Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ONS-Argento-Del-Alma Nightish version done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS-Argento-Del-Alma Nightish version done!

Name: ONS-Argento-Del-Alma
    Version: Nightish version
    Compatibility: UT2k4
    Description: The planet Taron's only hope of survival was because of these great two spires that threw acids into the air to create the greenhouse effect that Taron has developed till now. These terra-forming plants were once threatened by the Hellion forces, but with the swift hand of the NEG this schema was stopped. The remains of the convoy carrying the Nexus missiles still remain in this sandy graveyard as a reminder of what could have happened. Now these two terra-forming plants have been discontinued and have been retrofitted to be a solar power plant for nearby towns. The Liandri has bought these grounds for small controlled warfare named Onslaught that has appeared in the new Tournament for the upcoming year. Taron's goes into a hibernation state every decade when the planets start alignment with the Sun Krandura. The axis of Taron changes ever so slightly and affects the atmosphere; though one of the curiosities of this planet yet another surprise is of a sponge like plant that grows dramatically quick to struggle against this change of the atmosphere. This plant has been known to grow 8 feet in a day. This plant now named the guru plant is a spectacle to behold, especially since these plants have light emitting bulbs. This axis change lasts for two years, if it was not for these plants Taron would not be fit for human habitation even with the efforts of terra-forming.
    Comments: Night version for the people who had to go see the eye doctor
    Screenshot: [shot]http://www.heisher.net/Templet1-8.jpg[/shot]
    Credits: Many from these fourms
    Download: http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=6928

I also added it to Nalicity but since it takes a few hours for the system to take well this is the only one unless somebody else puts it on another place etc... I have nps with people putting it on another place.

Just to add to the story CTF-Gralada is in the same planet Taron that is why it will have almost the same sky box etc and plants

Grabbing now, looks great by the pics.

Comment

Well here is my blurb from the beta thread. Glad to see you released this as the final btw.

A fantastic map!!! Wow!! This is what I meant when I said I wanted some really good quality ONS maps with the perfect atmosphere, great lighting, good weapons and vehicles (although I love mantas and feel empty without them lol), a killer design, man the bots play well. The terrrain is top notch. If people find fault with this map well I am just going to be stunned. This is what the CBP2 version should have been imho of course!

Lighting - 10/10 Perfect! Dead on! Dark but not too dark. Very atmospheric ... almost Doom 3 like. Amazing job. Boy did you nail the lighting on this beta version.

Skybox -8/10 Amazing! I guess for me personally the only problem was really the number of planetary bodies that were really visible and they looked way to large ... if they were that close the atmosphere would be gone ... though I guess this is what makes this tournament setting so "UNREAL" ... I dunno less super huge planets would have looked more real and cleaner ... but what do I know I just play maps ... I'm no dev. But the look movements and colors are visually stunning.

Map's Visual Appeal - 9/10 Incredible ... again everything was so spot on ... especially the terrain ... man great job!

Gameply and fps - 10/10 for me and I only play IA. The bots were a little too clever and man were they on me and my team. The game flowed really well for an ONS map ... I really didn't get too lost anyplace ... and I am not the best at navigating ONS maps by a Loooong shot. A very nicely done job there. For a map with so much and a decent size the fps was very very good and I played it at 1600x1200 max settings and I just have a 2.8 GHz P4.

AI - 9/10 Like I said the bots were taking it to me and my team ... they were smarter than I have see on most other ONS maps. Maybe you should write a tutorial on proper bot pathing and AI issues. Excellent work.

On-line and strategic play (link setups) - Well I can't add much here but I know lots of people can and will. It was fun and challenging for me with the default easy setup so I am more than happy in this arena but you will need input from On-line players that's for certain.

Vehicles 7/10 - No mantas means I have to knock off points because it is my fav. Add at least a couple at the main bases and I will up this to 9/10. Add an Ion tank just for fun and a new twist and you'll get 10/10 ... Hah like my opinion carries that much weight.

