InstaIon mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    ehehe watching a levi be insta killed brings back good memories, thnx zech, might be best to let her die again and dig it up a few years down the road lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys nice to see you too! I havent played ut2004 for ages. Are people still playing it? Last modding I did (1.5 years ago!) was an update to Instagib4ever mod to version 1.06 which allowed non-weapon pickups to stay when in Invasion mode. So you could collect them. Never publicly released that version though.

Major: This mutator has been superseded by Instagib 4Ever (click that link) and that mutator has a config menu that allows to modify weapon's destructive power against vehicles and destroyable objectives like nodes, etc. Also that weapon can heal vehicles and nodes.
    Maybe someone revive that thread too, hahaha. Then I'll bring back from dead Weapons of Evil! Hahaha!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well mypersonal take is simple. Perhaps a configuration menu to allow vehicles to either be indestructable by this weapon (which could mean other weapons will still destroy a vehicle), or make it so that the weapon has an alt fire mode that can:

1) Is usable onyl against vehicles and nodes, but fires a lower powered beam, or,
    2) Allow the alt fire which can fire once but makes the weapon require a recharge before being used, alt fire mode, again (a configurable amount of time).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i havent been playing ut for a while since halo 2 came and i recintly got re addicted and i went looking for my fav mods and mutators and such, and i stumbled upon this.
    i also sifted through every single page on full release and beta looking for it :noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow ... this thread is old ... and someone dug it up? :bulb: Can't believe how long winded I used to be. Jeez.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice to see you're still around, Grzech. I haven't played UT in... so long. Haha.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hahaha! I can't believe it! My first thread here in this forum and my first weapon mutator, noobs whined so much about it! Hahaha!
    Long live the king!
    I couldn't belive my eyes when I received "Reply to InstaIon mutator" mail! haha!

I thought I have locked this thread after InstaIon mutator got superseded by Instagib 4Ever mutator, but it seems during an overhaul at Atari forums it got unlocked, hahaha.

x-elite, what forgotten depths of these forums had you to walk trough to find this thread!?, hahaha, What a surprise you did to me. Now, I feel like... 2,5 years younger, hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Holy thread revivals, Batman. I actually got an e-mail saying that someone had replied to a thread - one that I'd completely forgotten about. Jeez.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VenomZER0
    The question is have you yourself actually played this mut with people?

Nodes take ages to build, theres no way you can defend one form getting hit once (not fully charged node)

On any map it will just be stale mate forever, as people will eventually just take the nodes down at their leisure. If nobody charged nodes in NW ONS, they would go down, now make it 2 shots from a hitscan weapon on an unchargable node and you see the problem.

Only way to defend is be PERFECT at long range...

Yes you said campers can be killed easily - that's true but not before s/he has wasted every node and vehicle in sight!
    Also you would have to make the manta twice as fast minimum to stand a chance.
    ummmmm now we need instanods

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I like both the old IonIG and the new one.

I like the choice to have the old gun mesh but there is no zoom IG with the old mesh? I would like to see that.

Now I am talking VCTF here not ONS. I think these work good for VCTF which is what I play and run a server for.

I Think that using IG in ONS is not such a good idea but thats what IG is, instant Gib or instant death!

That means to me if there is a pawn in the level like a player or a vehicle then its 1 shot death. Thats why I think think its good for IG VCTF.

I dont think power cores and power nodes figure into the equasion as far as being pawns in the level. Maybe later I will try it in ONS but to me ONS and IG just dont mix.

But for VCTF this is just what I been looking for! :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have finished new mutator I was writing about it few post ago. It is called InstaGib 4Ever and you can check it out here: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=395234.

Since InstaGib 4Ever supersedes InstaIon mutator I hereby consider this thread as closed.
    I would like to thank for all comments, including positive responses, constructive criticism as well as non-constructive immature kid's whining as even those posts helped this thread being popular.

I added few ideas that came up in this thread to my new mutator so if you didn't like this simple mut you may like InstaGib4Ever. And if you did like InstaIon you will love it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nemephosis
    There is absolutely no way in hell you're going to intercept someone who grabs the Raptor and heads to the tower at the begiunning of the game unless you grab a Raptor and meet him there. And the one who lives through the dogfight gets to the tower.
    Raptor can be easily shoot with InstaIon gun (1 shot). Once camper is on the tower you can take him out from the ground when he comes to the edge to shoot. And you have advantage - you know where the camper is - he don't know where you are.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't believe you people sometimes, he makes a mutator you dont like so you flame him to death?

If someone offers you a piece of cake you dont like the taste of do you smash them over the head with a wine bottle?

If you dont like it dont download it.
    Constructive criticism or no criticism.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, the chances of two hit-scan weapons hitting each other are so rare. Awesome that it can happen, though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LMAO, just had a match, and I fought some guy. We met inside the Torlan Tower (the top where the Hellbender spawns.) and shot each other, at the same time, and hit.
    ME
    You killed thing1
    You were killed by thing1
    HIM
    You killed thing2
    You were killed by thing2

I'm am not revealing either of the real names.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X