Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal2Soldiers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Zyklon
    Awesome skins :up:
    I'm distributing your skins through my invasion server at the moment - works like a charm!!! (One of very few skins I could get to work and not crash the server)

    (In case it easy to explain: How hard is it to create the *.u files? I've got some skins I would like to put on the server,. but they dont have the u files )
    Well I made this model pack before the "push" concept took off.
    Theres a tutorial at the UDN website on how to do it, as I never did it personally.
    As for the stormtroopers rifle, its being made now. A much more realistic version and with some very nifty visual fx.
    I'll have screenshots soon for it , in its own thread.

    Comment


      Awsome!!

      Evil your site downloads are down and i want to get the clone trooper to kick *** it UT2004!!!:haha: :haha:


      *edit* I just noticed something, when i played with your disrupction gun Arena thing EvilEngine it work fine, but there was no model for the first person view? You can see it as a pick from where it has replaced other weapons and you can see enaimes carrying it and it fires like it should, but you don't see it in first person?

      Can you please tell me what is happening? I really want to see the gun!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Mr. uglyPants
        Awsome!!

        Evil your site downloads are down and i want to get the clone trooper to kick *** it UT2004!!!:haha: :haha:


        *edit* I just noticed something, when i played with your disrupction gun Arena thing EvilEngine it work fine, but there was no model for the first person view? You can see it as a pick from where it has replaced other weapons and you can see enaimes carrying it and it fires like it should, but you don't see it in first person?

        Can you please tell me what is happening? I really want to see the gun!
        Problem is your probably using the small weapons view option(Epic you guys need to remove this).
        Since I pretty much made that setting identical to the normal view in the new DP gun mutator that should be fixed. Not sure if i uploaded it yet for public use becuase it was being beta tested by a friend . If you want it, just PM me and Ill hook you up with it and some other non-public goodies.
        As for the downloads on my webpage, the links are dead until i get all the models uploaded. Which will be soon.

        Comment


          I'll try changing the weapon view thing EE!

          I also PM you!!

          Thanks:up: :up:

          Originally posted by buffytheslayer

          Map by
          DM-Sentinel (UT2003)
          http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6047
          DM-Frozen (UT2003)
          http://mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=270
          [/B]
          Hey Buffy do both Sentinel and Frozen work with UT2004 as well?

          Comment


            the u2 soldier models look good, but i cant find a link to download it

            Comment


              Originally posted by Michael65
              the u2 soldier models look good, but i cant find a link to download it
              http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...n=file&id=4433

              Comment


                Doesn't look like either link is working...?

                Comment


                  it working for me ..

                  Originally posted by rimmy
                  Doesn't look like either link is working...?
                  go here and click or right click and save target
                  http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...n=file&id=4433
                  [ Direct Download ]

                  Mr. uglyPants
                  yes both working for me

                  EvilEngine I cant wait new Storm Troopers Rifle !!! :cry: :up:

                  Comment


                    EvilEngine can you add to U2Skaarjs models of SkaarjMedium and SkaarjHeavy?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by SDVenom
                      EvilEngine can you add to U2Skaarjs models of SkaarjMedium and SkaarjHeavy?
                      This has been addressed several times before. If I recall correctly the models that are used are originally static meshes in Unreal 2. All the game models that aren't converted are stored as GOLEM meshes (Legend's custom modeling system for Unreal 2), which isn't compatible with UT200X.

                      Someone made a Blender script to convert (or at least) extract the GOLEM meshes into something more useful, and posted a screenshot of a Heavy Liandri Angel running around in UT2004, but nothing else has been done since then, which is a shame.

                      If anyone would be interested in working on getting the GOLEM models converted, I'd be willing to help out, but I have zilch in modeling experience so I have no idea on where to start with such a project.

                      As for the small weapons option... i think that's there for anyone running below 1024x768, as the weapon mesh default size in first person is wicked huge and takes up quite a bit of room at that low a res.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Iceboy2003
                        This has been addressed several times before. If I recall correctly the models that are used are originally static meshes in Unreal 2. All the game models that aren't converted are stored as GOLEM meshes (Legend's custom modeling system for Unreal 2), which isn't compatible with UT200X.

                        Someone made a Blender script to convert (or at least) extract the GOLEM meshes into something more useful, and posted a screenshot of a Heavy Liandri Angel running around in UT2004, but nothing else has been done since then, which is a shame.

                        If anyone would be interested in working on getting the GOLEM models converted, I'd be willing to help out, but I have zilch in modeling experience so I have no idea on where to start with such a project.

                        As for the small weapons option... i think that's there for anyone running below 1024x768, as the weapon mesh default size in first person is wicked huge and takes up quite a bit of room at that low a res.
                        Whoa I never knew someone achieved that yet. Its not like I tried either, as Epic and Legend never responded to my emails concerning releasing the source code for Golem. Even the guy running the Golem university site who said this is possible to create plugins never helped me either. If you can get me in contact with this person maybe we can work on getting these missing models working in an expansion pack.

                        Comment


                          Sorry for ressurrecting this age-old thread, but this is really getting on my ***. I'm trying to re-download those U2 Soldier skins, but the link given in the http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...d.php?t=397947 -thread leads to a page that is put down for God knows how long. ****ing spectacular. Where the hell can I find the skinpack with updated/fixed ragdolls?! I'm getting increasingly frustrated here.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by legacy-EvilEngine View Post
                            I used merc as an example. And its not xgame, its :
                            "species=U2Soldier.SPECIES_U2S1" since theres no such thing as U2S1 in the xgame .U system file.

                            /me wonders why this thread continues to live :bulb:

                            Just use this file:
                            http://www.bigfootstudios.com/EVILEN...oldier_fix.zip

                            Btw, since this old thread was brought up would anyone want to use the Dispersion Pistol if I took it out of the U2skaarj package and made it seperate? Something for the non-broadbanders to play with . I might do this and package it with my "nakhti_scorpion" pistol.


                            I can provide the acttual texture to the Nahkti scorpions if wanted/ needed EE.PM me.


                            Also I'd like a new link to.

                            UT2c mod has these models, and maybe even the "golem"..???

                            Comment


                              Seems the place hosting the files is in a server upgrade or something. I'll do my best to reupload the full and fixed version of these models up onto some other hosting site. Until then heres the original file on Filefront:
                              http://files.filefront.com/UT2004MDL.../fileinfo.html

                              And heres the fixed upl:
                              http://rapidshare.com/files/11902007...erfix.zip.html

                              Comment


                                Woohoo! Does the last link's "Fixed upl" contain the ragdoll fix?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X