• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ModelViewer2K4

Name: ModelVIewer2K4
    Version: 101 (first release)
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Description: ModelViewer2K4 is a utility mod designed to make viewing, evaluation, and fine-tuning of custom character models more versatile. It gives UT2004 content creators a wide variety of viewpoint controls (pan, tilt, dolly, zoom, and flying camera), as well as controls for viewing rag-doll deaths and animation sequences, so that custom character models can be more thoroughly examined "in-game."
    Comments: MSUC PhIII entry -- Tools.
    Screenshot: Using stock Epic models:

Credits: Slyrr (modeler extraordinaire) provided some very valuable comments and feature requests that kept me up way past my bedtime getting them to work before June 6. I thank him anyway Many other modders & coders helped by providing directions when i was lost in the Unreal Script wilderness.
    Homepage: http://home.metrocast.net/~chipartist/pizza50/
    Download: http://www.metrocast.net/~chipartist...ViewerWeb.html

ive been thinking of starting to play with modeling, so this is a definate download. It looks awesome.

Comment

Looks really useful. :up:
      (however i probably won't use it, since i don't model)

Comment

great

Comment

Think this is also very usefull for weapondesigners to tweak the 3rd person attachments.
          Great tool !:up:

Comment

Gees you have been busy huh? Awesome work, can't wait to try this one out too!

Comment

when i install it, it says the MVintro.UT2 or something like that is missing, even when i have the MVintro.ut2 in the modelviewer maps folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorch
                when i install it, it says the MVintro.UT2 or something like that is missing, even when i have the MVintro.ut2 in the modelviewer maps folder.
                which installation are you using, UMOD or ZIP? i've checked the download files & MVIntro.ut2 should be present in both, so it shouldn't be an issue on installation. i'll check the actual download files for integirty also, though i haven't heard any reports of this before.

do you mean that the message occurs when trying to launch the mod? if you can pin down the circumstances & email me with them (my addy's in the help doc), it would help in tryng to troubleshoot the prob. thanks.

EDIT: i just noticed something -- make sure the mod directory is named ModelViewerUT2004, not just ModelViewer. if you used the zip distribution & changed the name in the wizard, that may be the prob.

EDIT2: i just ran an install test from both downloads, UMOD & Zip, and both worked fine when the installation instructions are followed.

Comment

a note about problems with "can't find MV_Intro.ut2" and possible similar problems after installing and launching the mod. due to changes since first release of UT2004 in the way the new Unreal mod architecture writes the .ini files for mods, you must install the latest UT2004 patch for ModelViewer2K4 to work properly without a lot of .ini file editing (not recommended). so, if you're having the problem Scorch reported (another user had it also & that revealed the true source of the prob), just patch up to 3236 and things should be A-OK after uninstalling & reinstalling the ModelViewer2K4 mod.

Comment

Working...
                  X