• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AS-Shipjack for Unreal Tournament 2k4

Name: AS-ShipJack
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Description: A re-creation of a recent near catastrophe. A freighter ship containing valuable cargo
    was hijacked in deep-space and its course was adjusted to send it careening towards earth,
    with all of its precious and highly-explosive cargo. With only a little more than an hour
    to react, it was decided that a special ops team would fly up along side the freighter and
    board it via the cargo bay. Then, the team would move through the freighter, input new
    coordinates at the docks, and complete the manual override at the bridge. This task was
    made exceptionally hard due to the freighter's emergency onboard defenses now being used
    against the special ops team
    Comments: Has intro, but no voice acting as of yet. Will get it in in at most a week,
    but right now I need all the feedback I can get about the map so I'll have time to
    fix all the issues. I need your help! Please post comments or email them to me at
    *see readme* Hope you enjoy it!
    Screenshot: http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7664
    Credits: Author: Frank Willett
    Homepage: n/a
    Download: http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7664

I am posting this map here because it seems to have a great deal of potential. Some people may not visit Nalicity often so you might have missed this one. For On-line players this map should be a fun if short mission. Have fun and hopefully the author will take a look at this thread and listen to any comments the community has. Enjoy.

wow thank you for nice map link !

now you are Bug master + link mastere too :up:

Comment

Glad you got it Buffy ... I knew you would be around ... you are always among us . BTW, I have been meaning to tell you that your various screenshots over the past three weeks has been exceptional. I don't even bother taking screenies anymore unless it's bug related ... you are so good! Hopefully this will help you land in job in the technical marketing area of a company. For sure your stuff will be used by marketing departments. The map needs work but it is really a nice effort ... enjoy it and take some nice screenshots if possible, please. Peace as always Buffy.

Comment

Nice find! It's some fast action. There's no lead time and you're right in the middle of it from the start. It felt easier to defend than attack for sure. The map's comprised of mostly wide-open spaces and the defenders are almost always positioned up above, looking down on the attackers.

Don't expect anything too fancy in terms of construction, but it does have a decent intro. The arbitrary floating platform between the special ops' ships and the cargo ship really felt wacky.

I also snapped some new screenshots as well because the ones included weren't too exciting. They're at the link below with an additional mirror and a P2P magnet link:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=2517

AnubanUT2, maybe you should edit the author's email address out of your original post and reference the readme file instead. Putting it on the forums here is a guaranteed way to get him on some spammer's address lists

Comment

Added a downloadlink to the VeC Site.

Comment

AnubanUT2, maybe you should edit the author's email address out of your original post and reference the readme file instead. Putting it on the forums here is a guaranteed way to get him on some spammer's address lists [/B]

Good idea ... thanks for the heads up. Peace.

Comment

First of all, AS is not really my thing.

OK, Your idea is nice, but you definatly need some work to do.
              Almost all your rooms are still substracted brushes, that you need to fill up.

Pipes coming from the wall finding another wall to penetrate, lights coming from all sorts of places, not only the ceilings, support structures holding the walls, ceilings and floors together.

At this moment i dont have the feeling i am really on a giant highly explosive spaceride.

It would be cool to see more mech/tech in the map, all kinds of huge nuclear storage barrels to walk by, lots of warning sighns saying omfg!!! dont evar smoke here.
              Warning lights and sirens saying that the ship has been trespassed.

Check dm-cbp-kerosine for instance, it shows you a heavy mechtech feeling map, your map should feel like that,
              if it looks highly explosive, very techy and maybe plundered by the people that hijacked the ship.

Always try to support your ceilings, especially in big rooms.

also i think the damage i had to do to the forcefield generators was insane.
              I was shooting my ammo empty on them, so used allweapons to shoot some redeemer rockets to them.
              but then again, i was alone and no bots following me.

Comment

Hey CS thanks for reminding me of how good a map dm-cbp2-kerosine was/is. Man I owe you for that one and also thanks for the very undeserved mention ... seriously all I do is try and make at least one useful observation/suggestion on a map and I feel I have made a contribution to the entire community. But I really appreciate that ... Peace. :up:

Comment

hehe np m8.
                  and imho the people that helped me making the map better should get the respect that they deserve and I learned a lot with the help of you guys

Comment

Originally posted by Cursed_Soul
                    First of all, AS is not really my thing.

OK, Your idea is nice, but you definatly need some work to do.
                    Here is my 2..

If you want to win a mapping contest based on how a map looks, then by all means, lower the FPS by adding a bunch of eye pleasing ****...

This map is fast, fun and basic and Im happy to add it to my collection.

If there is a suggestion I would make, its add fear spots by the fall areas so the bots dont bail out as much.

Other than that, K.I.S.S.
                    Keep it simple stupid!
                    Its pretty clear players will take playibility over graphics any day...

Comment

rotf @ comment.

'If you want to win a mapping contest based on how a map looks, then by all means, lower the FPS by adding a bunch of eye pleasing ****...'

pwnz.

Comment

Map Creator

Hey it's the map creator, thanks for all of your comments guys! I will definately take them all into consideration for the final version.

Comment

Re: Map Creator

Originally posted by Aven
                          Hey it's the map creator, thanks for all of your comments guys! I will definately take them all into consideration for the final version.
                          Glad you could show up! I hope you didn't mind the fact that I posted this really nice AS map here. IMO this is the BEST site for real constructive feedback. Now that you are here you can take over. Peace and we are all looking forward to the next release. If you want I will delete this thread and you can start yor own for this map and that way you will be in complete charge of the thread. Let me know how you want to proceed. Thanks again for stopping by. Now you know where to post your maps first.

Comment

yea good luck with the map man

Comment

AnubanUT2, you gotta **** AS-Obolus from mapraider, as well! :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X