No announcement yet.

DM-Desert_Complex[Pics][Final][04]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey frogger. Im glad that you have my map up on your server, but Im wondering if you could help me with a question:

I am wondering where I need to go or how to go about getting my map up on many servers.

Do you have any suggestions as to where I could go or who to talk to.

Barfwagon

Comment

the best way is to submit it to the map sites..this is where admins usually get thier maps from...and of course this forum.. here are a few to upload to...really only way i know of to get the word out..

www.unrealplayground.com
      www.mapraider.com
      www.nalicity.com
      www.fasterfiles.com

Comment

Cool sounds good. Ill do it.

BTW, I loaded up your server and have a pretty good ping so maybe Ill catch you on there sometime.

Barfwagon

Comment

Originally posted by barfwagon
          Cool sounds good. Ill do it.

BTW, I loaded up your server and have a pretty good ping so maybe Ill catch you on there sometime.

Barfwagon

i'll look for you..:up:

Comment

Thanks, everyone for the great feedback. Im glad to see that several people have checked it out and think its a fun map. I enjoy playing it and hoped others would too.

Again, thanks for all of the feedback, and I should have another map cranked out after not too long.

Barfwagon

Comment

I have had my map up at mapraider for several days and was wondering what I need to do to get it rated. I have looked in the FAQ and it erally doesnt help, also I have seen other maps in there that have been downloaded much less than mine, yet they have ratings.

So Im kinda dumbfounded,

Can anyone help me out on this?

Barfwagon

Comment

after someone downloads the map they are given a prompt to rate it...i always rate everything i download from there..but it takes a few days for the ratings to get approved and moderated..

Comment

the skybox could be better mate, maybe the one from BR-Bifields will look better?

Seems its in a desert should you have worked on the terrrain more? its looking very flat and doesn't have much light on it.

in the 1st screen those meshs around the top look too stretched and your walls look blank at the top.

MsM

Comment

Thanks frogger for the heads up. I was wondering how that all worked. I checked the FAQ at mapraider and it was kinda confusing to me. That helps a bunch.

As for the other comments. We tried to make a simple skybox that sets a mood. Too much stuff going on would have cluttered up the skybox. Still it could use some more work. It was the first skybox that ryan our texture guy has done.

The terrain is very dark on purpose. Since it is so dark outside I wanted to just give the sillohuette of the dunes rather than make them very detailed. This was more of a personal preference. Had I wanted the terrain to be more visible I would have done much more detail on it.

The stock skybox you are talking about is indeed a nice one, but for this map we wanted to create everything from scratch.

Thanks for all of the feedback. It will be invaluable in my next map endeavor.

Barfwagon

Comment

Working...
                    X