Rar
    UT 2004 HQ
    Map Raider
    Unreal Nucleus
    Zip
    NaliCity
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT2k4
    Description: Through the mountainous landscape and bitter cold everyone hides to hibernate for the winter. Streets are empty and cathedral on the hill becomes vacant. Silence hits until I start to hear voices in my head. The voices of the dead, the voices driving me mad.
    Comments: Large size map. 12-16 Players recommended. FPS drops in a few busy spots unfortunatly. Specifically in the village area. Optimized as much as I could. But I'm done with the map. I'm really tired of reworking this, so hopefully there isn't any bugs. I had a couple of people test it for me and I got rid of all they and I could find.
    Hope you guys enjoy this map. There are alot of sniping opportunities outside, and close combat inside the cathedral. Please give constructive feedback so I can apply it to my next map. Thx.
    Credits: Thanks to Jessie "Circe" Foxworthy and Ryan "Fragmaster187" Maddi for play/beta testing it.
    Homepage: www.3dkgb.com

Screenshot:

Looks nice

Looks nice so I'm downloading it now and I will get back to you with some feedback later tonight. Thanks for another DM map. I just love DM! Peace .

Comment

Looks sweet, just wish you would have used other pitures/texture for those pix. I'll dl, and give you more feed back tonight or tomorrow. :up:

Comment

sweet

nice map :heart:

Comment

:up: Nice map kgb!

Here is another Mirror for you.

Comment

Yet another EXCELLENT DM map!!

Hot ****!!! This is a fun map and it plays well on my rig!!! I liked just about everything about this map ... I played on Masterful against 12 bots and the fps count still remained high and I never noticed any lag. This is a first for me when dealing with a DM map of this scale and with lots of custom stuff in it!

I especially like the main hall on the inside and the paintings of the Cybernetics on the wall. The texturing job done there is amazing. I really feel that this map is pretty darn close to retail quality. I also like the jump pad on the top of the one hill that quickly gets you over to the entrance (what's cool is that you have to make a pretty perfect jump) ... it kinda tests your air manuevering skill. The opposite one gives you plenty of room for error. Nice contrast ... it makes you really think during the match.

There wre only four things I could think of that you may want to address:

1) The shadow on the frozen lake ... it's only on the lake and doesn't look quite right. I can see what you were trying to do and I applaud the effort but it just doesn't feel right. As soon as I step a little bit off the ice there is NO shadow ... get back on the ice and there is a HUGE shadow (is this supposed to be the effect of the high Moutains blocking the sun?)

2) Maybe you could add a tiny light to the two super dark corridors at the very back (or right side) of the structure. At first I didn't even know I could through that first one because it just looked like a black hole ... (maybe just one torch in each corridor would help ... imo)

3) The skybox is excellent ... the only thing I did notice was that the gap inbetween the two high mountain peaks off in the distance. This in the only place where I can actually see the box on the whole map. Perhaps you can add another mountain peak in the middle to hide this.

4) Maybe just a little bit more detail on the outside face of the structure ... more color perhaps? This is VERY minor but I just wanted to make sure I noted it.

Now all these are all minor things to me personally. I love DM maps and this one is a keeper. As is I think this is solid 8. The gameplay, bot AI/pathing, fps, flow (no dead ends I can see) are all top notch and the map is really nice looking on top. Keep up the good work!

Comment

NeoPhoenix: yeah, at first I wanted to put up some real, old paintings but I wanted somehow make the map related to Unreal Universe so I decided on the characters.

buffytheslayer: thx

ProphecyUC: thank you Prophecy for the mirror. I added to the thread and will add it later to my site. thx again.

AnubanUT2: thank you Anaban for those kind words. I had some shadow problems in other spots. I fixed those but I missed that one. The two hallways being black, thats the hard part, on my pc i have gamma up in the way where you could see some light in the hallway, I put couple of lights in there but I guess that wasn't enough . Thanks again for constructive feedback Anaban. I'm happy that you enjoyed the map.

Comment

Just keep giving us more

Originally posted by kgb
                AnubanUT2: thank you Anaban for those kind words. I had some shadow problems in other spots. I fixed those but I missed that one. The two hallways being black, thats the hard part, on my pc i have gamma up in the way where you could see some light in the hallway, I put couple of lights in there but I guess that wasn't enough . Thanks again for constructive feedback Anaban. I'm happy that you enjoyed the map.
                I thoroughly enjoyed it and I DEMAND more !!!! I wasn't trying to get to picky ... it's so close to my idea map I just wanted to point out where it could be improved (albeit they would only be slight improvements because there's just so little that you need to improve). Anyway I hope I helped. You should see what Pwnage thinks ... I think it owns personally. Pwnage is just picking up where CliffyB left off, check out the site ... http://sparky.beyondunreal.com/pwnage/
                Peace.

Comment

gj. 2 thumbs up :up: :up:

Comment

ZIP pretty please.:weird:

Comment

looks good...pic 3 and 4 look real good..

Comment

thx guys.

INSTAGIBBLER - I added the zip version, its the nalicity link.
                        Enjoy.

Let me know what you guys thought, and where to improve.

Comment

Working...
                        X