• Time
  • Show
Clear All

AS-UnknownCube

Name: Unknown Cube
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT 2004
    Description: very experimental, very unreal and a lot of dogfithts
    Comments: This map is a mix made of racing, flying and assault objectives. I tried to limit the unlimited flying around in AS-Mothership a bit by enclosing the Raptors and Spacefighter in a cubic tube construction. But the enough said, play it and you'll see.
    Screenshot: http://www.roy-net.de/utmapshots/AS-UnknownCube.jpg
    Download: http://www.roy-net.de/utmaps/AS-UnknownCube.zip

Hey

Hey. Ummmmm, the bots, do nothing, at all. They get in raptors, but don't do anything. Ok?

Great Idea, and Well done though.

Harsh

Comment

love this map(die bots die!) I run the beta on my server at the moment. So whats diffrent from the last beta to the final version?

Comment

That's correct, the bots do nothing cause there is no bot support implemented in this map. It's only meant for online gaming. These type of maps play a lot better when they are filled up only with human players.

Comment

Sorry, but I want to see some bot support on the maps I download.

Comment

Nah, bots are to predictable. Awesome map, and you did a good thing with the no bot support.

Comment

Well, usually I do implement bot support in my maps. But this time it was way to difficult for me. All the necessary path nodes are set, but the bots still do nothing. I couldn't solve that problem and all the mappers I ask also had no solution for that prob. It's weird, really everything is in place but the bots still refuse to 'go to work'. On the Attacker's side they jump into the Raptors, but that's all. On the Defender's side they are even to lazy to do that.

So at the end this map is a multiplayer only. Sorry folks. :cry:

Comment

Pretty.

Comment

Well, usually I do implement bot support in my maps.
                  Right, like how many other UT2004 assault maps you made with AI support?

It can be done and if you look in the tools/ review paths of your map you will see where all the red flags and yellow flags are and you can fix them, then the bots will work! Or at least you will have tried.

Part of the problem is the way you have constucted your map makes it allmost impossible to path it now but it still can be done.

I think that being able to get the AI to work is what seperates a good build from a bad build and with vehicles and AS it makes it even more of a challange.

See the way your map is now you did not allow for the use of driving vehicles and road paths or walking/running and regular paths. So in that case the only way to get around is to use the flying vehicles but that does not mean you cant still use road path nodes and more regular path nodes to link it all up.

All it takes is one objective which is not reachable from a node or other objective or nav point to screw the AI up!

Anyway I admire your courage to say "it was too difficult for me" and I believe you when you say you tried because I looked at your map in the editor and it looks pretty good with alot of nice mylevel statics/ movers with collisions set proper and several other interesting things.

Its a good map but it would be better to have the AI functioning.

So maybe on your next Assault map you will remember not to box yourself into a corner because I think you can do a good AS with AI working

Or you could even try to fix this one but you probably want to move on to a new and I dont blame you! Start a fresh one and keep the AI part at the top of the list this time! I think AS-junkyard has some interesting bot/vehicle stuff going on.

Good luck

And you got alot of ASVehicleFactories I think you could allmost cut that in half from 40+ to maybe 20 total.

Comment

<Right, like how many other UT2004 assault maps you made with AI support?>

None. My other maps are DM without vehicles. For example, DM-UnknownSpace is one of those. And it's a lot easier to support bots when u only need 'normal path nodes'. ATM, I'm working on my first map again. I want to change it's mode from DM to ONS and I hope I can learn more about bots and vehicles with this map. After that I'll go back to this one and try to improve it. I don't want to give up all the work and time that I've put into this baby.

Comment

Yes well I wish you luck and remember to use the view paths option and that can be done by right clicking in an empty dark gray area of the ed and to view and show paths. And also use the tools/ review paths to fix things as you go so it dont pile up!

Also I will quote Jafo the bot manager king,
                      "remember bots have feelings too"

Comment

Ok, I'll give the map a shot. Sorry if I was a little critical.

Comment

Hey, it's cool to get some crits. No criticism no improvement.

And for me it's very important to know what the community wants, cause I don't create maps for myself. I try to make good maps for all the people out there who love to play UT. OK, I'm not a good mapper. But I've just started mapping 2 month ago and I need some more time to get better. And who knows, maybe you will see some really good ones from me in the future.

Comment

:sulk: :weird: its stupid

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFrost
                              Nah, bots are to predictable. Awesome map, and you did a good thing with the no bot support.
                              OMG I hate you:down:

Comment

Working...
                              X