MapEval v2.10 - Updated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ah man, this is so cool! Will it work for mods to? ....Anyway, no more explaining to beta testers...

edit: tested it with Lawdogs mod and worked very well.......haven't done online testing yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    great idea

That is a great idea. I will use this because I do test alot of maps. Im just afraid my maps will end up in the bad map section . Just need to keep learning.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New minor version (v2.10) of MapEval released!

Changes include:

- Added ability to disable Map Screenshots in the Map Manager.
    - Added ability to disable the Countdown at the start of a game.
    - Added Auto Save option to the Map Manager.
    - Added Excluded Maplist.
    - Added Map Information dialog to the Map Manager.
    - Added Mapname of selected Map to the Map Manager.
    - Added Multiple Mutator Compatibility support.
    - Added Player Count Filter to the Map Rotation Manager.
    - Added Statistics Page showing maplist counts.
    - Improved the re-building of the Not Evaluated List.
    - Minor rewrites and bug fixes.

Note: version 2.00 achieved honourable mention in Phase 3 of Epic's Make Something Unreal Contest :up:.

Download it here .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by MasterBlaster73
    Also, I would like to see something added where the user could comment on the map size. This way I could cycle "Ownage Med. Sized Maps" or "Ownage 1 on 1 Maps", etc.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about doing it so the map size is derived from the player count embedded in the map? That way the user does not need to comment on the map size but you could still cycle through maps designed for a chosen player count range."

Yes, that would be great!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way to evaluate a map without playing it first?
    Yes - you can evaluate existing maps without playing them using the Map Manager, moving the maps from the "Not Evaluated" list to the evaluation (Ownage etc) maplists - (don't forget to save when changing lists). This can be done either within a game or from the Configure Mutators screen. Note: this can't be done for advanced evaluations as there aren't any sliders available in the Map Manager.

Also, I would like to see something added where the user could comment on the map size. This way I could cycle "Ownage Med. Sized Maps" or "Ownage 1 on 1 Maps", etc.
    How about doing it so the map size is derived from the player count embedded in the map? That way the user does not need to comment on the map size but you could still cycle through maps designed for a chosen player count range.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way to evaluate a map without playing it first?
    I would like the ability to go through the maps I know well and evaluate them. Then evaluate the new maps that I add later.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    After rebooting again I had my maps back.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx
    I used the Map Manager to rate some maps, then fiddled with the dropdown lists a bit. After that I could no longer find the maps I rated in any of the lists, left or right. I tried reproducing this, and found that if I clicked Save, everything worked fine. I didn't get the maps that vanished back, though, even after a reboot.
    Sorry, you need to save the lists, otherwise you will lose the changes when you change the dropdowns as you've just found out. In the next version this won't happen when you change the gametype and I will also put up a message where necessary to warn you when you might lose changes.

As far as the missing maps go, they will be maps that are not evaluated (as you didn't save the changes). The reason why you are not seeing them in the "Not Evaluated" list is because of the way that list is built. I build that list only if the number of maps installed has changed (you've added a map or removed a map). I do this to avoid delays when starting a game.

In the next version I will make it easier to rebuild the list (or make it an option to rebuild every time). However, in the meantime you can either add or (temporarily) remove a map to get the list to rebuild or you can change the "CacheCount" value in the file UT2004\System\MapEvalN.ini to another number (e.g. 0) to force MapEval to rebuild the list. Whichever method you choose you will need to go into the game to get MapEval to rebuild the list. You should then get your missing maps back.

Hope this helps (and it all makes sense)...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I used the Map Manager to rate some maps, then fiddled with the dropdown lists a bit. After that I could no longer find the maps I rated in any of the lists, left or right. I tried reproducing this, and found that if I clicked Save, everything worked fine. I didn't get the maps that vanished back, though, even after a reboot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll ponder on this and also read the other thread in case any ideas pop in there.
    Originally posted by Dario D.
    I dont mean to burden you with new ideas
    No problem - I am always looking for good ideas to improve MapEval .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Being me, I'd just dump the ones I dont want into BadMaps. I'd put maps that interest me in the others. On the other hand, I might get tired of the "Okay" maps later and want to scrap them... so I dunno. I guess it depends on how the interface works.

Maybe the HUD should somehow make you aware that "BadMaps" is ALSO the place to delete them. ...?

Might you peek at this? Maybe it's of interest:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...4&goto=newpost

I dont mean to burden you with new ideas; it's rather OT anyway :noob: :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would you want to delete maps from more than one category/evaluation, or would you just want to delete the "Bad Maps"?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm, could UnrealScript delete the files as soon as the game exits? (....guess not)

Maybe you could add a button to MapEval called "delete" that makes a .txt file on your desktop reminding you which maps you dont want. Each time you hit the delete button on a map, a line is added to that txt file saying "Delete ONS-Doesntwork.ut2".

well it's a thought :noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks.

Originally posted by Dario D.
    What we need is a way to DELETE maps from in-game. I'm tired of having to memorize which maps to delete once I quit.
    Unfortunately Unrealscript doesn't allow you to do that (for security reasons). However I am planning to write an external program (in VB) that allows you to do exactly that plus more, including the ability to search through the lists to ensure you don't accidently download a map twice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great work:up:

What we need is a way to DELETE maps from in-game. I'm tired of having to memorize which maps to delete once I quit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X