Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nathjan
    EvilEngine can you help me out here, since you were the one of made this
    Well, like the previous poster asked, does the species say "Species_Merc"?
    If you are using the UPL I supplied in "serversonly" folder it should work, as it has for everyone else. I hope you didn't add it and the normal UPL in the "system" directory at the same time, because you will get errors that way too.

Now if you are using the upl I included for online play, and still are getting issues, let me know and send me your ut2004.log so I can check out whats up.

Comment

Why dont you make marines and Axon heavy power armour models, cause they are just so cool!

Comment

U2soldiers With UTCOMP = Its impossible???

U2Soldiers in UT2004 SINGLE PLAYER = Its impossible!!????

Comment

Okay People!

First of all. Really great work on those models! Very neat!
          But i can't get it online. I've read this whole thread about 4 times, i changed the upl towards all suggestions i could find here, always swaped the upl file with the one from FORSERVERSONLY, and so on .. i also tried the Skaarj Thread, but they are far from my topic. Now the whole thing even made me sign up on this forum to ask for help.

Ok, now i have the latest, here posted, UPL with another species.
          I can play using the model against Bots, and Bots play with them aswell, the skeleton thing is also no problem (as mentioned..) no errors offline at all. well done.. BUT:

What can i do about the "Incompatible Game Files!"-thing on that U2Soldier.ukx when i try to join a server ?

I'm really lost, and i got that far, tried so much, that i simply dont want to give up now! Please help us all, and give us the final help/fix/advise to get rid of that error message. Something like: To avoid getting "Incompatible Game Files" Error message do this and that .. im missing this thruought the whole discussion, only some slight description from which i dont even know if they really adress my problem. For short.. i tried them all.

Plz. Im dying here. Thanks in advance!

Comment

You could PM your ut2004.log and the details of your problem to Evil Engine, or perhaps post the log here.

Comment

Hay EvilEngine

Are you ever going to make a new version to fix the online and the **** bug with the pheonix model not having any karma data or ragdoll physics!
              If you do make a new release make one or two models for each type with team skins, maybe even CTF4 skins because there were so many **** models it wasn't funny! really

I don't understand a thing about all this turn this to that and that to this, i'm no god but i don't know how to edit so please EE make a new version!

Really love it but i want to go online!

By the way does the Skaarj model pack have the same can't go online effect as does this pack?

Comment

Because, and this was covered thoroughly in both the U2Skaarj and the U2Soldier threads, Epic won't allow custom server packages and that's how EE managed all the great things like custom gibs. For an online solution, read the U2Skaarj thread.

Comment

I thought the 3339 patch fixed those online bugs?
                  It did for me at least, something I have been waiting for a long time.
                  As for the ragdoll I thought I posted a link to the fix in this thread.
                  All it was is a upl fix. Just make sure all the first set of u2soldiers have "Ragdoll=U2Soldier" in thier entry.
                  Like this:
                  Code:
                  Player=(DefaultName="U2Soldier",Mesh=U2Soldier.U2Soldier,TeamFace=1,BotUse=3,species=U2Soldier.SPECIES_U2S1,BodySkin=U2Soldiertex.Skin2,FaceSkin=U2Soldiertex.Skin1,TeamFace=1,BotUse=3,BotUse=3,Portrait=U2Soldiertex.pic,Sex=Male,Aggressiveness=+0.4,CombatStyle=+0.4,bJumpy=1,StrafingAbility=+0.5,Ragdoll=U2Soldier,Skeleton=U2Soldier.Skeleton)
                  Player=(DefaultName="U2Soldier-black",Mesh=U2Soldier.U2Soldier,TeamFace=1,BotUse=3,species=U2Soldier.SPECIES_U2S1,BodySkin=U2Soldiertex.Skinblacklimbs,FaceSkin=U2Soldiertex.Skinblackbody,Portrait=U2Soldiertex.pic-black,Sex=Male,Aggressiveness=+0.4,CombatStyle=+0.4,bJumpy=1,StrafingAbility=+0.5,Ragdoll=U2Soldier,Skeleton=U2Soldier.Skeleton)
                  Player=(DefaultName="U2Soldier-red",Mesh=U2Soldier.U2Soldier,TeamFace=1,BotUse=3,species=U2Soldier.SPECIES_U2S1,BodySkin=U2Soldiertex.Skin2_0,FaceSkin=U2Soldiertex.Skin1_0,Portrait=U2Soldiertex.pic-red,Sex=Male,Aggressiveness=+0.4,CombatStyle=+0.4,bJumpy=1,StrafingAbility=+0.5,Ragdoll=U2Soldier,Skeleton=U2Soldier.Skeleton)
                  Player=(DefaultName="U2Soldier-blue",Mesh=U2Soldier.U2Soldier,TeamFace=1,BotUse=3,species=U2Soldier.SPECIES_U2S1,BodySkin=U2Soldiertex.Skin2_1,FaceSkin=U2Soldiertex.Skin1_1,Portrait=U2Soldiertex.pic-blue,Sex=Male,Aggressiveness=+0.4,CombatStyle=+0.4,bJumpy=1,StrafingAbility=+0.5,Ragdoll=U2Soldier,Skeleton=U2Soldier.Skeleton)
                  Player=(DefaultName="U2Soldier-Phoenix",Mesh=U2Soldier.U2Soldier,TeamFace=1,BotUse=3,species=U2Soldier.SPECIES_U2S1,BodySkin=U2Soldiertex.Pskin2,FaceSkin=U2Soldiertex.Pskin1,Portrait=U2Soldiertex.phoenix,Sex=Male,Aggressiveness=+0.4,CombatStyle=+0.4,bJumpy=1,StrafingAbility=+0.5,Ragdoll=U2Soldier,Skeleton=U2Soldier.Skeleton)

