• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that looks so cool, i am downloading it now:up:

Comment

Very good

My sugestions
      be able to use the vehicle guns in robot mode.
      an option to change the change key in game (though the basic input menue)
      on option in game options to set the robot to vehicle size ratio, (thus being able to make them smaller for DM maps and normal sized for onslaught)

and of course the ECE vehicles and levi, but you already said you would do them.

also i find myself unable to crouch, odd huh?

Comment

Originally posted by BloodShed
        Since ECE Bonus pack has been for some day's now,
        why dont you make robo's from

SPMA :
        Cicada
        Paladin

and while we are on the subject
        and Bomber and maybe levi
        Originally posted by The Cold One
        Very good

My sugestions
        be able to use the vehicle guns in robot mode.
        an option to change the change key in game (though the basic input menue)
        on option in game options to set the robot to vehicle size ratio, (thus being able to make them smaller for DM maps and normal sized for onslaught)

and of course the ECE vehicles and levi, but you already said you would do them.

also i find myself unable to crouch, odd huh?
        Most all of these options are in the works, with even more surprises that noone will expect
        Crouching was a casualty of scaling the player models up, i think there were collision problems. Being 20 feet tall, crouching wasn't very useful for the robots anyway so it probably won't be included in the next version either.

Comment

grr

messes up my file and i cant change back > im angry

Comment

what are the keys to change into a vehicle and change back? I am such a noob .......

Comment

Input

I used the 2k4 mod system to create a new user.ini file called RoboOnslaughtuser.ini which is located in your
              UT2004\RoboOnslaught\System folder.

In this file you should see a command bound to the F key called "Changemode". By editing this file, you can move the Changemode command to any key you want.

Your user.ini file located in the UT2004\System folder should not be affected by installing this mod.

I understand that if you had previously changed your user.ini file that the RoboOnslaugtuser.ini file may not initialize properly.

However, the user.ini file still should not be affected in anyway, as proper installation does not affect any files in the system folder (except for adding a upl file and a int file to add new characters and a .bat to start the mod) For the next release, I will use gui key bindings.

Comment

ok thanks. im a noob to modding and stuff like that :noob: .

Comment

Any time frame when the next update might come out?

everytime i play and think of a new update... i cant get "combaticons unite to form Bruticus" out my head

btw any servers running it?

Comment

My robot can't transform back into a vehicle :cry: , but i see the bots doing it all the time :cry: :cry: ......... is it a bug with my system, or do i need to change some ini file or something???
                    thanks for your help before.

Comment

Why is this mod so freaking awesome?

10/10

Comment

Originally posted by HEADSHOTut99
                        My robot can't transform back into a vehicle :cry: , but i see the bots doing it all the time :cry: :cry: ......... is it a bug with my system, or do i need to change some ini file or something???
                        thanks for your help before.
                        OK no more of this question, it was answered enough times for you people that don't read through the entire thread.

Originally posted by bullethole inc
                        To Change the Key Binding, go in the RoboOnslaughtUser.ini file in the RoboOnslaught System folder (UT2004/RoboOnslaughtSystem)
                        Set the key you want to use to equal ChangeMode.
                        ex: F=ChangeMode
                        I know some people have a serious error with this, but I'm just trying to get rid of the people that don't read the thread. Think about it. If you have an error, chances are someone else does too, and that person posted in the thread.

PS: I just KNOW that someone will ask that question again after bypassing this and every other post.

Comment

meh downloading ( u knoew it was only a matter of time)

EDIT;

ok i've downloaded questions/ ideas.

Why have all the mechs got the same health?
                          When u tranform in hellbender i get a DareDevil moment, very annoying.
                          Why do the mechs have both health and vechile health, i would rather just have vechile health, and custom picups (+50 vechile heath and armour)
                          Would i be possible if, well, u were still a normal player (mr crow etc), and u got in a vechile as normal, and THEN u could be a mech?

Harsh

Comment

any update coming soon ... ?

Comment

Man, alot of questions since the last time i was here. Thanks T-Shinzon, your reply will be the final comment on the "I can't transform issue". I will do it with key bindings next time, nuff said.

Now for Harsh_but_Fairs questions:

Why have all the mechs got the same health?
                              I dunno, at the time I was just thinking that 100 health was too little for a robot, but I wasnt thinking of play balancing, and we released it for the contest without much testing. In the "Work In Progress" updated version I have on my computer, this has already been fixed.

When u tranform in hellbender i get a DareDevil moment, very annoying.
                              Havent seen DareDevil, never cared for the comic, so I don't know whatcha mean.

Why do the mechs have both health and vechile health, i would rather just have vechile health, and custom picups (+50 vechile heath and armour).
                              Health and Vehicle health should be the same, just never got around to taking the vehicle health off the HUD.

Would i be possible if, well, u were still a normal player (mr crow etc), and u got in a vechile as normal, and THEN u could be a mech? That sounds like a good idea, but for Robostorm, we prefer the idea that the vehicles are players themselves, not soulless mechs. Thats what makes us special.

as for sethdonut's question:
                              Why is this mod so freaking awesome?
                              Because its the game you have been waiting 20 years for, but never came, Thats why.

Updates are coming, but this time we want to do it right. We have seen that the smallest play issues and problems generate as much attention as the props and word-ups. Next time we want to get it right. May be 6 months or so, but new stuff is already in the works. We have been thinking about:

More classes
                              Diverse skins (maybe)
                              Vehicle weapons in robot mode
                              All new weapons, (no UT stuff) with bigger models of course
                              CTF and Team Deathmatch played on your old Onslaught maps
                              vehicle pickups
                              Custom Gametype (sorry, its a secret) w/ custom maps
                              and other BIG suprises.
                              Awesome *** webpage w/backstory/comics

Thanks to the folks who like it. You are the only reason we are even bothering to update! (no really, we said if nobody played we wouldnt update, its true)

Comment

archnemesis, great mod. I really like it and added it up to http://www.pcgamemods.com/7894/. Hey if you do make more robots make a female one for us female gamers....I always liked Black Arachnia in Beast Wars. I know there is no spiders just giving an example.

Anyway love this. Thanks for doing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X