Overall impressions of this beta: Well I loved it and had a great time and did not run into any bugs that affected my gameplay so for me I have to say this map is currently an 8.5/10. I am really really looking forward to the next beta and I am very interested to hear what others (especially mappers) think of this map. I really don't think I am that far off with my score. Muchos Gracias amigo Desp. Mantas por favor. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2

Skybox -8/10 Amazing! I guess for me personally the only problem was really the number of planetary bodies that were really visible and they looked way to large ... if they were that close the atmosphere would be gone ... though I guess this is what makes this tournament setting so "UNREAL" ... I dunno less super huge planets would have looked more real and cleaner ... but what do I know I just play maps ... I'm no dev. But the look movements and colors are visually stunning.

I actually added this to the whole story the atmosphere does go into flux and this happens ever 12 years on this planet Taron The plants that are sponge like actually grow in this time and battle the atmosphere effect till this aligmnet and axis change passes.

It is unreal but I did actually add it to the story part of the map when you read the discription hehe

Thanks though I really enjoyed re arranging this map to be what it is now.

This is the final version also.

Comment

"It is unreal but I did actually add it to the story part of the map when you read the discription hehe "

Well Desp what can I say but I got so into the map and wanted to tell you how I felt so quickly that I forgot to read the description. Now that makes for a wonderfully UNREAL yet totally believable explanation ... nice imaginative leap there. Plants that can counteract gravitational forces of that magnitude ... a very cool idea ... I hope you expand on this at some point. Maybe a short story (off topic ... you seem like you may write sci-fi stories or something) one day. Peace.

Comment

Beautiful work, Rogelio!

This map now has additional mirrors, including a magnet link for peer-to-peer downloading via the Gnutella network, screenshots and additional information at the below url:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=2523

I'll also add the BU/NC mirror links once it shows up there.

Comment

Thanks

Yeah I can see you got into it

I am expanding on this planet with the new map CTF-Gralada... I have thought about adding more to this planet to explain some more stuff etc on this planet... but not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Desp#2
                Thanks

Yeah I can see you got into it

I am expanding on this planet with the new map CTF-Gralada... I have thought about adding more to this planet to explain some more stuff etc on this planet... but not sure.
                Is this map posted over in the beta section? I'll probably go an look but on the off chance I don't before you reply ...

Comment

yes it is but it is just the layout section I have some screenshots also just do a search for CTF-gralada and it should pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by Desp#2
                    yes it is but it is just the layout section I have some screenshots also just do a search for CTF-gralada and it should pop up.
                    Wow. That looks absolutely amazing ... are you still in the conceptual and design pre-alpha stage or have you made some progress ... if I may ask. That is one map I will have to keep my eye on ... (boy there are some good maps coming out these days ... the new golden age for the Unreal Tournament Franchise). Peace. :up:

Comment

Again :

TEH PWN!!1

DLed.

Comment

Mirror

Comment

Added a downloadlink to the [urm=http://vec.be/page.php?id=208]VeC Site[/url].

Comment

I like day version better... Nevertheless, it’s great in every way...

Comment

Yeah I like aspects of the Day version better also CyberChrist. But this way for the people who did not like the blinding sun have a choice for this one now. perhaps this might get played on servers more etc... Who knows the only way perhaps it can get on servers now without being in a CBP like project is to be posted in PU and BU nudge nudge I know some of you PU news posters come around here sometimes.

CBA`ken- Thanks for the mirror

Zentak- Thanks for the mirror

Musilowaski- Thanks

AnubanUT2- Thanks again CTF-Gralada still has some concept stuff I have to finish and a few more meshes plus textures that need to be completed. So far the outside is finished and the inner detailing is around 50% done. Not sure how long it will take becuase I am entering my graphic design school soon. But I am very excited about this level.

kiddailey- thanks for the mirror

Comment

Working...
                              X