Name: Exion type Onslaught maps
    Version: Exion v3.00 (09.10.2004)
    Compatibility: UT2004 (UT2004 3270 patch required.)

Homepage: www.niara.hu/exion.html
    Download: www.niara.hu/exion.html
    Credits: George Varga (GeorgeVarga@msn.com)

EXION ONSLAUGHT MAPS:

Destroyable Onslaught maps:

ONS-Exion-Warfare
    ONS-Exion-WarfareClassic
    ONS-Exion-Labyrinth
    ONS-Exion-Gangways
    ONS-Exion-FrontLine
    ONS-Exion-ArcticStronghold
    ONS-Exion-FrostBite

Onslaught maps with Exion type "Karma" objects,
    vehicles and weapons:

ONS-E-TDB-Aztec
    ONS-E-Torlan

NOVELTIES IN THE EXION V3.00 COMPARING TO THE PREVIOUS (EXION V2.00) VERSION:

1. The Human Space Fighter, Skaarj Space Fighter and the Bomber planes can be also used in the game.

2. The bullet hit effects wich were made by Mr. Evil and ADS have also been integrated into the game.

3. New map: ONS-Exion-Warfare: destroyable map, with Exion type of weapons and vehicles. To own the thermal spas wich contain valuable materials destroy the enemy`s Power Core.

4. New map: ONS-Exion-WarfareClassic: destroyable map. Similar to the Warfare, but in this map you can use the classical UT2004 type of weapons and vehicles.

5. ONS-Exion-Labyrinth destroyable map. By destroying certain walls you can change or shorten the routes.

6. ONS-Exion-Gangways destroyable map. By destroying and pulling down the passages and hanging bridges, you can change the routes.

7. ONS-Exion-FrontLine destroyable map. The buildings can be used as trenches, by destroying certain walls and getting inside the buildings you can even hide from the enemy. However, if you destroy the walls of the buildings, you will have fewer trenches either for the enemy, but for your team, as well.

8. New volume regulator system.

9. The Link Gun and the Shock Rifle can be used together with the Exion type of weapons.

THE EXION PROGRAM IS CHARACTERIZED BY THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT THINGS:

1. The use of Karma physics engine to move the different objects and hanging bridges realistically.
    2. Destroyable enviroment.
    3. The use of submachine guns, machine guns and automatic guns.
    4. The shot bullets can be seen in the air.
    5. The sound of the bullets when passing the players can be heard in 3D version counted in real time.
    6. The sound of bullet hits and the bullet hit effects are changing depending on the materials of the objects and surfaces.
    7. New vehicle sounds and exploding effects.

Screenshots:

PCGameModes.com screenshots:
    http://pcgamemods.com/7388/s/1/

ONS-Exion-Warfare vehicles:

ONS-Exion-Warfare map:

New bullet hit effects:

The walls in the game can be destroyed by vehicles, as well:

Aztec map:

Exion V3.00

Considering the wish of many players, the new Exion v3.00 has been developed for
    the UT2004 Onslaught game type. So, in the future the Exion map type can be available
    under the Onslaught game type. After installing the new Exion, the previous
    Heroes of Exion and its maps can be used completed with the new developings.

The new Exion maps (in the Onslaught game type) have two different versions.

The first is the destroyable Exion map, here most of the buildings can be knocked down
    and also objects like barrels and wooden boxes will be applied which are moved by
    Karma Physics engine. In these maps, the Exion type of vehicles and
    weapons can be used. The names of the maps start with "ONS-Exion",
    for example ONS-Exion-Warfare.

To the second type those maps belong which are not destroyable, but have the objects
    moved by the Karma Physics Engine (barrels, wooden boxes) and here you can also use
    the Exion type of vehicles and Exion type of weapons.
    The names of the maps start with "ONS-E", as well, for example ONS-E-TDB-Aztec.

At the beginning of the game, the player has the traditional Assault Rifle weapon,
    but after loading from the weapon locker, two types of telescoped, Exion Assault Rifle can be used.
    If the player changes from one to another type of Exion Assault Rifle,
    the original Assault Rifle is thrown, because in its place, another type gets with silencer and telescope.

