• Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Deserted

Name: DM-Deserted

Version: 1.0

Compatibility: UT2004

Description:
    This place has no prehistory. Nobody knows why this base was deserted before. From former owners here remain a lot of arms and medicines. And now this base is used for Unreal Tournaments.

Comments:
    Recomended game type is DM(LMS,MUT,etc) 4-6, TDM 3-on-3.
    Bots plays very well, but primary this map is designed for online teamplay.
    EAX is supported. You may enable it for better game environment.
    In addition you may allow camouflage combo for fun.

Screenshots: here

Download: here

interesting.. i've downloaded it..

a small comment, what do you mean by 'prehistory'? prehistory comes before history, and essentially means that it is before written records were found... you probably meant simply history

Comment

From the screenies it looks nice. I'll check it out if i can find time.

one thing i saw from the screens though, the terrain could use a bit more color. it looks like you used one texture on the whole thing. It would have added a lot of depth if oyu had added another layer or 2.

gj though.

Comment

I downloaded this baby two days ago when it was first available on UP and I really really like it. I know people are going to comment about the textures or other visual issues but this is a pretty good looking map and it flows nicely has good fps and the bots were good fighters. I was going to email the author and tell him I enjoyed his map but now I can just post this ... . Peace and thanks for the cool DM map. Hard to find decent ones since ONS is dominating the mapping scene (which isn't a bad thing at all).

Comment

Originally posted by cAm
          one thing i saw from the screens though, the terrain could use a bit more color. it looks like you used one texture on the whole thing. It would have added a lot of depth if oyu had added another layer or 2.
          This terrain already have 4 layers (incl. animated grass). May be screenshots can not display environmental conditions completely...

However I shall take into account...

Comment

I thought It looked nice, but the game play was kind of lacking. Most the time you are running around on a flat serface. There was some z-axis but not much. Expanding the map to include an under ground tunel system, and making the buildings either larger area wise and/or hight wise might also help game play. The thing I disliked about the map was the weapon placment. Half the weapons on the map are link guns, and link guns IMO are one of the spamious noobish weapons in unreal.

with the courent lay out, I feel that this would make a better CTF base in a CTF map, if the map was expanded of course.

Not a bad effort over all, I do really like the theme al lot. :up:

Comment

This map is good for team camping on the roofs (when team is grouped).
              I tried to expand map by adding few underground rooms, but gameplay from it became worse.
              A half of all bots is under the ground. And participation of each of them in game - 50%.
              I think, that z-axis does not require expansion, because this map is designed by a principle of the greatest realness.

Why the link gun is noobish? When I plays on this map, people with link gun do not annoy me.
              Especially this weapon is good in team game. In addition link fire makes some problems for campers, and good for face-to-face battles.

But anyway thanks for any comments. It is useful to me.

Comment

wow reminds me of halflife, looks nice (sorry no d/l as im at work)

keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                X