CTF-Grende][Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GinZzA
    Allthough it's useless working on bot and music stuff: skilled ctf players have music off and never play bots cause they are so useless. I can't get how so many people talk about bot paths. Sounds to me like they don't play the game enough.
    Maybe you should wake up and see how the real world works. There are a lot of people who like to play offline matches against bots (most likely to avoid running into people like you ) hehe... And music is just as important.

Comment

I download every map here hoping to find a map that is good enough for online playing.

It's ok to help you guys with your needs, but the think is you ain't the ppl that's gonna play a map most. If you make a map like ctf-grendelkeep then you'll be sure you have made map that's gonna be played over 500 times by online players.
      Now you hardly have any offline players that will do this. They just play the game a couple of times, get boored and to scared to play online and then they move on to new games: multigamers. No problem, but those ain't the people that keep a game online. Those are the hardcore players investing a lot of time in a game. Sure you'll have noob servers runing with maps that are fine for them, but when they get a little better they will see that those maps are most likely not well balanced and they will wanna go move on to clanning maps. There you have the sucky think: there just ain't many ut2k4 clanning maps yet. We only have 3/4 good onces and that's about it. UT99 has like 8/10 now and then you have good variation. Anyways, those maps will be played so much more then n00b maps. Not only are they played on publics, but they are also played in clanwars which are hidden. So it would be really nice if we'd have some new great balanced maps. Fine if u add music and bots, I'm just saying don't care about it that much, go make the maps very well balanced and then you can go think about add ons like music, bots and thinks like that.

Comment

go make the maps very well balanced and then you can go think about add ons like music, bots and thinks like that.
        Never said map flow and playability wasn't very important. Just saying that it is important also to add bot pathing and music, not to mention good weapon placement. A mapper should think of all types of game play, and all types of players, and try to make a map that will intrest as many players as possible.

I like insta Gib low gravity too, but if a map cant double as a regular map too, theres no point in having it wast space on my HD, and I'll just DL it off a server to my cach IF they have it.

Comment

I'm dutch and dutch politics is all about comprimises: so yeah don't forget the lower skilled, but first think of ur primair public (or maybe this website should requist mapmakers to also determain their premair public. I realy hope this map ain't gonna be an insta map, cause I put time in those ss's + comments and I hope that wasn't for nothink.

Comment

I'm dutch and dutch politics is all about comprimises
            No politics is all about promising stuff before the elections and then do the opposite when chosen

Originally posted by GinZzA so yeah don't forget the lower skilled, but first think of ur primair public (or maybe this website should requist mapmakers to also determain their premair public.
            Get off your high horse please... obviously you consider yourself some kind of uber-l33t pro ut player. That's fine - and to be 1 step ahead of you: yes you probably will have no problem beating me - but please, you need a change in attitude there.

I realy hope this map ain't gonna be an insta map, cause I put time in those ss's + comments and I hope that wasn't for nothink.
            Oh woopdeedoo, should we kiss your feet and polish your shoes now? I mean you did take all that time to make a few screenies and come in here with your "okay you better listen to me because im l33t and the rest in here are just noobs that shouldn't be listened to" attitude.

psssst.. some people play games for fun

[/end rant]

Sorry for all this folks, just had to do it Move along now, nothing to see here

Comment

Ok, enough is enough, here goes it around my Map, not around the respective opinion, how who where plays. If someone has still opinions to my Map, then with it .

Thx

Comment

Imo fack off n00b, the only think you've been doing is comment my opinion and not help improving this map one bit. I said I was willing to make a comprimise and yes, you need to know where you are standing. Fun players don't play a game as much as clanning people do. I don't give a ***** about who's better here, but people who have been putting tons of hours in this game and community do know a little better what's about a game and it's people.

So imo just come back when you've got smt to say.

p.s.

I don't put work into a map to hear that it's gonna be a insta map afterwords. It's not like I made my comment in 5 mins, but I bet u were so smart to think that it did take me like 5 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPhoenix
                  If you can actually beat a team of bots on adept or higher, you will own in multi player mode.
                  :bulb: :haha:

Comment

:up::
                    • Nice rundown atmosphere.
                    • Cool skeleton display.
                    Subject to improvement:
                    • Architecture is very blocky. Hallways are all cookie cutter square. Good for UT99, but I've come to expect more of UT2004.
                    • There are dead ends. I suggest either placing something worthwhile there or closing them off with more skeleton displays.
                    • The 100a and keg are almost right beside each other, and the 50a is pretty close by too. The person to grab one has good odds getting the others as well.
                    • Corridors are long, with only one option to "change lanes". That option is in the center, which probably makes it more dangerous than sticking with the chosen path. I suggest either shortening the corridors or adding some more holes in walls and/or floors.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                      Hallways are all cookie cutter square. Good for UT99
                      Not really.

Comment

Ok the 100 Health and the 100 Shield are replaced in the left and Right Corridors :up:

Comment

Thanks for the many views and the many Downloads. My transfer Volume from my Webspace (only Map): 512,92 MB :up:

Thx too all and the Next Map is comming.

Comment

Don't forget to fix those textures I've mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                            X