• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gem Feeder version 1.1 Update

Name: Gem Feeder
    Version: 1.1
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Download: http://www.third-helix.com/mods/ut20...r_v11patch.zip

I just pushed the Gem Feeder version 1.1 update today. It comes with a host of new features for the gametype, including:

- A HUD interface for disarming Altar Bombs
    - Gems can be now be shattered if they take too much damage
    - Bots now use Link Drawing, Link Stealing, and the Gem Launcher
    - Fixed some bugs and updated two release maps

For more information about Gem Feeder: http://www.third-helix.com
    Direct download: http://www.third-helix.com/mods/ut20...r_v11patch.zip

That is all.

For those of us that haven't used this before, can you make a full 1.1 zip instead of having to download 2 files?

Just curious :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by CaNNoN
      For those of us that haven't used this before, can you make a full 1.1 zip instead of having to download 2 files?

Just curious :bulb:
      There will be a full 1.1 install available in a day or two. I have to upload this stuff on my 56k under suboptimal conditions, or else I would've just thrown it up initially.

That is all.

Comment

Oh this is that sweet looking mod with the clone embrios. Only thing that is keeping me from DL'ing is that you only have one map as far as i know. if there were 3-4 I would d'l it, cuz there would be a greater chance to find a server hosing it then .

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPhoenix
          Oh this is that sweet looking mod with the clone embrios. Only thing that is keeping me from DL'ing is that you only have one map as far as i know. if there were 3-4 I would d'l it, cuz there would be a greater chance to find a server hosing it then .
          No, you're thinking of Clone Bandits, which I just happened to feature on our news page the other day because I found it so **** cool. If you've got a few friends to play it with, or you're willing to play with bots (they're not bad) then trust me, it's worth the 51 MB download, even at one map.

Gem Feeder is quite a bit different. But, depressingly, I haven't seen any servers hosting it. More info on the game here.

That is all.

Comment

yeah just dl'ed and played it has like 5 maps currently. And its not the one I thought. I did notice two bugs, one very large imo.

One, the bots don't realize they have a bomb sitting in their base and let it explode.

Two, players can't use Adeniline combo's but bots can.

Edit: Are those maps on your site Beta's or full releases, they look awesome?

Comment

yeah just dl'ed and played it has like 5 maps currently. And its not the one I thought. I did notice two bugs, one very large imo.

One, the bots don't realize they have a bomb sitting in their base and let it explode.

Two, players can't use Adeniline combo's but bots can.

Edit: Are those maps on your site Beta's or full releases, they look awesome?
              Bots don't currently attempt to disarm A-Bombs. I haven't decided how best to go about doing that yet. There will probably be another, very small update sometime soon addressing this. As for adrenaline, I haven't noticed this problem on my machine. I'll have to check it out. Is this happening always? Does it happen in other gametypes, Epic or custom?

I assume the maps you speak of are the ones in the UT2003 and UT2004 maps sections, unassociated with Gem Feeder. They're all final releases. In UT2004, the best are DM-1on1-Trickster, DM-Forbidden2, and CTF-Elesel2 (this last is the most popular of all my maps at LANs). In UT2003, DM-Epsilon is one of my personal favorites, but it currently doesn't work quite right in UT2004, and I haven't gotten around to porting it yet.

That is all.

Comment

I'll have to DL those maps then, thx ... as for the problem, it happend a few times, saw my bots with speed and health, but I couldn't get either. Think this happend with one other custom mod/mut. I'll have to dubble check make sure it wasn't bombing spree. If it is it might be an incompatability with BR mods.

Comment

Found another huge bug. When playing Gem feeder I can only play as the defalt skin, and the defalt vocie and voice menu are gone. I played several other mods to make sure it wasn't happening on all game types, and they were all fine. Also, the bombing spree didn't have the adreneline bug, so the BR theory is out the window.

Would have just edited the abouv, but I wanted to make sure you knew there was a new massage

Comment

Found another huge bug...
                    Well ****. It looks like I kinda dropped the ball on this patch. I found the problem: I was simply extending the wrong PlayerController class, so it took all of two seconds to fix. I uploaded a "mini-patch" to address these issues:

- Players cannot use adrenaline combos
                    - Forced to use default skin/voice
                    - Voice menu doesn't appear

Just apply the fix on top of your 1.1 patch. It's available here:

http://www.third-helix.com/mods/ut20...11patchfix.zip

Thanks, NeoPhoenix, for finding those bugs. My own testers/teammates were apparently too lazy to actually *play* the game. :bulb:

For those of you who haven't yet downloaded the 1.1 patch, I'm replacing the patch archive with an updated version reflecting the above changes, so you won't need the patch fix. The patch itself will not be available for another hour or so (56k, remember?) but I'll post a news update at http://www.third-helix.com as soon as its ready, so keep an eye on that.

Additionally, a complete 1.1 installation will probably be available later tonight.

That is all.

Comment

The patch seemed to fix those bugs, thx . I assume u made it so there is no telli right? If you ever update again, could you add those directional dots up by the team symbols that they use for CTF and BR?

Comment

The patch seemed to fix those bugs, thx . I assume u made it so there is no telli right? If you ever update again, could you add those directional dots up by the team symbols that they use for CTF and BR?
                        I assume by "telli" you mean the translocator. It's disabled by default, but you can enable it with "Allow Translocator" in the Rules section on the Game Rules tab. You may have to scroll down past the Gem Feeder settings to find it. Of course, using the transloc while carrying a gem causes you to drop the gem.

The radar dots will most likely be a feature of v1.2.

That is all.

Comment

Is there already a full version available 1.1 ? so i don't have to install, 1.0 and 1.1 patch ?

Comment

Originally posted by CBA`ken
                            Is there already a full version available 1.1 ? so i don't have to install, 1.0 and 1.1 patch ?
                            Absolutely! I got it uploaded earlier today. For the benefit of all, here are the essential links:

For clients who have never installed any version:
                            Gem Feeder v1.1 Complete Install (ZIP, 27.8 MB)

For clients currently running version 1.0:
                            Gem Feeder v1.1 Patch (ZIP, 10.5 MB)

Enjoy!

That is all.

Comment

thnx

Comment

Working...
                              X