Unreal2Soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem...

Are you going to get the other soldiers from Unreal 2 ported as well (like teh Liandri ones) or the heavy armored skaarj?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceboy2003
      No problem...

Are you going to get the other soldiers from Unreal 2 ported as well (like teh Liandri ones) or the heavy armored skaarj?
      No, becuase I can't get those models. Unless someone wants to re-create them.

As for the skeleton thing up above, you can also use:
      Code:
      Skeleton=U2Soldier.Skeleton
      So you don't have to force the game to load up a mesh from another animation package, this way keeping things much quicker for loadtimes.

Comment

Originally posted by The[EVILENGINE]
        No, becuase I can't get those models. Unless someone wants to re-create them.

As for the skeleton thing up above, you can also use:
        Code:
        Skeleton=U2Soldier.Skeleton
        So you don't have to force the game to load up a mesh from another animation package, this way keeping things much quicker for loadtimes.
        Is someone from Atari sitting on the models? I thought Epic said that using the assets from Unreal 2 in a UT2004 mod was ok?

As for the skeleton thing, I have pre-load skins on, so it should be preloading the skeletons for the default models anyways right? It probably doesn't matter which one I use...

Comment

Originally posted by Iceboy2003
          Is someone from Atari sitting on the models? I thought Epic said that using the assets from Unreal 2 in a UT2004 mod was ok?

As for the skeleton thing, I have pre-load skins on, so it should be preloading the skeletons for the default models anyways right? It probably doesn't matter which one I use...
          The skeleton in the U2soldiers pack has pretty bloodstains all over it, so go for that one

As for the meshes, look in the U2skaarj thread(I just posted it) for my comments on that. I think the whole community should start speaking up about all these different Unreal games from so many different developers. Now we have to deal with Midway.
          Hopefully they don't have a GOLEM of thier own.

Comment

Sorry to hit this thread again, but I've been away from my 'puter for a week & a half, and was wondering about this pack. Have the skins been updated to be online-multiplayer compatible? There were problems before with the animations IIRC that wouldn't allow them to be used online. Can someone confirm to me that they've been fixed?

TIA

Comment

There was an update that gave 2 .upls. Look in them and name one(the one with the custom species) NonS(erver)U2Soliders and Name the Other S(erver)U2Soldiers. Use Nons for offline and S for online. Thats what I do.

Comment

ok i've put the updated .upl file in the systems folder but i get an incompatible error for U2Soldier.ukx whenever i try to join a server can someone help me out here

Comment

You sure its the new upl... oh well.

Comment

man, i love the new blood and gib, maybe think about making a mutator that replaces all blood and gib with unreal2's :up:

Comment

Bump!

No matter what server im going in, it says the files U2Soldier.ukx is incompatible....

Comment

FYI - reposting here for your own reading enjoyment (click my sig for original thread)

Stigmata
                        scumgrief - where can i download the updated U2 soldier models? I'm using the older ones, and most of the time they but not always...
                        Scumgrief
                        U2 Soldier download
                        There are 2 downloads there - the main pack & the updated .upl pack. If you go to page 4, Darth_Chaos says:
                        There was an update that gave 2 .upls. Look in them and name one(the one with the custom species) NonS(erver)U2Soliders and Name the Other S(erver)U2Soldiers. Use Nons for offline and S for online. Thats what I do.
                        So what I'm going to do when I have time is download all this updated stuff, install the online .upl this dude is talking about, and see what happens. If anyone can get to testing these before me & report results, it would be appreciated

Comment

The online upl turns the soldier characters into jakobs in IA and Online. Its cause of custom species bull**** that epic doesn't have a fix for.

Comment

Originally posted by nathjan
                            ok i've put the updated .upl file in the systems folder but i get an incompatible error for U2Soldier.ukx whenever i try to join a server can someone help me out here

EvilEngine can you help me out here, since you were the one of made this

Comment

Are you sure it says Species_Merc in the upl?

Comment

Wow just awesome skins I realy like them!

Comment

Working...
                                X