No announcement yet.

DM-colloseum (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, its probably better than my DM-Colosseum (but then mine was done as a personal project after seeing the UT version). Very different, but I like wide open spaces myself (perhaps its time for an update).

Comment

Hehe, tried it, and it's fun with IE-Satore 1.04 V2! :up:

But you should make your lightining better.
      All lights need a source (lamp, sun, flashlight, ect...)...

Comment

Originally posted by jamie1224
        There's a reason there are no screenshots.
        Indeed.

Last time I ever download a map without screenshots.

Speedkiller, I suggest adding more detail and "realism" (yes, I know the game is called "Unreal").

Comment

Speedkiller. Just as a FYI, you've got a bit of intersecting level clipping on the second level. Its as your character turns around to look left to right (doesnt' seem to happen the other way).

As for hte map itself. Good going but not big enough. Remember just how big an actual colosseum is supposed to be.

Comment

thanks

Comment

The textures need to line up with each other. There are several sections (mainly in the hallways) where they are misaligned. The lighting really needs work. There is a hall that is completely dark and it has a turn in it. It seemed like there is either not enough spawn points or too many default bots. Everytime I respawned, I was in the middle of a gun fight. One of the ramps over the lava leading to the center sticks up too far and you have to jump to get past it.

I like the layout, but it could use more eye candy. I thought the secret area with the lifts was a nice touch. I wouldn't call this a final at all, but a decent start. Keep at it.

Comment

here's the link to his original pic

http://www.geocities.com/unreal20032004/coll.JPG

you have to COPY AND PAST it into the browser cos it's geocities and they dont like people linkin got their accounts, or so it seems.

Comment

man bro, still not seeing no screenshots. poor presentation

Comment

Ahh, yes I remember playing this map. Needs a lot of work. The area that is suppose to be lava is an empty pit with wall textures that look like gold lava, and a kill zone in the pit. The interior if I remember wasn't too bad, but it was too dark. could use some rustic looking torches to light the area. you should add some cells in the interior too. The arena area, looks very little like a coliseum. Each level should draw back some from the one below and technically be uncovered, except for maybe the top level. The architecture is all wrong too, to boxy to be Roman, needs some round pillars. Also open the roof and make a sky box. Not a surface textured with something that looks like stars either. I mean a real sky box. Just texturing a surface allows shadows to be cast upon the so called sky, making it look fake.

Comment

Working...
                    X