• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Xiker911
    Hoe about an AS-Apocalypse?
    THAT IS MY IDEA

Seriously though, I'd really like to do something with that name somday. I was thinking of this massive gothic castle you had to assault.

But anyway, the ONS map on hand is very nice, I had some fun playing it. The theming is very good, the skybox added a nice touch, although I would like it better if it were more dynamic, perhaps some rocks floating off from the crust would have done the trick. But whatever, it's a very minimal part of the map, yet it adds to the mood really well; the earth hanging ominously in the sky, with half of it gone. Nice map, I'll have to play it again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome! A really big thumbs up from me - Excellent work :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you don't like our home do you.:cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i don't know if i will make an assault version - i already have a different assault project planned. probably could use the same content in this map to make an assault map quickly, but i dont know if that will happen. i'm too busy as it is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Keep earth from getting blown in half .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hoe about an AS-Apocalypse? That'd be cool... I wonder what the missions would be...?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by vitruvius

X
    / \
    X X
    / \/ \
    X X X
    \ /\ /
    X X
    \ /
    X
    Now that looks like an excellent link setup to me. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I finally got around to playing this map, and it's frigin beautiful. By far the best UT user made map of all time. I'm not a big ONS fan, but I had a blast on this map, and the visuals are absolutely beautiful. I was able to put everything to the very highest in the detail section, and still not drop below 30 FPS any where on the map. I have Never been able to do that with any maps before, except maybe stock maps. And the music was perfect, fit the map like a glove. I really hope you keep mapping for use because your work is amazing. couldn't convince you to make a couple of CTF maps could I?

Again, excellent work.

NP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    working with 7 nodes is a pain... 7 nodes isn't really necessary for any ONS map, but i obviously was focusing on the theme here. your 'arrowhead' link set up could be better since it restricts the levi some, but then you would need to cap 5 nodes before you could attack the power cores. my original core setup was like so (without levi, forgive the missing spaces):

X
    / \
    X X
    / \/ \
    X X X
    \ /\ /
    X X
    \ /
    X

i was going to move each entire base a lot closer to the first node too (up into the central path), but i didnt have time (nor do i have time now). the outer 'side' routes of the terrain could have just been removed also since they ended up being pointless. oh well.

if i ever make another ONS map, it'll be fully geared for gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Phreaque
    I love the four horsemen! Metallica fan?
    The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse were around way before Metalllica wrote a song about them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The node link setup does not do justice to the possibilities the terrain offers. Whoever comes out on top at node 2 gets to take Teh Levi to the other team's first node and cut them off of the entire map. That pretty much guarantees victory, so there's no real need to bother with the whole right side of the map. A Dawn-like setup that allows for two paths would have made better use of the whole map. Although server admins can change these setups themselves, 95% of them never looks beyond the default.
    Xyx
    Took what you said to heart, now have questions.
    So anybody
    should I paste to ut ed to run on server?
    And I’m using redirect will this affect the results?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great map, I especially like playing Onslaught + Invasion Everywhere on this map, suits it great with the flying warlords and other monsters

My only small complaint is that when trying to defend certain nodes, I felt like I wasn't able to find enough decent weapons (eg. flak, shock, minigun, rocket launcher) at the weapon bases.
    A few times I seemed to be stuck with just the bio, grenade, mine and link weapons which aren't really any good for shooting lots of enemies or vehicles at a distance as they come towards a node.

Anyway, this is a really good map with an interesting theme, nice work :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love the four horsemen! Metallica fan?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Me likes it

Me put on server.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice map. :up:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X