The way of the fired bullets and missiles can be seen and heard (3D sound) as they are flying in the air.
    This way the position of the enemy can be identified more easily in the game and the smoke after firing,
    which was originally used in the case of the Classic Sniper Rifle, can be avoided.

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE EXION V3.00 AND THE ONSLAUGHT GAME TYPE:

- In the game, only the guns with bullets, rocket launchers, trench mortars, Link Gun, Shock Rifle and Target Painter can be used.

- Since the way of the fired bullets and missiles shot by the Assault Rifle (with silencer and telescope), the Assault Rifle Plus (with telescope), the Classic Sniper Rifle and other machine guns and automatic guns can be seen and heard (3D sound) as they are flying in the air.

This way the position of the enemy can be identified more easily in the game.

- The sounds of the game have been revised in order to try to experience the situation of the battlefield atmosphere.

- The guns move in the players hand under the effect of the strenght of the shots (similarly to the Counter-Strike), so it is practical to fire at the enemy in short series.

- The vehicles are equipped with machine guns and automatic guns (Manta, Raptor, Scorpion).

- The Hellbender is equipped with an automatic gun, which can be handled by the driver of the vehicle.

- All the free and working vehicles can be used in the game, independently of the fact that it is in possession of the enemy or our team.

- In the maps, there are also destroyable buildings and movable barrels and boxes which can be exploded. The moveable barrels and boxes can be pushed by the player, so he can build an entrenchment from these objects, too. Because of the destroyable walls, you have a chance to manoeuvre during the game.

- The destroyable walls and buildings can be demolished by the vehicles, as well. For example, with the Goliath tank, the player can go through the destroyable wall. The walls can also be demolished by the other vehicles, but, for instance, with the Manta, it is necessary to crash the wall with a high speed in order to destroy it.

- The movements of the different mobile things (barrels, boxes, trees, hanging bridges) in the map is controlled by the Karma physics engine.

- The output of the game (framerate value) is influenced by the setting of it (Settings/Display), but the Heroes of Exion continuously controls

its own effects (explosions, smoke, debris moved by the Karma physics engine...) according to the actual framerate value. Under the average 30 fps value, the game is able to represent only the minimum effects. Above this, the number, the complexity and the level of the physical modelling of the visual effects, or the number of the debris moved by the Karma physics engine (for example when a wall explodes) grow a lot.

Dies from going into shock, this looks freakin awsome, downloading

Comment

This is the forum for the new version of Exion Onslaught maps.

Comment

Originally posted by nathjan
        Dies from going into shock, this looks freakin awsome, downloading
        WoW:up:

Comment

Awesome stuff GeorgeV :up:

The Exion Maps are now voteable on my server.

I just hope my pc doesn't fall over and die with all the particle effects flying about :haha:

Comment

whooo! awesome! forget what I said about the minigun being overused, it rules in all cases except for the hellbender, which shoulda been left alone. hmm....

