Gem Feeder version 1.1 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg I love this. Its SO awesome.

I found a bug... might just be my machine, but it doesn't let me defuse bombs. If I go up to one and hit e, it makes a bleeping noise, but even if I stand there for 59 seconds, it never pops up the little hud thing you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Quirken
      omg I love this. Its SO awesome.

I found a bug... might just be my machine, but it doesn't let me defuse bombs. If I go up to one and hit e, it makes a bleeping noise, but even if I stand there for 59 seconds, it never pops up the little hud thing you mentioned.
      Here's what might be happening:

The disarm interface only allows you to safely hit Use ('E', in your case) at certain times, i.e. when the light on the left of the interface is green. You don't have to hit E to bring up the interface, you simply touch the A-Bomb and it will/should come up. If you're hitting E as soon as you touch it, odds are you're hitting it when the light is RED, which is causing the interface to go into lockdown mode (this is the penalty for screwing up the timing). It should pop back up again in 10 seconds as long as you stay there and don't press E again.

Also, make sure there's not another player/bot touching the A-Bomb. Only one person can have the disarm interface active at any given time.

Thanks for the compliment, btw. Glad you enjoy!

That is all.

Comment

I was doing exactly what you said, but it still doesn't pop up

Comment

I was doing exactly what you said, but it still doesn't pop up
          Hmm... Are you using any mutators with it? Do you have any other custom gametypes or mods installed? Are you patched to 3236? What kind of video card are you using?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Hehe, sorry 'bout the big questionnaire. :bulb:

That is all.

Comment

Lol, I just realized it might be a mutator, and sure enough it was. I'll let you know what mutator is incompatible in just a minute

Didn't see your post till just now

Comment

seems to be Aerial View AND Apoc's Matrix Moves, both.

Edit:

Here's the mutators I've tried that do work together, and why I use them:

angel item physics - makes all items 'puntable'... i.e. you shoot them and they move. It also makes them breakable if you set that option
              barrel run - creates explosive barrels around the map. This means you can kill people near barrels by blowing the barrels up
              ut2k4 rpg - Allows a level up system with stats and special abilities, as well as artifacts that give special abilities. You can also have magic weapons, which at random, when you pick up a gun, it might have something special, like poison or infinite ammo.
              verbage - This doesn't affect gameplay, but when you kill someone, it no longer says "you killed so and so" or whatever... it picks a random verb from a list so that it isn't as boring.

Comment

sorry about the triple post... but I posted which mutators I've found that don't work with the Gem Feeder, and wanted to make sure you got them

Comment

I'm unfamiliar with Aerial View, but from what I know of Matrix Moves, I think I can see where it would come in conflict. Gem Feeder utilizes a custom PlayerController and PlayerReplicationInfo class in order to implement some features of the disarm interface. Mods and mutators that override either of these classes will not work properly with Gem Feeder. In layman's terms, if a mut makes obvious changes to core aspects of how a player is handled in the game (for example, allowing additional moves such as wall-running) it probably won't work with GF, for now.

I'll probably implement some code in v1.2 that will check if a mutator should be allowed. But, I want to try and keep things as open as possible as far as what you can plug in to the game. (After all, Matrix Moves has no issues with CTF, for example). I'll look into this and try to come up with a viable solution for all.

For the time being, um... sorry that some combos don't work out. :/

That is all.

Comment

I understand why they don't work together I'm a coder for Half-Life...

I'm gonna miss Aerial View and Apoc's Matrix moves... but your mod is probably the best UT gametype I've ever played.

I love how a few of the maps have places you can jump into and kill yourself... you can run into the enemy base, put down a bomb, snatch a gem, and jump into a pit / shred yourself...

And then their base blows up, AND the gem gets reset

Comment

I understand why they don't work together I'm a coder for Half-Life...

I'm gonna miss Aerial View and Apoc's Matrix moves... but your mod is probably the best UT gametype I've ever played.

I love how a few of the maps have places you can jump into and kill yourself... you can run into the enemy base, put down a bomb, snatch a gem, and jump into a pit / shred yourself...

And then their base blows up, AND the gem gets reset
                      LOL, you are devious! (But then, that's what this game is all about).

Also, do you (or anyone) have up-to-date links to the Aerial View and Apoc's Matrix Moves mutator sites/downloads? I'd like to give those a look; it would really help me isolate the specifics of their incompatibility with GF, and that would help me in the long run in coding the mutator rules. And finally, were you getting the disarm interface bug with either mutator, or only with *both* active at once?

Thanks again for the compliments. It's what we live for!

That is all.

Comment

With either. Or both.

I wasn't using quite the most up to date Apoc's moves, but a beta version. I don't know if it'd be the same with the latest.

getting links...

Aerial View:
                        http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...ht=aerial+view
                        and
                        http://www.cheese83.freeserve.co.uk/...aerialview.htm

Apoc's Matrix Moves
                        http://www.planetunreal.com/proleague/thematrix.html its at the bottom. it is NOT monkey matrix moves. That one has modified guns and probably would not be compatible anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X