No announcement yet.

ONS-TIM-Slate SE Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TS pleeaasse help me! I am going crazy ... I have been up and down this map and the volcano cavern and I can't find it ... even when i control all the nodes. I went in the cavern (is there more than one ) and just saw a weapons locker and then outside nothing but AAHBs and Raptors were spawning. Maybe I'm just tired or missing an int file or something crazy but I haven't seen it once in over two hours of playing this map. Please help. Thanks.

Comment

Found the tank, it is in the volcano cavern, but your aren't going to find it using the default node setup. Seems like this is one of those maps that has a few spare nodes, and there is one right in the middle of the cavern. Just use the link designer, or use a setup that utilizes that center node and there it is.

Comment

Now playing on CyberManX's Reality.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie-love
          Found the tank, it is in the volcano cavern, but your aren't going to find it using the default node setup. Seems like this is one of those maps that has a few spare nodes, and there is one right in the middle of the cavern. Just use the link designer, or use a setup that utilizes that center node and there it is.
          Man you ARE a cool person and now I feel even more like a cad (is HBF around ). You just made my entire night. That was probably why I was snappy on the other thread. Did you read my apology ... I sure hope you did. This is my No.1 fav vehicle period. The power you wield while in it is just awesome! You've earned major points with me for that one. Since I am an IA player and I play so many maps I rarely use anything but the default setup. That is why it is important that real strategists are always involved in a map thread as well as IA players who may not understand all the intricacies of a map due to differences in gameplay. Thanks again.

Comment

It's no problem

I spent a while trying to find it myself, then I noticed that there were spawn points that never seemed to spawn vehicles, and turrets that always seemed to be locked, so I checked in the link designer and lo and behold, there were a few extra nodes. I think it adds a little extra dimention to the map.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie-love
              It's no problem

I spent a while trying to find it myself, then I noticed that there were spawn points that never seemed to spawn vehicles, and turrets that always seemed to be locked, so I checked in the link designer and lo and behold, there were a few extra nodes. I think it adds a little extra dimention to the map.
              That is sharp stuff (no pun intended but as long as it's there ) ... of course i noticed all the same things and totally forgot to examine the other setups. Could that explain the teleporters not working bug you found? Peace

Comment

About the broken teleporters, as far as I can tell, the link setups dont affect them in any way. In fact, it appears that only the red team's teleporter is broken. I don't know if the cause of the bug is a problem with the map, or if it's just localized to my computer for some reason, but if it is a problem with the map it should be corrected as soon as possible, as it puts the red team at a disadvantage.

Comment

And I am always on the red team so maybe that is why I wasn't winning like I thought I should ... yeah right ... I suck even though that was sounding like a nice excuse to use ... but that is good to know. Can someone verify this. I am UT2ed out for the next few hours. Wheww my head is swimming. Peace.

Comment

D/ling...

Comment

About the teleporters-I have no idea what the problem is. I agree that it puts the red team at a disadvantage. I'll double-check it now and try to find out what's wrong. I'll release the new version with the fixes sometime today.

Comment

Originally posted by Harsh_but_Fair
                        D/ling...
                        No! Stay away from this map ... oh God here we go ... HBF is in the house and there's gonna be some trouble

edited: Sorry HBF ... you are not trouble at all. Peace I was just kidding before you know that.

Comment

Well, now my map takes 20 minutes to rebuild, so it might take awhile to get the teleporters working.

Comment

Wat! no really! wat! wat? i just, well, i am slightly critical, i suppose, but well,

I was here first!

Harsh (slams door)

edit: this is a fun game.

Comment

About the teleporters-I have no idea what the problem is.
                              I'm not sure if this is the solution, since my internet access is b0rked right now and I can't d/l your map to check. Anyway, make sure both teleports are not inside the collision hulls of any static meshes. I had this problem a while back, and it took me awhile to figure out what the problem was.

Comment

New D/L link!

http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=7022

-Made ramp in Factory Isle easier to use
                                -Added BSP to small islands to make lighting much better
                                -Lava does damage now
                                -Smoothed volcano terrain
                                -Fixed teleporter in red base

Comment

Working...
                                X