ONS-Apocalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phreaque
    I love the four horsemen! Metallica fan?
    The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse were around way before Metalllica wrote a song about them.

Comment

working with 7 nodes is a pain... 7 nodes isn't really necessary for any ONS map, but i obviously was focusing on the theme here. your 'arrowhead' link set up could be better since it restricts the levi some, but then you would need to cap 5 nodes before you could attack the power cores. my original core setup was like so (without levi, forgive the missing spaces):

X
      / \
      X X
      / \/ \
      X X X
      \ /\ /
      X X
      \ /
      X

i was going to move each entire base a lot closer to the first node too (up into the central path), but i didnt have time (nor do i have time now). the outer 'side' routes of the terrain could have just been removed also since they ended up being pointless. oh well.

if i ever make another ONS map, it'll be fully geared for gameplay.

Comment

I finally got around to playing this map, and it's frigin beautiful. By far the best UT user made map of all time. I'm not a big ONS fan, but I had a blast on this map, and the visuals are absolutely beautiful. I was able to put everything to the very highest in the detail section, and still not drop below 30 FPS any where on the map. I have Never been able to do that with any maps before, except maybe stock maps. And the music was perfect, fit the map like a glove. I really hope you keep mapping for use because your work is amazing. couldn't convince you to make a couple of CTF maps could I?

Again, excellent work.

NP

Comment

Originally posted by vitruvius

X
          / \
          X X
          / \/ \
          X X X
          \ /\ /
          X X
          \ /
          X
          Now that looks like an excellent link setup to me. :up:

Comment

Hoe about an AS-Apocalypse? That'd be cool... I wonder what the missions would be...?

Comment

Keep earth from getting blown in half .

Comment

i don't know if i will make an assault version - i already have a different assault project planned. probably could use the same content in this map to make an assault map quickly, but i dont know if that will happen. i'm too busy as it is.

Comment

you don't like our home do you.:cry:

Comment

Awesome! A really big thumbs up from me - Excellent work :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Xiker911
                      Hoe about an AS-Apocalypse?
                      THAT IS MY IDEA

Seriously though, I'd really like to do something with that name somday. I was thinking of this massive gothic castle you had to assault.

But anyway, the ONS map on hand is very nice, I had some fun playing it. The theming is very good, the skybox added a nice touch, although I would like it better if it were more dynamic, perhaps some rocks floating off from the crust would have done the trick. But whatever, it's a very minimal part of the map, yet it adds to the mood really well; the earth hanging ominously in the sky, with half of it gone. Nice map, I'll have to play it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X