• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MapEval v2.10 - Updated!

Name: MapEval
    Version: Version 2.10 - Final
    Compatibility: UT2004

Description: This is a mutator which allows you to record your own personal evaluation of downloaded maps. This isn't a Map voting mutator like UT2Vote, but a mutator which allows you go through all the maps that you've downloaded and record your evaluation for each map.

Comments: This is an update on MapEval which I did last year for UT2003 (which got an honourable mention in Phase 2 of MSUC). I have updated it for UT2004 and added the ability to manage map rotations allowing you to rotate through the maps in your evaluated lists as well as through the maps you haven't evaluated yet. Achieved honourable mention in Phase 3 of MSUC.

New version (v2.10) - see the 19th post in this thread for details.

Screenshot:
    [shot]http://www.marith.demon.co.uk/mapeval/images/MapEval01.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.marith.demon.co.uk/mapeval/images/MapEval02.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.marith.demon.co.uk/mapeval/images/MapEval04.jpg[/shot]

Credits: Nick Martin, Andy and Songe for ideas and testing.
    Homepage: http://www.marith.demon.co.uk/
    Download: http://www.marith.demon.co.uk/mapeval/index.htm

Well thats kinda original, and nice, too. I wont try it out because I dont care, but its good for those who want to test map around with ease. :up:

Comment

hmmmmmmm

Thanx very much!!

NEEDED!:up:

Comment

Great looking utility!

Comment

This is a sweet little utility...well done!

Comment

maybe in future ability to use on server, player will check "allow publish my ratings to server"

and admin can easily see statistic how people "rate" maps in rich detailed info table

Comment

Thanks for all the comments so far .

Originally posted by Dwarden
              maybe in future ability to use on server, player will check "allow publish my ratings to server"

and admin can easily see statistic how people "rate" maps in rich detailed info table
              Good idea. I'll consider including this in the next major release.

Comment

Great work:up:

What we need is a way to DELETE maps from in-game. I'm tired of having to memorize which maps to delete once I quit.

Comment

Thanks.

Originally posted by Dario D.
                  What we need is a way to DELETE maps from in-game. I'm tired of having to memorize which maps to delete once I quit.
                  Unfortunately Unrealscript doesn't allow you to do that (for security reasons). However I am planning to write an external program (in VB) that allows you to do exactly that plus more, including the ability to search through the lists to ensure you don't accidently download a map twice.

Comment

Hmm, could UnrealScript delete the files as soon as the game exits? (....guess not)

Maybe you could add a button to MapEval called "delete" that makes a .txt file on your desktop reminding you which maps you dont want. Each time you hit the delete button on a map, a line is added to that txt file saying "Delete ONS-Doesntwork.ut2".

well it's a thought :noob:

Comment

Would you want to delete maps from more than one category/evaluation, or would you just want to delete the "Bad Maps"?

Comment

Being me, I'd just dump the ones I dont want into BadMaps. I'd put maps that interest me in the others. On the other hand, I might get tired of the "Okay" maps later and want to scrap them... so I dunno. I guess it depends on how the interface works.

Maybe the HUD should somehow make you aware that "BadMaps" is ALSO the place to delete them. ...?

Might you peek at this? Maybe it's of interest:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...4&goto=newpost

I dont mean to burden you with new ideas; it's rather OT anyway :noob: :up:

Comment

I'll ponder on this and also read the other thread in case any ideas pop in there.
                          Originally posted by Dario D.
                          I dont mean to burden you with new ideas
                          No problem - I am always looking for good ideas to improve MapEval .

Comment

I used the Map Manager to rate some maps, then fiddled with the dropdown lists a bit. After that I could no longer find the maps I rated in any of the lists, left or right. I tried reproducing this, and found that if I clicked Save, everything worked fine. I didn't get the maps that vanished back, though, even after a reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                              I used the Map Manager to rate some maps, then fiddled with the dropdown lists a bit. After that I could no longer find the maps I rated in any of the lists, left or right. I tried reproducing this, and found that if I clicked Save, everything worked fine. I didn't get the maps that vanished back, though, even after a reboot.
                              Sorry, you need to save the lists, otherwise you will lose the changes when you change the dropdowns as you've just found out. In the next version this won't happen when you change the gametype and I will also put up a message where necessary to warn you when you might lose changes.

As far as the missing maps go, they will be maps that are not evaluated (as you didn't save the changes). The reason why you are not seeing them in the "Not Evaluated" list is because of the way that list is built. I build that list only if the number of maps installed has changed (you've added a map or removed a map). I do this to avoid delays when starting a game.

In the next version I will make it easier to rebuild the list (or make it an option to rebuild every time). However, in the meantime you can either add or (temporarily) remove a map to get the list to rebuild or you can change the "CacheCount" value in the file UT2004\System\MapEvalN.ini to another number (e.g. 0) to force MapEval to rebuild the list. Whichever method you choose you will need to go into the game to get MapEval to rebuild the list. You should then get your missing maps back.

Hope this helps (and it all makes sense)...

Comment

Working...
                              X