Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Cyrin
    Why aren't custom botnames (stock models w/ diff names) working in ChaosUT2?

Hmmm will have to double check...we did not do that on purpose...could have been a bug that slipped through.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why aren't custom botnames (stock models w/ diff names) working in ChaosUT2?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Timoteck
    doesnt this add sum cheats like mutate kick which boots ur teammates 50metres? i no sumthin like that exists coz someone used it in ToTV2
    Whaaaa?

That's a new move. You use it to punt proxies and such away. You can bind it in the controls menu.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    doesnt this add sum cheats like mutate kick which boots ur teammates 50metres? i no sumthin like that exists coz someone used it in ToTV2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Trel
    I got this fixed on the chaosut forum

Somehow my ini got corrupted, it was fixed when it got rebuilt
    Ahhh good!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got this fixed on the chaosut forum

Somehow my ini got corrupted, it was fixed when it got rebuilt

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Trel
    I just started getting a runtime error when starting chaosut.
    I havn't upgraded yet, but it's strange, that it would start doing this as I've changed nothing since friday when it last worked....

snip
    Trel, sorry for you issues. Can you remove you chaosut2 and chaosut2user ini's and try it again?

If that does nto work, can you open ChaosUT2.ini, and delete the Paths=../System/*.upl and Paths=../ChaosUT2/System/*.upl lines? (That second one might be ChaosUT2/Players, can't remember and can't check.)

Let us know...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just started getting a runtime error when starting chaosut.
    I havn't upgraded yet, but it's strange, that it would start doing this as I've changed nothing since friday when it last worked.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the patch you released and not having it yet.

I'm going to install the patch and see what happens then, in the mean time, the error I get is

Runtime Error

Program: C:\Program Files\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

EDIT

It's still an issue after the patch however, I get a different error when starting it from the community part of UT

it is

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-06-11_16.51]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 932 MHz with 383MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX (5216)

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Package Tex) <- UObject::StaticConstructObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (Tex 3672326) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (kitty_pic_01 3672326) <- ULinkerLoad::Create <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Material kitty_textures.Tex.kitty_pic_01 NULL) <- CacheParseLine::Players <- UxUtil::CacheLoad <- UxUtil::CacheGet <- UxUtil::execGetPlayerRecord <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013) <- UObject::execClassContext <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController, Function XInterface.GUIController.InitializeController) <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bender had a huge problem with it.

But I use Neo, and that never had a problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jeditobe1
    Because some models can cause problems with melee, we made it default back to the standard models only, plus ours. If you want to try adding a custom skin in, copy/paste its upl file to the ChaosUT2/System folder and it should appear. Be warned though, since as i said, some models have some major issues with the melee stuff.
    *nods*

Link JunkyardMech.... The model stretches out like its arms are slinkies...

Does this only do it with melee or all gametypes?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good job, been waiting for this. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks, you guys do great work. this is my fav mod and now it is even better!!!! thank you :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Because some models can cause problems with melee, we made it default back to the standard models only, plus ours. If you want to try adding a custom skin in, copy/paste its upl file to the ChaosUT2/System folder and it should appear. Be warned though, since as i said, some models have some major issues with the melee stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah, thanks for the link. been to busy testing out MarZer's AS map and playing on [NBS]Flak's server to send you a pm back.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic ChaosUT2 3.01 Patch released