Suggestions:
            • Make the hellbender a 3-seater again, do watever you want with the guns
            • THE ASSAULT RIFLES ARE OVERPOWRED! TONE THEM WAAAY DOWN!!!
            • Remove one of the assault rifles; why the hell are there 2 that are almost exactly the same?
            • Make it so you don't get every single weapon from the weapon lockers, only some, like in normal ONS maps.
            • for some weird reason, I couldn't get the minimap to show up in Exion maps. This make playing those small mazelike ones a pain until I got more used to it, and even so, the maps are really helpful. Put them back!
            • Make it so the AVRiL and rocket launcher destroy things more easily. it's insanely stupid that the assault rifle kills walls faster than the rocket launcher class weapons.
            • The trees bend WAAAAY too easily! It's really fun being able to drive over trees in the tank, but being able to knock them over with the minigun is really cheesy! The trees shaking a little would be fine, but bending over 90 degrees when a single bullet touches them? No way! That's just stupid!
            • make more things destroyable > blowing stuff up is fun. I especially like ONS-Exion-Warfare's powercore shields that you have to kill, and the way that most of the base is destroyable.
            • make glass easier to kill! it's just glass! it shouldn't be able to withstand multiple avril shots!
            • When you're making part of something destroyable, make ALL of it destroyable. It's really cheesy when you've blown up most of the enemy base, but there're a few metal beams just hovering up there.
            • On the same thing as above, in ONS-Exion-ArcticStronghold, make ALL of the bridge destroyable. I want to be able to burn the bridge, not just scorch it.
            • Make it easier to kill things with weaons other than the assault rifles
            • Did I say you should remove one of the assault rifles?
            • Make sure you don't forget that.
            • And it'd be REALLY improved if the weaponlockers didn't give you all the guns, including a superweapon.
            • Make a version of ONS-Torlan where you can blow up things like trees, the huge tower in the middle (one bit at a time of course, and you could but struts going up inside it so if the top isn't killed first it'll still look realistic.
            • fix the minimap problem!
            • it's really annoying!
            • Remove (or lower) the foundations of buildings in ONS-Exion-Frostbite; it'd be really fun to drive the tank through a building.
            • seriously, make it so you can't push over a tree with a tiny weapon. Using the redeemer in a forest, on the other hand, would turn out nicely. So tweak it a bit, don't remove it.
            • oh yeah, the bullet hit effects are really cool.
            • and the 3d sound bullets KICK ***!!!!!!!!
            • I think that's all

Comment

Originally posted by Discombabulated
              [B]whooo! awesome! ... Suggestions: ...
              Thanks for your deep opinion. You are dead right. Thanks!

Comment

hehe, now I can't wait 'till the next version! For now, though I'll dink around in what's already there. It's too **** fun! I love how you can literally leven a base after a while, but it takes time realistically. And if you're not sitting there blowing things up on purpose, it looks really realistic too! Except for the times when something ends up floating in air because its supports were blown up, but that's ignorable. And I'm still giddy with how fun it was to drive over some trees, through (literally) a base, and blow up a powernode, all with the tank . I'm really glad you made these. They're hella fun! Even with the unbalanced assault rifles! oh yeah, btw, I like the new airstrike a lot, aside from the fact that you get it at each weaponlocker . It's much more effective and realistic; if you're going to go to the effort of calling in a bomber, make it a good one! And I like how the bomber doesn't take out bases in one go, or even two or 3; it's nice and realistic and insanely fun!

[edit] just wanted to reemphasize how cool the 3d bullet sounds are.

Comment

Originally posted by Discombabulated
                  ...just wanted to reemphasize how cool the 3d bullet sounds are.
                  You can enjoy a lots better the 3D bullet sounds and bullet hit effects in the ONS-Exion-FrontLine map with 3-5 bots and with masterful bot skill level. Hide yourself in box-woods. FrontLine map is my favorite map to enjoy the 3D bullet sounds and bullet hit effects.

Some cool Exion screenshots from PCGameModes.com:
                  http://pcgamemods.com/7388/s/1/

Comment

:weird: I saw a screenie at that URL with akimbo assault rifle plus'. How do you get those? I wouldn't expect the standard Akimbo Arena 2k4 mut to work...
                    Off to play FrontLine now, cya

Comment

to the post above, if you meant the akimbo in that one shot on pcgame - not sure if I the mod allows that I was using a matrix mutator on that at the same time (not monkey or apoc). I think the mod allows for akimbo though. GeorgeV would know best.

Comment

In standard case akimbo available only with standard Assault Rifle.

Comment

I haven't been able to get akimbo with anything... any chance of a linky to this matrix mut that allows akimbo for ALL weapons, not just defaults, and works on ONS?

Comment

Do I need to download a previous version or anything before I attempt the new one? I can't tell from the instruction if any mods to the game of anything need to be made....
                            Please help an ignint bastage who's too old for his own good.

Comment

Yess! Exion strikes again!

Gj guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X