InstaIon mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i'm pretty sure someone has already made this mutator. actually i know for a fact they have. *Xx_ZER01_xX* made this a while back. the way he set it up is the alt fire for the gun is the link beam, the primary only does normal shock rifle damage to vehicles, but instagib (one shot one kill) damage to players. and he made a custom skin as well.

original thread

Name: XxxXInstaGibONSv3
    Date: 3-19-04
    Last Update: 4-23-04
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Homepage: www.elitekillas.com
    Download: Here
    Comments:

regardless if instagib is supposed to be in ONS or not. this mut is a repeat. i wouldn't play using it, but i checked it out. here's a screenie of ZER01's. (alt. fire mode)

[screenshot]http://010101.250free.com/xxxx04/instalink.jpg[/screenshot]

anyhow...

:noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just downloaded and tried this with only Skilled bots in ONS-Primeval, and I don't think I need to see anymore. This honestly has to be one of the worst mutators I've ever seen. While it's a nice effort that you're trying to make iONS, this just made the mode extremely pointless, boring, and ridiculously repetitive. You have no way whatsoever to power up the nodes after you activate them, so you have to hope to god they charge up before someone runs over and shoots it down when they're connected (IF they even get connected). The only reason I won the match I played was due to the bots being so low of level, and I can only imagine what happens with Godlike bots (not to mention highly skilled players). If you'd like some suggestions on making this remotely playable, I'll list some here:
    • Please god take off the one-hit kills for most vehicles. You're ruining the vehicles by doing this, and it only makes people want to run around instead of becoming a huge freaking target in a manta. Make it do 100 damage or something instead, because at least then people have a small chance to get out and fight back.
    • If you seriously want the vehicles to only be used 'for speed,' then you really should consider speeding them up yourself. Make them all have double or triple normal speed, and completely remove all their weapons. Right now the vehicle weapons aren't IG, so what's the point of having them?
    • Make the nodes charge in a flat, set time of around 2-3 seconds. Also you could make the nodes take more than 1 shot for the nodes, possibly 2?
    • The powercores are pathetically weak now that it takes only 3 shots to destroy such a huge target. Upping the # of shots needed to around 5 would probably make it a bit better.

Hope those suggestions help, but for now I can't rate this highly at all. I can't even see a scenario where people would play it for fun because it just makes Onslaught and Assault so...pointless.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But as mentioned, how does it play online? Online with people who know they can destroy a node from a mile away?

I'm usually indifferent to IG, whatever floats your boat, but this mut does seem really redundant.

I'll add 1 piece of advice I think could be infered as constructive. If you don't want to balance you mut in terms of node damage, than at least include the vehicle arena in the code itself. It may seems strange to have the same code when the server could just activate VA, but it'll just make it easier for the user.

Or maybe if the distance of the shot was lessened so people had to get closer to nodes? Most IG players are used to smaller maps as I understand it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think its rude that you guys judge without even trying the mutator. I just tried it out, and it wasnt so bad. In fact, i had fun holding my position in the center node of Acendancy, killing bots before they can reach for the trigger. Its really fun, and you guys should try it sometime.

Problems though

First, I see no use for a levithan/tank. THey are slow and they just blow up fast. Either make them stronger or give them huge weapons.

Other than that, its fun to play sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bad idea. :down:

You've made it so that Onslaught is locked in an endless stalemate. Since it only takes one shot to take out a node, the game ain't gonna advance anywhere, as any node being built will instantly be sniped out.

Not worth my time to download.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The question is have you yourself actually played this mut with people?

Nodes take ages to build, theres no way you can defend one form getting hit once (not fully charged node)

On any map it will just be stale mate forever, as people will eventually just take the nodes down at their leisure. If nobody charged nodes in NW ONS, they would go down, now make it 2 shots from a hitscan weapon on an unchargable node and you see the problem.

Only way to defend is be PERFECT at long range...

Yes you said campers can be killed easily - that's true but not before s/he has wasted every node and vehicle in sight!
    Also you would have to make the manta twice as fast minimum to stand a chance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jeenitals
    I'm just not gonna comment on this. Anyone else want to?
    When reading an answer to someone else's question I would advise you to to read the question to which answer replies as well.
    Trying to interpret an answer alone taken out of original context have no sense.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hedge_o_Matic
    How is it possible to defend a stationary target like a power node from being hit 2 times by an instant-hit weapon from across the map? No node could survive to be fully activated.
    Well, with such attitude it's hardly possible. I'm sure you can do it. Just install InstaIon and try. You can start with bots. I'm certain you will be able to develop proper startegy yourself. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nemephosis
    Step 1: Grab a Raptor.

Step 2: get up to the toiwer while no one's looking.

Step 3: Proceed to blast the living hell out of anything you can see.

Congratuulations, you discovered why they disabled Instagib in Onslaught.

I think it's funny no one's had a positive thing to say about it yet. The balanced ones may not be too widespread but at least they were tolerable.
    Blah, camper. Such guys are easy to kill by every skilled player. It's not because of the campers they disabled it.

I know they didn't want instagib in Onslaught and they tried hard not to allow that. Even if u add Intagib gun to onslaught (you can do it by typing some console command) still it will be usless. (Simply damage of type DamTypeSuperShockBeam won't make damage greater than the one of DamTypeShockBeam. Paradoxically it make super shock rifle weaker weapon against vehicles than regular shock rifle 'cause of lower firerate). Well I wanted REAL instagib rifle in Onslaught and I made it. It's done now, so accept it or die!

I know it would be controversial mutator (still I didn't predict it will cause such emotions :haha: ). Same is with instagib. Some ppl love it, some hate it. (I saw long threads in different ut forums about than I wouldn't like this become such). I noticed you are not devoted follower of this idea, I could guess that from your first post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    come on guys give him some slack. so wah if it may spoil the game for somepeople. just don't download it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jeenitals
    '
    He's more or less proven he knows nothing about how ONS works. He's said it all, we don't have to.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Grzech
    The point of heaving vehicles is to move fast. The speed is critical here - as in normal ons (vehicles like tank are generally useless)...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Step 1: Grab a Raptor.

Step 2: get up to the toiwer while no one's looking.

Step 3: Proceed to blast the living hell out of anything you can see.

Congratuulations, you discovered why they disabled Instagib in Onslaught.

I think it's funny no one's had a positive thing to say about it yet. The balanced ones may not be too widespread but at least they were tolerable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How is it possible to defend a stationary target like a power node from being hit 2 times by an instant-hit weapon from across the map? No node could survive to be fully activated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hah.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X