Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    *downloads*

Does it still have zoom? What about healing secondary fire?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While working on new mutator I applied some slight changes to InstaIon mutator:
    - Increased weapons range so it works fine on large maps
    - Allowed multihit - so now multikills with single shot are possible (beam will go trough targets body hiting any targets behind)
    - Added pickup class for weapon (InstaIon.InstaIonRiflePickup), so now it is easily possible to add weapon to custom maps without need of selecting mutator
    - Removed this gun from weapon's list so it is no longer possible to chose "Super Ion Rifle" in Arena mutator.

Version 1.1 is available for download (look beginning of this thread).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Excellent idea! :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ElementFire
    Good, good. Work on balance. Definitely remove zoom.
    Actually I will allow to choose weapon type/mod in mutator's config:
    "Classic Super Shock Rifle", "Zoom Super Shock Rifle" or "Charge Super Shock Rifle", and configure weapon's power against vehicles(that includes nodes and turrets) as well as weapon's healing power in case "Charge Super Shock Rifle" is selected.
    (But that's for another thread - soon )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good, good. Work on balance. Definitely remove zoom.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think it's a good idea to make secondary fire heal.

Is it possible for a mutator to modify the crosshairs? Maybe to make it easier to show range, the crosshair could turn orange when the selected target is beyond range or something.

Don't give up on this mut.
    Good idea! I didn't think of that. It is possible. (In original Unreal Tournament rocket launcher has something similar - if you moved crosshair over target it changed shape and color, weapon played warning noise and if you fired when crosshair is changed rocket homed into that target. )
    I could do this but this would require constant tracing (I would have to think of efficient solution). Now I recall that Aerial mutator of Mr. Evil changed size of cursor if target was too near (I would need to look at it's code )

Currently I've found where the limitation in destroying vehicles of original instagib rifles has been placed (if I dug one class deepper when making InstaIon I would find it then ) and I'm working on mutator than will replace InstaIon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i played against masterful bots combined with an arena mutator (mantas only) and Vehiclestuff, various ons maps and i had i can't say there were more stalemates than in NW games, 1-3-1 node setup is just asking for stalemates, that's all.

the key to using this mut is altering strategy, imho, you need to focus on occupying the enemy team, so they cannot focus on nodes, which implies area cover instead of point defense, but a hitscan weapon is very well suited for that.

that said, healing by alternate fire would certainly speed things up, and make the game more forgiving when it comes to errors. (let them destroy your primary node and you'll lose the game, because all other nodes will be dead by the time it goes active again) as for adding the supershock rifle to vehicles, a souped up manta might work, but anything else would probably stand no chance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think it's a good idea to make secondary fire heal.

Is it possible for a mutator to modify the crosshairs? Maybe to make it easier to show range, the crosshair could turn orange when the selected target is beyond range or something.

Don't give up on this mut.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, all those weapon modifications can be made as mutator's configurable options.
    This include:
    I) weapon's range - but I don't think its good idea. Most ut2004's InstantFire weapons has range limit 1000. But that's because 1) tracing is costful 2) maps in ut2004 predescesors were much smaller. So I would rather increase it (I find it really annoying when you can't hit target because weapon's beam is too short )

II) weapon's power. Default Super Shock Rifle damage is 1000. But this can be made configurable - let's say from 100 to 1000 (this case will always kill walking player, but vehicles can survive longer)

III) Healing alt-fire. I don't like link gun's altfire in instagib kind of rifle but I could do something like healing shock beam (short ranged) or maybe better - healing shock projectile (like shock rifle's alt fire - energy balls that could heal nodes and vehicles). Healing power would be also configurable (let's say 50-500).

Right now I have an idea how to incorporate original super shock rifles into vehicle games - and do it that way so they work correctly (inflict full damage to vehicles ). I'm not sure if it will work yet, if I find litle time I'll try to do it. If I succeed I'll add some of these options to this new mutator.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is true. I still suggest that the secondary fire heal the nodes rapidly. This can yet be balanced and made totally fun.

UT2007? lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unique idea. I don't see why it's not possible to assault a node now; if you go in with 3 people against a lone guy defending a node, you're bound to succeed.
    That's not the problem. The problem (one of many, that is) is that it's WAY too EASY to destroy a node.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I played this, and it's quite frantic (only tried with bots, though). I think you should make the alt fire fire "healing" shots that heal the nodes with about 1/2 the power of the regular shots. Remove zoom capability, and add a distance limit. If teams are exactly even in terms of skill, though, you'll come to a stalemate; but that'll happen even without this mutator.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm

I kind of like this but I see one problem

instagib rifles are good shots, if you are defending a node there is no chance in heck your gonna actually get the node created!

you need to make the instagib rifle take like 3 shots to create node.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unique idea. I don't see why it's not possible to assault a node now; if you go in with 3 people against a lone guy defending a node, you're bound to succeed. I had a mut like this that gave you the modified link gun as the only weapon with instagib primary and link gun secondary. It was quite heated in Chainisle atleast. I think the idea of reducing the range is a good one too, to prevent sniping/camping with instant kills all the time. The risk/reward ratio seems screwed up there.

I'll give this mut a try.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    doing this for the first time

i dont believe (in my own eyes) that i have ever writen anything that wasn't constructive critism(as aqquired in the rules) but i think i have to skip the rules to say what this really is... this (from what i have read in the description and from what i have read in the other replies) the most donkey-sucking ****eating mutater EVER made!! I mean... good job working(hard work i guess, since i know nothing of coding) on this to make it playable but i think you should have posted about it in idea sharing first, and you would have seen that it was pointless to make 'cause no1 would like it ...i only have one thing to say

"Pick rhymes with ****, and you're a ******!"
    (beautifully said by Fredryk Phox in the albinoblacksheep video)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X