Unreal2Soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonkish
    Seems that, at least on my system, the models that look like Dalton from U2 don't want to ragdoll at all. You kill them and they (or what's left of them) freeze in place.

Also, my other big issue is with the structuring of the skins. Is it really necessary to have seperate characters for the red/blue variants of all of these skins? Can't they be condensed down to having a base skin with red/blue teamskins (which can be changed to red/blue in non-team gametypes at the whim of the player)? Probably just a nitpick on my part, but it bothers me, I dunno why.

The custom gibs and such are awesome. I love watching these guys go boom from a flak shell...

All in all, excellent job!
    Theres been a new re-upload of the models that fix that ragdoll bug, or you can download the seperate UPL zip instead.
    The skins all needed thier own red and blue becuase I have red and blue skins selectable.
    One of the big complaints was that each selectable skin didnt have it's teamskin mate. SO, to resolve this I had to make each red and blue have a red and blue oppposite, as well as every other color.
    Didn't really add much to the UTX size, but just is a pain in the A$$ to make.
    As for:
    btw :
    there are no fallback-textures defined for the shaders/finalblends.
    As a result some cards may have problems with these models/skins.
    Yes that is my fault becuase of the time contraints, and will be updated ASAP. I have tested pretty much 90% of all these models on older Geforce2, Geforce3 and all the current Radeon and newer Nvidia vgas and there were no visual bugs. If there are, please post them so I may make a note of thier settings and make a replacement.

Comment

Could you at least make sure that 'Race' is set to something useful ?
      That would make it a lot easier to find them in the entire set of skins/characters ...

Comment

Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
        Could you at least make sure that 'Race' is set to something useful ?
        That would make it a lot easier to find them in the entire set of skins/characters ...
        I highly doubt that or anything else I do will make you happy.

For you, I will make sure RACE is set to something useful in the future.

If it sounds like I have an attitude, yes maybe I do. I don't think once in the years you've been here you have posted anything positive in one of my threads. Sorry I just never met someone so negative before.

Comment

JaFO wants everything to look nice and proper and work very very well with his bot manager...

Comment

Have you tried getting this model in game yet?
            It's one of my favs.

Keep up the good work. :up:

Comment

Talon, since this is obviously a major issue with many people, maybe a zip can be provided with the fixes for both new model packs?

I know 99% of my 2004 gameplay is online, and I just don't install anything that breaks it.

The rest of the clan is the same way. We have played online for years now, and just ignore anything that does not work online, or creates issues with it.

Comment

I must say this pack is the ebst ive played and most of my clan members love it!

When Im hostind and everyone has the file, it works, no problems!

This must be the most high qual pack ive ever seen. Congratulations and Well done :up:

*Returns to downloading the Skaarj Pack*

Comment

Originally posted by gareee
                  Talon, since this is obviously a major issue with many people, maybe a zip can be provided with the fixes for both new model packs?

I know 99% of my 2004 gameplay is online, and I just don't install anything that breaks it.

The rest of the clan is the same way. We have played online for years now, and just ignore anything that does not work online, or creates issues with it.
                  It's provided in the Marines pack. The FORSERVERSONLY, or whatever it's called, can't remember off the top of my head. With the Skaarj, the very easy step by step fix is provided inside the U2Skaarj thread. Basicly, it involves opening up the u2skaarj.upl, and changing their species to merc.

Comment

Ahhh Super_Moose, the female soldiers would be pretty neat. I had to look through that gallery. These would be cool too

Marines

Skaarj

Heavy Armor

Another skaarj

*imagines him in invasion*

So many models so little time!

Comment

By "losing the custom stuff" when you modify that file, do you mean only for these models or for all the models that come with the game?

Comment

Originally posted by M_nus
                        By "losing the custom stuff" when you modify that file, do you mean only for these models or for all the models that come with the game?
                        Well if you edit the Soldier's upl it will only effect those models. Not anything else.

Comment

Kinda' like how fast the characters run. Is there a way to tweak them so that I can add a little variation to how fas they run and how high they jump? By the way is there a way to keep them from hurting themselves when jumping?

Comment

nice work :up: yeah i'd really like to see the liandri angels too...
                            my fave couple levels in U2 were against them

Comment

Nice work indeed...

Comment

BWAH AHA HAAH HAH AHA - PHEAR TEH FUTURE!

Top work EE

Comment

Working...
                                X