Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT2004RPG v1.2a

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2004RPG v1.2a

Name: UT2004RPG

Version: 1.2a

Compatibility: UT2004

Description: This mutator adds a persistent levelup system to UT2004. Frags will give you EXP towards a levelup. After a levelup, you get a (configurable) number of points to use on statistics such as weapon speed, health, adrenaline, and damage modifiers or abilities such as Regeneration. Bonus EXP is given for killing players of higher level than you, multikills, sprees, headshots, winning a match, and (in certain gametypes) scoring game objectives. Every player's level, stats, and abilities are all saved to .ini and reloaded in future games when that player joins.

As if all that wasn't enough, UT2004RPG features magical weapons and artifacts. Any weapon you pick up has a chance of being magical and having special modifiers, such as increased damage. Additionally, artifacts are special pickups placed randomly throughout the level which can be activated to give an ability or bonus. Artifacts consume your Adrenaline when in use.

Comments: This version overwrites the previous, so there's no need to uninstall. You will not lose your data.

Changes from v1.1:
    -Fixed Jailbreak
    -Fixed ChaosUT
    -Failsafe to prevent crashes when playing any other gametypes that destroy pawns without killing them
    -Fixed random undesired switching to best weapon when a magic weapon has no ammo (really this time)
    -Replaced "Bot Bonus Levels" with "Fake Bot Levels" which turns off saving of bot data and instead simply gives them a level near that of the human player(s)
    -Added Ironman mode. If activated, only the winning player/team's data is saved - losers lose the EXP they gained that match (NOTE: In Invasion, players that leave the server midway still get their data saved if the remaining players win)
    -Added "Use Official Redirect Server" option. This option, on by default, causes servers to redirect clients to a special official redirect server for UT2004RPG files (all other files continue to use whatever redirect the server admin has set up)

Credits: See the Readme.

Homepage: http://mysterial.linuxgangster.org/UTRPG/

Download: http://mysterial.linuxgangster.org/UTRPG/media.html

download isn't working...

Comment

nm, my bad!:up:

Comment

Great as always Mysterial :up:

Comment

Brilliant Work

Comment

Re: UT2004RPG v1.2

Originally posted by Mysterial
            -Added "Use Official Redirect Server" option. This option, on by default, causes servers to redirect clients to a special official redirect server for UT2004RPG files (all other files continue to use whatever redirect the server admin has set up)
            Best feature evar! :up:

Comment

I hope all servers update asap

Version miss much
              I cant join any server right now :cry:

Comment

Re: I hope all servers update asap

Originally posted by buffytheslayer
                Version miss much
                I cant join any server right now :cry:
                Servers with the new version can allow old versions to connect, but not the other way around. Sorry. Bug your favorite server admin to upgrade.

Comment

I Delete old version

so I cant play at Instant action too :cry:
                  where can I download old version ?? :heart:

Comment

Thanks Mysterial:-)

10x

Comment

You could move the new RPG files to a backup folder when you play online (or just delete them). You will automatically download the files for RPG 1.1 to your cache.

Comment

Instant Action is unaffected by the version thing.

You can download the old versions of the UT2004RPG.u files and then keep them in zip files named appropriately. Then just unzip the version you need to overwrite with to play on a server.

Comment

Good update Mys. Glad to see regular improvements to this mutator.

I have to ask, can you pick up magic weapon abilities if you already have the basic weapon, or do you still just get ammo. Weapon lockers should only give ammo in this situation, but dropped magic weapons should give their abilities. I know I'm just too lazy to drop the weapon im carrying for the new one.

Comment

Great job, but one thing I would like to see is captibuilty with Arkon (sp) Weapons.

Yes I'm glad you're updating it regularly.

Comment

It occurs to me, that in the playing I just did, I never checked if max. ammo bonus got fixed or not, I'll have to check that when I get a chance. What I did notice, however, (and am therefore posting about) is a problem with jailbreak. Whenever I'm selected for an arena match, the game dies, similar to this:
                              UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-06-11_16.51]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1011 MHz with 511MB RAM
                              Video: GeForce3/PCI/3DNOW!

MutUT2004RPG JB-Solamander.MutUT2004RPG1 (Function UT2004RPG.MutUT2004RPG.ModifyPlayer:0157) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (JBInfoArena JB-Solamander.JBInfoArena0, Function Jailbreak.JBInfoArena.MatchCountdown.Timer) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Solamander <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
                              Although, now that I think about it, it _might_ be an interaction with WoE_sentinel. I didn't take that out, and I know it grants you a permanent deployer in your inventory.

I'll fiddle around more with my various mutators when I get a chance, and post more info as I get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X