• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uneven Teams mutator [More Features][04]

Name: Uneven Teams Mutator
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Homepage and Download: http://games.discoverthat.co.uk/

Description:
    This mutator lets you give different teams an extra starting weapons. For example the Blue team could start with the Link Gun and the Red team could start with the Flak Cannon.

You can also increase the number of Bots you are playing against in a 'Players vs Bots' match.
    'Players vs Bots' is the Coop game mode added in UT2004 Hosted Games. ('Host Game' menu, 'Games Rules' tab, 'Bot Mode') Remember to select a Team Game, like Team Deathmatch or Onslaught.
    Normally they give even team sizes, but with this mutator you can unbalance the teams by entering a ratio of Bots to Players.
    In addition, you can set a different number of lives for the Bots to the Players.

Its fun to have a lot of Bots with say 3 lives each against a few players with unlimited lives.

Features:
    • Red team, Blue Team, Players and Bots can start with Extra weapons.
    • Players can even be give a choice of which weapon they want every time they spawn.
    • Add extra Bots in 'Players vs Bot' matches
    • Different number of lives for Bots and Players

I still don't understand how to work it originally... Hmmm

So if you enter 3 bots to one player, which team will the bots go on?

Comment

I have a request... would you be able to set up the mutator to work like the Bot Config screen and override it? Like you can already pick which bots are on what team. If you could do that, plus have the functionality of the mutator here that'd be great. It's too confusing with this "1.5 = 3 bots for 2 players" stuff.

Just lemme pick what bots go on what team without me having to screw around with the bot config all the time, cause sometimes I do bots vs me, then I play regular team games, then none, etc. and messing around with that menu is a pain all the time. If you can do that, that'd be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Meroin
        I still don't understand how to work it originally... Hmmm

So if you enter 3 bots to one player, which team will the bots go on?
        The Bot ratio is only for 'Players vs Bot' games, so the extra Bots are always on the Bot team. All Players are on the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemephosis
          It's too confusing with this "1.5 = 3 bots for 2 players" stuff.
          I agree, but that it the way it is programmed within UT2004. I could not find a reliable way to do it differently. All the mutator does is let you change one of the variables already built in to the game, but that does not already have a menu to change it.

Originally posted by Nemephosis
          Just lemme pick what bots go on what team
          That is my eventual aim. The GUI for that is complicated and very time consuming. I was hoping that WOTgreal will have come up with their GUI configuration programme before I get round to doing that one.

The plan is to be able to create teams of bots and save them to an ini file, so you can quickly reuse that pre-defined team in any game.

Don't hold your breath though, it will probably be months before I even start it.

Regards

Comment

Working...
          X