X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Even better:

AS-SubtractedCube!

It's a long hallway (that 'cube' in the name is just to fool you!) with a low ceiling. The defenders spawn at one end and the attackers spawn at the other end. The attackers spawn with flak cannons. The defenders get sniper rifles, lightning guns, and redeemers. For kicks, the attackers also get SPMAs, and the defenders get Leviathans and Ion Plasma Tanks. The only objective is to reach the other side of the hallway!

Won't that, like, totally pwnz0r?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by robo422
    No, I just like seeing tracers everywhere.
    Well in that case I'm going to make automated dual minigun turrets and stick 'em on a giant battlecruiser that you have to crash into a planet!!!!!!

Okay, lets get a concept together here.

Here's mine, feel free to modify on it. It's pretty open ended.

-The map should have a humongous explosion or a giant spacecraft smashing into a planet or some sort of devastating collision like that.

-It *might* have a short space battle, possibly with new spacefighters as backup

-It has to have vehicles in it

-It should be epic in scale

Go ahead and dissect that! Or make it more specific or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wats wrong with the mothership turrets? wouldn't minigun turrets just be hard to get into?
    No, I just like seeing tracers everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by T-Shinzon
    Oh, now I see.

SPMAs would not be good on this map because everything else would shred it up, and most of the nodes are covered with some sort of roof (so no artillery sniping).

Paladins would be kinda useless against anything but ground vehicles, although the shield might come in handy in blocking the cave entrances.

I like the Ion Tank better, anyhow. In fact, I'm not even gonna put Paladins or SPMAs in at all.

I playtested for a bit. Here's what I found:

-The Cicada is practically useless against Raptors unless you have a gunner

-Cicadas are node killers. The bots can snipe with 'em using the laser sight secondary fire.

-Cicadas really help when a bunch use their flares while attacking the base islands, because they distract the AVRiLs being sent up in swarms by the ground troopers.

-I still can't get the teleporters to work! LOL.
    Well, from what you say it would appear that this map in its present form is not suitable for ECE vehicles. So you and the others will have to come up with an original concept and wholly original content... I think the community actually benefits in that event. Peace.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, now I see.

SPMAs would not be good on this map because everything else would shred it up, and most of the nodes are covered with some sort of roof (so no artillery sniping).

Paladins would be kinda useless against anything but ground vehicles, although the shield might come in handy in blocking the cave entrances.

I like the Ion Tank better, anyhow. In fact, I'm not even gonna put Paladins or SPMAs in at all.

I playtested for a bit. Here's what I found:

-The Cicada is practically useless against Raptors unless you have a gunner

-Cicadas are node killers. The bots can snipe with 'em using the laser sight secondary fire.

-Cicadas really help when a bunch use their flares while attacking the base islands, because they distract the AVRiLs being sent up in swarms by the ground troopers.

-I still can't get the teleporters to work! LOL.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DimensionSeven
    A tiny bug I found: you can still hear the rain when the wheather effects are turned off.
    Oh I see what you mean ... the settings in UT2K4 itself ... I didn't even think to test this on MarZer's map when DWeather first came out. I NEVER turn off weather effects ... man ... thanks for alerting me to something else I will have to keep my eye on when I test future content. Peace.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Should I put SPMAs and/or Paladins in anywhere? I don't think that they'll really work too well....

SPMAs ... well I have a hard time with that vehicle but maybe one on the largest island? As for the Paladin ... well that could replace the Ion Tank ... as for the rain sounds I don't recall that being a problem either ... in any map that is currently using DWeather ... I would be curious as well. Peace.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DimensionSeven
    A tiny bug I found: you can still hear the rain when the wheather effects are turned off.
    I don't. Weird. :weird: Where did to hear the sounds?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool.

However that should happen anyway many times if your team works cooperatively well.

and robo: wats wrong with the mothership turrets? wouldn't minigun turrets just be hard to get into?

::UPDATE::

I just added the Cicadas in. Each one replaces a Raptor that was previously there.

Stats:
    2 at each base, 3 at each side island.

Should I put SPMAs and/or Paladins in anywhere? I don't think that they'll really work too well....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ::ONS-TIM-SlateSE_ECE::

Awesome idea!!! I completely forgot about that for a while. That would certainly add some more depth to the gameplay; you get a lot of Cicada vs. Raptor dogfights, etc.

Imagine: A swarm of Raptors attacking a small squad of Cicadas. Missiles and lasers in abundance. Or a squad of Cicadas swarms into the bases while dropping flares like mad to cover for a group of Raptors attacking the power core.
    How about AS-l33tteam-SlateSE_ECE?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ::ONS-TIM-SlateSE_ECE::

Awesome idea!!! I completely forgot about that for a while. That would certainly add some more depth to the gameplay; you get a lot of Cicada vs. Raptor dogfights, etc.

Imagine: A swarm of Raptors attacking a small squad of Cicadas. Missiles and lasers in abundance. Or a squad of Cicadas swarms into the bases while dropping flares like mad to cover for a group of Raptors attacking the power core.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx
    Or how's about ONS-TIM-Slate_ECE?
    Great idea!

It would also be nice if you could:
    - ditch the Mothership turrets and put minigun turrets in
    - put more AVRiLs in
    - fix the teleporters

That is all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here I am trying to foster team work and community spirit and you and X-Man say that ... c'mon ... Oh I get it ... this is what this thread is about ... Mmmm ... well still

Someone start a new thread about the collaboration in the Beta section or map/mod ideas please.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I concur. Awesome map but needs cicada.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X