• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MasctorX v1.1 - Maya Tool for Unreal

Name: MasctorX

Version: 1.1

Compatibility: Maya 6.0 and ActorX 2.34+ for Maya 6.0

Description: MasctorX's sole function is to make the task of exporting animation & meshes from Maya to Unreal effecient and straight forward. The job of exporting 80 or so animations by hand is highly tedious and a poor way to end an energized session of animating, so I devised this solution to automate the task. Besides mass exporting your animations & meshes, the script will automatically determine your animation length as well. whether the animation loops to prevent stutters, as well as whether your mesh is static or skinned.

Comments: Just updated with mass mesh export capability as well as minor fixes & improvements. Email me with any recommendations or issues, be sure to read the readme before using.

Screenshot:

Credits: quantax, SuperMatt for testing

Homepage: http://www.innoscience.net

Download: http://www.innoscience.net/masctorx.zip

Added a downloadlink to the VeC Site

Comment

I'm sure a lot of people will find this VERY useful, good work man. :up:

Comment

Awesome!
        I will most definately use this as I become more experienced (if ever) with Maya.
        Nice Work

Comment

nice work quantaxy baby :up:

i still hate you though you smacktard:sulk:

Comment

Thanks guys all around. I took another user's recommendation and added mass mesh export ability, as well as some other things. I'd appreciate it if someone could test this on Maya 5 or Maya PLE and tell me how it works.

Comment

neat.. I just started my first model and I'm working on figuring out how to animate it all.. this looks like it's a great tool to use once I finish the animations! Anyone know if it works with maya 6 ple?

Comment

AWESOME. THAT'S WHAT I WAS TRYING TO FIND!

Comment

one question, this thing only works whit Maya 6.0 Full?

Because i'm using Maya 5.0 PLE

Comment

I keep getting an error when tryng to export and animation: "ERROR: Failed to find a root bone". What does this mean?

Comment

This is definitely a problem ActorX is encountering with your character. Most likely it means that you have not smooth binded your character to your skeleton or have an old bind in your history that is no longer actually in effect.

I do not know if you've already weighted your character (hopefully not if you need to throw out the smooth bind), but if you can't fix it, unbind the mesh, deleting any weighting history, select the root bone & mesh again and rebind it; check if it exports. If so, that was the problem.

Comment

So... The whole thing is for meshes with skeletons? Well, the problem is, I'm not making a character...?

Comment

Maya PLE 5.0

I'm using Maya PLE 5

The plugin loads fine.

When I attempt to browse to the animation folder I get this error:

Error: Invalid flag: -ds

Comment

It won't work.

Originally posted by BoneBlade
                            I'm using Maya PLE 5

The plugin loads fine.
                            No, it didn't because MasctorX is NOT a plug-in. It is a MEL script.

When I attempt to browse to the animation folder I get this error:

Error: Invalid flag: -ds
                            MasctorX requires Epic's ActorX plug-in. ActorX will not work with Maya PLE nor will any standard Maya plug-ins.

A MEL script could possibly be written to work like MasctorX, but with the Unreal export plug-in for Maya PLE. However, MasctorX won't work as is.

So, the simple answer is, MasctorX won't work with Maya PLE.

Comment

Originally posted by Krogen
                              So... The whole thing is for meshes with skeletons? Well, the problem is, I'm not making a character...?
                              So... You don't need an animation exporter. I don't see any problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X