Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VCTF-Ophelia-RE (now with 23% less bugs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Ophelia-RE (now with 23% less bugs)

Name: VCTF-Ophelia
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Description:
    Changes since last release:
    • Removed Xloc (woot!)
    • Overhauled bots a lot. They worked pretty well to begin with but I’ve tried to build on the previous release for those who only play Instant Action.
    • Tweaked framerate slightly (for those who find that framerate is too low, try changing the detail levels, the map has been optimised for scalability, so lowering world detail, removing projectors or terrain deco seriously increases framerate.
    • Added a few blocking volumes so vehicles react better on certain areas
    • Removed the “go inside the towers” exploit.
    • Removed the turrets, unfortunately as much as I liked them they were just too powerful.
    • Removed Spidermines.
    • Made tanks team specific.
    • Fixed two errors in weapons placement, a lightning gun placement didn't spawn previously, and an spidermine should have been an avril.
    • Fixed terrain holes and added a kill volume under the terrain just in case any more are found
    • Added two spawn spots near the tetris blocks on both teams
    • Numerous other tiny tweaks.

I hope all is forgiven about the buggy mess the original release was

Two opposing castles fight for possession of the flag!

There’s rosemary, that’s for remembrance; pray you, love, remember: and there is pansies, that’s for thoughts. There’s fennel for you, and columbines; - there’s rue for you; and here’s some for me: O, you must wear your rue with a difference. – There’s a daisy: I would give you some violets; but they withered all when my father died. - They say, he made a good end.
    Comments: This is my entry for the UP VCTF competition.
    Screenshot:

Credits: Everyone who gave me support and advice during the development, especially Blitz for his modified Turret code.
    Homepage: http://theseus314.gibbering.net
    Download: VCTF-Ophelia-RE

I must admit, I don't believe I've ever seen a VCTF map that made me go "wow". But this one managed it, good job I'll probably have to check this out sometime soon so I can see if it plays as well as it looks. I am willing to bet almost anything you'll win the VCTF contest

PS - Your topic says "Delete Me", you don't want your post deleted, do you?

Comment

Whoops!

OK, fixed the topic icon now

Comment

nice!

Comment

This was one of the first maps I downloaded for the gametype. Yeah I loved the beta and now that this is out I HAVE to get it even though I don't really play VCTF much anymore. This is just such a nice map. Who needs bots on this map (wait did I say that? ) ... Anyway good job on getting us a cleaner version of this nice map. Keep it up and you'll have me hooked on VCTF again! :up:

Comment

This is still the standard for VCTF maps in my book (no offense to all the other fabulous mappers out there ... I appreciate all your good content) ... the best gets better ... a wonderfully mystical map ... visually this is just top notch work. Gamplay was really intense and the bots were as good as I've seen them on a VCTF map. Good FPS for a map this rich in atmosphere. Never had a hiccup on my system. Terrific stuff man!

Thanks for your work on the bots ... they are definitely improved ... noticeably so .... a big thanks for the extra time you took improving the bots.

:up: :up:

Comment

Ok, normally I avoid VCTF maps, but I've found Anuban to be a good judge of maps. I'll go ahead and try this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tola
                Ok, normally I avoid VCTF maps, but I've found Anuban to be a good judge of maps. I'll go ahead and try this one out.
                Thanks but I do hope this doesn't mean if you don't like the map you won't give others I do like a try ... if you want to totally discount my opinion that's cool but don't make the mappers pay for my own taste ... I don't want to be known as either "the guy who can help make or break your map" or "the guy who has terrible taste in maps ... stay away from maps he likes" (what an ego sheesh ... my goodness).

I'm no dev so it's all in the eye of a thankful beholder ... but yeah this map definitely is one VCTF map I think should be on everyone's permanant map rotation ... Just look at it ... how can you not want to get lost in it's lushly captivating, romantic atmosphere ... and then there is all that scattered flesh and blood.

Yeah ... :up: :up:

Comment

nice one
                  Mirror: http://www.ut-fun.de/mapcorner/onelink.php?showid=880

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad that people are appreciating my work

I've now had time to step back from the level, on reflection I'm happy with the way this level turned out.

Now onto the next project...

Comment

Someone please remind me to post this on PU tommorow, with the several other astonishing maps I have yet to post.

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
                        Someone please remind me to post this on PU tommorow, with the several other astonishing maps I have yet to post.
                        Well look who dropped by ... I was wondering when you'd show up? You must be making the rounds. Well enjoy yourself ... there are a few gems out there waiting for you to give them the :up: . Peace and have fun with these great maps!

Comment

This is now in the 'More Stylin' Maps: vCTF and ONS' post on PlanetUnreal.

Comment

Very Nice Map!

How ever how do you add/remove the xloc in Unreal ED?

Comment

Originally posted by »A51«*Crash*
                              Very Nice Map!

How ever how do you add/remove the xloc in Unreal ED?
                              Well, in default gametypes, it's either specified, or a server-side checkbox. However, it's default off in vCTF, so to add it, you need to put it in the map as a pickup (usually in the weapon lockers in vCTF). I hope that answers your question.

Comment

Working...
                              X