Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NecrisSkinPack 2 - by Flytag (& the late FreekboyG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    it in Skin City boys ...

http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?se..._infos&id=1872

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks Mine Layer for letting me know. the link can be found on my signature/ at skin city

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The link is down.... can we have a new one?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You left the texture package with the same name. This will result in version mismatches for clients that still have the older version. I recommend renaming it and rereleasing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Woohoo!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    :up: TY

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Flytag
    for anyone who wants it, the 4 tc version of the necrisskinpack2 is available at skincity.

-Flytag
    WooHoo!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    for anyone who wants it, the 4 tc version of the necrisskinpack2 is available at skincity.

-Flytag

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hehe, no problem. I had a nagging feeling that you had mentioned finishing them in another thread but that the filesize was an issue.

Basically, all you need in the NecrisSkinPack2_4Teams.utx are the green and gold textures and the specific shaders for them. Any masks, environment maps, etc. can be referenced from NecrisSkinPack2.utx
    So the file with the green and gold skins should end up being a little smaller than the one with the red, blue and DM skins. It's a big download total, but if someone isn't using CTF4, they don't have to download the extra file.

Edit: I just checked out the one I made. The original pack is about 33.5mb and 10.8 zipped. The 4teams add on pack should come out to about 13.6mb or 3.9mb zipped.
    The weird thing is, that's only 46mb total HD space, but if you put it all in one UTX file it ends up being a 50mb file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Warlocke,

Hey, I just checked my UTX file - and I realized that all the skins are 100% complete, so really it's just a matter of sending these files into skincity yada yada.. I will pass it their way, but if you want a copy, I'd be glad to send one your way. I really do appreciate the support though. I thought there were a few more skins to work on, but I already have every 4TC complete. I probably wouldn't have even realized that I should have released this w/o your interest and support, so a special thanks to you Warlocke for pushing me to simply get off my lazy ***.

Don't worry man, I'll send the file to skincity, and I'll send it your way too... it's a pretty damned big file though with the shaders and whatnot.

anyone who can upload the file on a server - please let me know - we're talking about a filesize of around 50 megs...

hey, if 4TC is came out with the _4teams.utx, do we simply just give skincity the _4teams.utx expansion? or should I be sending them the 50 meg file as well?

:| I think I remember where this left off too... The 4TC shader utx file was so big I thought I should reduce the filesize...

Well, I'll put this up for skincity - deal with problems later.

Warlocke is right; this stuff needs to see the light of day someday.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Flytag
    Anyways, just email me at flytag@gmail.com if you want them and just keep pestering me, trust me, I'll get around to it.
    I'll do just that.

I don't know what precisely was bothering me but I found myself incapable of accomplishing anything from about October to some time in April. I could barely even read anything. I think I'm doing better now and I hope you feel better soon too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I took some shot of this nice skin

:heart:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How are the 4-team version coming along?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have uncut textures for TC - if you want the file, as well as others, I really should just release them.. I'm so damned lazy and distraught right now that I haven't put in the effort to release them... it's all done really. Maybe I should send you the files personally and you can put together a final touch or something if you want.

I need to find those TC files and throw something together for you... you could take the malise and other male textures... I have the layers for the colour shifts, so mine are pretty well matching with the red/blue TCs..

I apologize for the lack of effort. I've been going through a lot of stuff right now, and I haven't got much time to focus on anything but my issues at hand.

I'll throw you the files soon though if you want them anyways... maybe you could sort out the best TCs out of the two of us with the TCs...

I don't even know right now, I'm so lost.

Anyways, just email me at flytag@gmail.com if you want them and just keep pestering me, trust me, I'll get around to it.

Fly

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, it helps to have an excellent base to start with.
    This was really just something I was fiddling around with for personal use (can't play online, so good looking bots are nice).
    I know you could do a better job, especially on the gold skins for Malise and the non-juggernaut males. I was having a hell of a time getting a yellow that looked like yellow on those. Plus, since I wasn't working with the original textures I had to compress an already compressed texture, which doesn't really yield optimal results.

The upcoming skin is looking great, BTW.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X