Comment

. code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Player=(DefaultName="U2Soldier",Mesh=U2Soldier.U2S oldier,TeamFace=1,BotUse=3,species=U2Soldier.SPECI ES_U2S1,BodySkin=U2Soldiertex.Skin2,FaceSkin=U2Sol diertex.Skin1,TeamFace=1,BotUse=3,BotUse=3,Portrai t=U2Soldiertex.pic,Sex=Male,Aggressiveness=+0.4,Co mbatStyle=+0.4,bJumpy=1,StrafingAbility=+0.5,Ragdo ll=U2Soldier,Skeleton=U2Soldier.Skeleton)
                    Player=(DefaultName="U2Soldier-black",Mesh=U2Soldier.U2Soldier,TeamFace=1,BotUse= 3,species=U2Soldier.SPECIES_U2S1,BodySkin=U2Soldie rtex.Skinblacklimbs,FaceSkin=U2Soldiertex.Skinblac kbody,Portrait=U2Soldiertex.pic-black,Sex=Male,Aggressiveness=+0.4,CombatStyle=+0. 4,bJumpy=1,StrafingAbility=+0.5,Ragdoll=U2Soldier, Skeleton=U2Soldier.Skeleton)
                    Player=(DefaultName="U2Soldier-red",Mesh=U2Soldier.U2Soldier,TeamFace=1,BotUse=3, species=U2Soldier.SPECIES_U2S1,BodySkin=U2Soldiert ex.Skin2_0,FaceSkin=U2Soldiertex.Skin1_0,Portrait= U2Soldiertex.pic-red,Sex=Male,Aggressiveness=+0.4,CombatStyle=+0.4, bJumpy=1,StrafingAbility=+0.5,Ragdoll=U2Soldier,Sk eleton=U2Soldier.Skeleton)
                    Player=(DefaultName="U2Soldier-blue",Mesh=U2Soldier.U2Soldier,TeamFace=1,BotUse=3 ,species=U2Soldier.SPECIES_U2S1,BodySkin=U2Soldier tex.Skin2_1,FaceSkin=U2Soldiertex.Skin1_1,Portrait =U2Soldiertex.pic-blue,Sex=Male,Aggressiveness=+0.4,CombatStyle=+0.4 ,bJumpy=1,StrafingAbility=+0.5,Ragdoll=U2Soldier,S keleton=U2Soldier.Skeleton)
                    Player=(DefaultName="U2Soldier-Phoenix",Mesh=U2Soldier.U2Soldier,TeamFace=1,BotUs e=3,species=U2Soldier.SPECIES_U2S1,BodySkin=U2Sold iertex.Pskin2,FaceSkin=U2Soldiertex.Pskin1,Portrai t=U2Soldiertex.phoenix,Sex=Male,Aggressiveness=+0. 4,CombatStyle=+0.4,bJumpy=1,StrafingAbility=+0.5,R agdoll=U2Soldier,Skeleton=U2Soldier.Skeleton)[/B]
                    but how do i do that?

Comment

Go to the system folder, open "u2soldiers.upl" or whatever the similarly named upl file is and you'll see something like what he posted. You should be able open it with notepad, just type the ragdoll entry between two commas like all the other entries in the file are. Save.

So their aren't any team skins huh? Pitty.
                      Question: How many of these models use shaders instead of flat skins?

edt: Also, evil, is there a place for new DL's? The patch is dead and the main file has been taken off hotlinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Caravaggio
                        Go to the system folder, open "u2soldiers.upl" or whatever the similarly named upl file is and you'll see something like what he posted. You should be able open it with notepad, just type the ragdoll entry between two commas like all the other entries in the file are. Save.

So their aren't any team skins huh? Pitty.
                        Question: How many of these models use shaders instead of flat skins?

edt: Also, evil, is there a place for new DL's? The patch is dead and the main file has been taken off hotlinking.
                        WOW I just noticed that, bummer.
                        Coincedently I forgot my password to that login name :bulb:
                        Anyways I will post the info here and maybe if an admin sees this they update the first post.

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK:
                        http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...n=file&id=4433
                        And the patch for the UPL:
                        http://torlan.forerunners.org/files/...ierUPL_fix.zip

Comment

Originally posted by EvilEngine
                          WOW I just noticed that, bummer.
                          Coincedently I forgot my password to that login name :bulb:
                          Anyways I will post the info here and maybe if an admin sees this they update the first post.

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK:
                          http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...n=file&id=4433
                          And the patch for the UPL:
                          http://torlan.forerunners.org/files/...ierUPL_fix.zip
                          Nice does it fix ragdoll stuff on the pheonix model?

Comment

EE - You can update your first post if you'd like, sign in and look at the bottom-right corner of your post, there'll be an "EDIT" button right next to QUOTE.

Comment

awesome! This is gonna be my FHI skin! hehe... i am john dalton again! xD

Comment

Originally posted by The[EVILENGINE]
                                Just make sure in the U2Soldiers.upl that:
                                Code:
                                species=U2Soldier.SPECIES_U2S1
                                Is something else like:
                                Code:
                                species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc
                                Shouldn't that be
                                Code:
                                species=xGame.SPECIES_U2S1
                                ?
                                All other species in the xplayer files follow the same pattern...

Comment

Working...
                                X