• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robostorm Mod Released

Name:RoboStorm
    Version:1.0
    Compatibility:UT2004 v3270
    Description:RoboStorm brings Robot combat to Unreal Tournament, and it will never be the same. Familiar vehicles now change into gigantic robots who storm the battlefield, intent on racking up an enourmous mechanic's bill. RoboStorm turns your favorite vehicles into the character, as you can toggle between modes for fast-paced action. Tired of everyone speeding off while you spend your game-time looking for an empty vehicle? Then "Be the Vehicle". [GameTypes] RoboOnslaught: Onslaught RoboStorm style. This game plays like the original Onslaught except that their are no vehicles or players, only RoboStorm warriors who combine the best of both those worlds.
    Comments:Here it is, Version 1.0 of Robostorm. Feedback appreciated.
    Screenshot:[screenshot]http://www.cyberspace-market.com/robostorm/media/goliath.jpg[/screenshot]
    Credits:Bullethole Studios
    Homepage:http://www.cyberspace-market.com/robostorm/
    Download:http://www.cyberspace-market.com/robostorm/download.html

Sorry guys, the website is a little flaky in Mozilla. Just move the cursor just above where the links are supposed to be to click.
    Feel free to mirror :-)
    Have fun, and we welcome comments and suggestions.
    BTW, if your computer doesn't like UMODS, we have added a second zip file that contains all of the subdirectories, just add it to your root directory.
    We have a dedicated server up tonight at: RoboOnslaught (24.163.21.143:7777)

bloody brilliant! loved it played 5 matches on your server and it absolutely ownz!

Comment

Thanks for the props Triminal, glad you liked.

Comment

Well .. what'd ya know. Someone could make a transformer-game without the true transformers(tm).

However ... is there any bot-support ?

Comment

How can I re-bind my Change Form key? I use a Speedpad, and "F" is set to the key I use to move forward. When I spawn, my "use"button will transform me into humanoid form, but not back into a vehicle.

Comment

d/l'ing now. :up:

Comment

Very nice mod!
              Way to go guys! :up:
              Just one little problem: where's the Leviathan?

Otherwise, :up: :up: :up: :up:

Comment

Transformers in UT2k4 is a great idea and look cool on the pictures!
                Downloading....

Comment

To Change the Key Binding, go in the RoboOnslaughtUser.ini file in the RoboOnslaught System folder (UT2004/RoboOnslaughtSystem)
                  Set the key you want to use to equal ChangeMode.
                  ex: F=ChangeMode
                  I've had in mind to put the Leviathan in the next verson so everyone can get stomped. This time around cutting up five vehicles and making robots out of them kept me too busy to get to the big guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
                    Well .. what'd ya know. Someone could make a transformer-game without the true transformers(tm).

However ... is there any bot-support ?
                    Transformer(tm), what are transformer(tm)? :-P
                    Bots should work fine, they transform and go about their business, however, they're no stupider than usual. You can set up a complete botmatch and watch them go at it.

Comment

This mod is simply amazing! I've been waiting for something like this quite a long time, the only other mod I remember that brought good ol' Transformers action on the screen was Jupiter Effect: Influx for UT2003, but it has never been ported to 2k4.

Will you create additional characters for the Editor's Choice Edition Vehicles, too?

Oh, and I found a few little bugs:
                      1. When I play with the Raptor Bot, and switch from vehicle mode to robot mode, the position of the character is a bit behind the position where it was as a vehicle. That makes landing quite difficult, for example on the top of the tower in Torlan. I think I am right above it, switch to robot mode and watch myself falling down right before it. Not funny.
                      2. When in 3rd person in robot mode, the crosshair doesn't seem to match the direction I'm shooting at, it's a bit below the hitspot.
                      Plus, if I shoot a comrade with the Link Gun altfire, the beam "locks" at him a bit above his head, could this be due to the same problem?

Oh, and an option in the Settings menu to automatically switch to 1st person view when turning into robot mode would be good. It is cool to look at the models and thier transform animations for a while, but on the long run 1st person view is way more useful because the character model isn't in the way of my line-of-sight.

Anyway, great work there guys, keep it up!

Comment

I didn't like Jupiter Effect: Influx, because that was ugly and chaotic IMO. But there was another mod named Systemic (or something like that...). The 1st person/3rd person view switching was perfect in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Shock
                          This mod is simply amazing! I've been waiting for something like this quite a long time, the only other mod I remember that brought good ol' Transformers action on the screen was Jupiter Effect: Influx for UT2003, but it has never been ported to 2k4.

Will you create additional characters for the Editor's Choice Edition Vehicles, too?

Oh, and I found a few little bugs:
                          1. When I play with the Raptor Bot, and switch from vehicle mode to robot mode, the position of the character is a bit behind the position where it was as a vehicle. That makes landing quite difficult, for example on the top of the tower in Torlan. I think I am right above it, switch to robot mode and watch myself falling down right before it. Not funny.
                          2. When in 3rd person in robot mode, the crosshair doesn't seem to match the direction I'm shooting at, it's a bit below the hitspot.
                          Plus, if I shoot a comrade with the Link Gun altfire, the beam "locks" at him a bit above his head, could this be due to the same problem?

Oh, and an option in the Settings menu to automatically switch to 1st person view when turning into robot mode would be good. It is cool to look at the models and thier transform animations for a while, but on the long run 1st person view is way more useful because the character model isn't in the way of my line-of-sight.

Anyway, great work there guys, keep it up!
                          We're working on the crosshair problem, and version 2.0 will definitely be more customizable as far as 1st/3rd person views. You can hit F4 to toggle the views now.
                          As for the Raptor problem, I think it's more a matter of perspective, I've had the same problem, looking down from the Raptor it's hard to judge what is right below you.
                          And yes, I can't wait to get my hands on the Editor's choice vehicles.
                          We also want to do the other UT2004 vehicles: spaceships, ion tank, and oh yes, Leviathan!

Comment

Very origonal, and that's what I like. I'll get back to you once i've played.

Comment

This is absolutely Fantastic!! this blows my mind and im left speechless. holy **** i need to play this till my eyes go shot.

great mod!.

Comment

Working...
                              X