• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AlienSwarm Newbies Guide

Name: A Guide to AlienSwarm
    Version: 1.1 Final
    Compatibility: PDF / HTML Version Coming Soon
    Description: This is a newbies guide to the Mod: AlienSwarm and I liked it so much but saw many people not getting the point of the mod so I decided to write a guide for it.

Comments: This is finally the completed version, blessed by Developers and stuff fixed. Im working on a Walkthrough ATM

Credits: Me, XyZeR (For the Guide Graphic), Fwee, Cozm0, #swarm.pickup, #alienswarm, Dalai and the AS team and Eddz (For the Watermark)

Homepage: www.darkus.xyzhq.com
    Download: Click here for the Guide

On a Side note, if you wish to have a newbies guide for your own mod, mutator ot whatnot, then PM me or mail me a line and Ill be in touch.

very nice, 30 pages of reading goodness including screenshots, I've skimmed it so far, first impression is a good one, how long did it take to make this?

Excellent documentation work.

Comment

Around a day total! Was fun making it! Thanks

Comment

nice work :up:

Comment

Re: AlienSwarm Newbies Guide

Originally posted by Darkus
          Name: A Guide to AlienSwarm
          Version: 1.1 Final
          Compatibility: PDF / HTML Version Coming Soon
          Description: This is a newbies guide to the Mod: AlienSwarm and I liked it so much but saw many people not getting the point of the mod so I decided to write a guide for it.

Comments: This is finally the completed version, blessed by Developers and stuff fixed. Im working on a Walkthrough ATM

Credits: Me, XyZeR, Fwee, Cozm0, #swarm.pickup, Dalai and the AS team and Eddz
          Homepage: Coming Soon: www.darkus.xyzhq.com
          Download: Click here for the Guide

On a Side note, if you wish to have a newbies guide for your own mod, mutator ot whatnot, then PM me or mail me a line and Ill be in touch.
          I have a problem with the mod Ive downloaded fine and everything but when I went to install it after I read the readme, the file I was suppose to double click on to install it opened with Notepad. Ive downloaded some programs that were suppose to automatically install it after selected the file and choosing a destination.... Didnt work :cry: Any ideas on what Im suppose to change to make my comp stop opening the install file with Notepad?? Im lost :noob:

Comment

Re: Re: AlienSwarm Newbies Guide

Originally posted by BelieveItButter
            I have a problem with the mod Ive downloaded fine and everything but when I went to install it after I read the readme, the file I was suppose to double click on to install it opened with Notepad. Ive downloaded some programs that were suppose to automatically install it after selected the file and choosing a destination.... Didnt work :cry: Any ideas on what Im suppose to change to make my comp stop opening the install file with Notepad?? Im lost :noob:
            Right what you need to do is hold SHIFT and right click the file, then choose 'OPEN WITH' and open it with the Setup file which is located in the systems dir of UT2k4. Just check the 'Always use this File to Open' box and your all set

Comment

woah a mod with a seperate guide... perfect!! downloading both:heart:

hm whats this? the flashlight isnt a dynamic lightsource??????

Comment

Ahh, about time it started working. Thx for the help :up:

Comment

Originally posted by carmatic
                  woah a mod with a seperate guide... perfect!! downloading both:heart:

hm whats this? the flashlight isnt a dynamic lightsource??????
                  Yup it isent, it was even confirmed by the devs that it wasent!

and BelieveitButter, No Problem, glad to help! :up:

Comment

excellent guide for an excellent mod

Comment

Thank you! I hope to make more soon!

Comment

Working...
                      X