ChaosUT2 3.01 Patch released

Name: ChaosUT2 PR

Version: 3.01

Compatibility: UT2004 with patch 3236 and you must have ChaosUT2 3.0 to update

Description:
    Here's an edited changelog, from 3.0 to 3.01:
    =-----------------------------------------------
    * Slight tweak to Duel so it would only use pathnodes to spawn if the map did not have enough player starts in LMS/4 man mode
    * fixed CCTF online issue where you dont score 2 flags
    * All needler, and CGL/Xbow: Poison/Napalm kills should now correctly log the weapon in stats
    * Twaeked Duel Remove Pickup option to work with all weapon modes
    * fix CCTF drop both flags when frozen by Mug and when grappling
    * Failsafes, etc. to prevent people getting stuck in a duel match without a competitor
    * Tweaked ChaosMelee weapons to increase the BotAI a bit
    * Tweaked Claw so that you can not drop it or use the AWO key on it once a kami move is under way
    * Fixed ChaosDM so that it displays he melee option on the server info area
    * Turrets can now be loaded if you don't have the right gun (ie: as long as you have the correct ammo)
    * Added ChaosTransLauncher and ChaosRecall to use for Translauncher in CCTF for dropping both flags
    * Added in checks to the status types to make sure the player effects (posion, napalm, ice, ect) are removed from a player if he wins in Duel
    * Uploaded KoTH melee tweaks
    * Added new turret minigun sound
    * Added some defense code for bots to make them use turrets and sleeper proxies to defend game objectives
    * Tweaked all ChaosGame type HUDs to align the Skull Icon better and to prevent a players name from overlapping the health info
    * Tweaked MUGAir effect to make it less visible (changed opacity to 0.5)
    * Added in a tweak to make SPA texture work better, Turret HUD Colors work very well now
    * Tweaked CGLDisruptorsparks to make them more frame rate friendly
    * Added two tweaks to Turretcode to make the more UT2k4RPG compatible
    * Fixed bug that would not let you reaload any large turrets with minigun ammo
    * Added Melee Only option for ChaosDM
    * Rewrote ChaosWeapon GiveTo function (trying to have dropped alt ammo guns give the right ammo type)
    * Tweaked above ChaosDM Melee option to hide the pickup bases and allow for dropped melees to be picked up
    * Tweaked CGLDisruptor effects to add flash light
    * Tweaked claw's groupoffset so it should not block the minelayer in onslaught, applied same tweak to ERDW and Nade launcher
    * Descreased the range of the CGLDisruptor effects flash light a bit
    * Tweaked grapple a bit to prevent you from entering a vehicle if your grapple was active
    * Disabled switching to spectator in Duel
    * Bots only leave an active Duel round if the server is full, otherwise they leave right before the next round starts
    * Changed Proxy TransientSoundRadius from 5000.00 to 400.000 for water splash being heard too far away
    * Updated Turret muzzle flash
    * Updated .upl's so the Chaos models show more often (like Epics UT2004 models)
    * Tweak to remove ANs in ClawFireMineProj and CrossbowStandardBolt Proj
    * Moved Flag Drop On Grapple option to CCTF Game Rules tab
    * Added code for CCTF Warmup round (commented out for now)
    * Removed laser XHair option from menus, set to on by default
    * Cleaned up the Settings, Mut, and Midgame GUI's
    * Changed some option names in ChaosUT mut, most importantly: ReplaceUTWeapons (interger) is now CycleUTWeapons (true/false)
    * Bumped up inital ammo on CPP per user feedback
    * Check box option to remove all pickups added in for Duel
    * Added who pushed me sensing to kick and mug air blast
    * Tweaked GiveTo of our multiammo weapons to hopefully act better
    * Tweaked turrets to they play the correct fire sounds and upped the volume a bit when the turret did fire its weapon
    * Added code in ChaosCTFHudC so that the flag location dot does not show when you have the flag
    * Added in new effects for Disruptor emitters* Added in new effect for MUG Air Blast
    * Put AttachmentClasses in the alternate ammo weapons
    * Added background images to default properties of loading class
    * Tweaked mug ice to not effect teammates
    * Tweaked the way min players and max players are handled in Duel games.. so they user has some leeway (min players has to be at least 2, max at most 8 still)
    * Added in bot number checking for LMS duels to keep at least 2 people in the game if people quit
    * Added a frozen texture to the HUD to make it a bit easier to tell when you actually have been frozen
