No announcement yet.

MapEval v2.10 - Updated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After rebooting again I had my maps back.

Comment

Is there a way to evaluate a map without playing it first?
      I would like the ability to go through the maps I know well and evaluate them. Then evaluate the new maps that I add later.

Also, I would like to see something added where the user could comment on the map size. This way I could cycle "Ownage Med. Sized Maps" or "Ownage 1 on 1 Maps", etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBlaster73
        Is there a way to evaluate a map without playing it first?
        Yes - you can evaluate existing maps without playing them using the Map Manager, moving the maps from the "Not Evaluated" list to the evaluation (Ownage etc) maplists - (don't forget to save when changing lists). This can be done either within a game or from the Configure Mutators screen. Note: this can't be done for advanced evaluations as there aren't any sliders available in the Map Manager.

Also, I would like to see something added where the user could comment on the map size. This way I could cycle "Ownage Med. Sized Maps" or "Ownage 1 on 1 Maps", etc.
        How about doing it so the map size is derived from the player count embedded in the map? That way the user does not need to comment on the map size but you could still cycle through maps designed for a chosen player count range.

Comment

"quote:
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about doing it so the map size is derived from the player count embedded in the map? That way the user does not need to comment on the map size but you could still cycle through maps designed for a chosen player count range."

Yes, that would be great!

Comment

New minor version (v2.10) of MapEval released!

Changes include:

- Added ability to disable Map Screenshots in the Map Manager.
            - Added ability to disable the Countdown at the start of a game.
            - Added Auto Save option to the Map Manager.
            - Added Excluded Maplist.
            - Added Map Information dialog to the Map Manager.
            - Added Mapname of selected Map to the Map Manager.
            - Added Multiple Mutator Compatibility support.
            - Added Player Count Filter to the Map Rotation Manager.
            - Added Statistics Page showing maplist counts.
            - Improved the re-building of the Not Evaluated List.
            - Minor rewrites and bug fixes.

Note: version 2.00 achieved honourable mention in Phase 3 of Epic's Make Something Unreal Contest :up:.

Download it here .

Comment

great idea

That is a great idea. I will use this because I do test alot of maps. Im just afraid my maps will end up in the bad map section . Just need to keep learning.

Comment

Ah man, this is so cool! Will it work for mods to? ....Anyway, no more explaining to beta testers...

edit: tested it with Lawdogs mod and worked very well.......haven't done online testing yet.

Comment

Working...
                X