    * Cutter blades now actually spin as they fly!
    * Edit to the way defuser.ini changes controls
    * Tweaks to ClawKamiEffect, Neeblebomb, StatusPoisonBurp and ChaosXPawn to avoid AN log spam
    * Tweaked how the turrets die and/or self destruct to ensure they spawn the gibs and do a small explosion (when they self destruct there is a small tweak to the texture so you see it going "haywire")
    * Removed Flak sounds from Claw fire (now they will play the "laser sound" for all but proxies)
    * Modified many ammo pickup messages (picky grammar demons) and the Turret failed to beam in message
    * Fixed second death weapon not spawning if you were using daggers and died
    in duel
    * Cleaned up freezing code a tad
    * Tweaked Melee weapons so that when they hit the turret they don't play the normal pawn "flesh" sounds
    * Tweaked StatusIce to drop both flaggs if a player has them
    * Edited melee weapon ingame tab's title and hint as per suggestion
    * Added a more blatant indicator to the Flag Finder of the sniper rifle scope and also increased its range
    * Tweaked ChaosUT mut to remove some AN's in the CheckReplace function when used with some other muts (AnglePhyics, Strangelove, ect)
    * Re-arranged how binaries handle upl and ucl files. For now, ChaosUT2.ucl is in UT2004System to stay current with our docs and to ease installation of patch
    * Fixed the long name of the medals from overlapping score
    * Limited Spectating in Duel, can't spectate if an active participant
    * Consolidated ChaosUT options into a single page
    * Cleaned up sniper rifle overlays
    * Created new array for our backgrounds - no more getting custom ones from the regular User.ini
    * Added Chaos Weapon Arena - like regular Arena but it also supports alternate ammo weapons
    * Duel: Removed OUT that appeared instead of victories from scoreboard
    * Duel: MidgameMenu waits until it can find GRI before it opens. This is so the message talks about the right mode
    * Duel: If game time remaining is less than round length, round length is set to time remaining. This should fix some issues with OT, when it was happening in the middle of a round
    * Duel: If there's less than 15 seconds of game time left at end of round, just end the game. (There's about 6-8 seconds of waiting included in that)
    * Duel: Will create as many bots as needed to fill the game mode's numbers at the beginning of each round
    * Duel: Will use pathnodes if there aren't enough start points in 4-way
    * Set up ChaosUT2Music folder
    * Added improved Next/PrevWeapon code to combat switching loops
    * Added bOnlyShowOfficial(maps)=False to the DefUser.ini
    * Fixed issue with Claw2 Firing sounds in on-line games
    * Extended turret placement rules to cover all GameObjectives so they won't be placed too close to dom points, AS obejectives Jb Release switches ect
    * Added a fix for CCTF flag drop bug, so that the flags will return to the nearest pathnode and not get stuck like in Bridge of Fate
    * Made new base HUD for Chaos game types, all have code for displaying melee stance in ammo bar
    * Upgraded ChaosDM ending scoreboard
    * Fixed game menu code that was forcing bots to always be set to Specify Number
    * Hosting a dedicated game from GUI will now add the -mod=ChaosUT2 option
    * ChaosUT2.ucl now contained in the ChaosUT2 mod dir
    * StartChaos.bat added to root ChaosUT2
    * Announcer moved from ChaosGames.ucl to ChaosUT2.ucl; shows up in UT2004
    * Tweaked the Ice Effects to not spawn projectors or emitter if they currently had some spawned
    * Prevented Kami in Duel as well as it lead to cases where you could still survie it when you started it
    * Swapped backgrounds so that the CUT2logo back ground and the proxy background change placed from where they are in PR3 which made server browers much more readable
    * Major attack against the Duel Spectating bug
    * Change CCTF double flag scoring to only touch base once
    * Added fix to prevent being stuck in 3rd mode after you swtich to a "standard weapon" in Chaos games when your a client on a listen server
    * tweaked ChaosUT mut so it would not cause a crash on Weaponlocker swaping when used with the UT2k4RPG mod

Comments: n/a

Screenshot: n/a

Credits: Chaotic Dreams

Homepage: http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~chaotic/index.php

Download:
    http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil...pr301_umod.zip

http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil...2pr301_zip.zip
Working...
X