InstaIon mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks, I found the ut2003 version. Will test this out when I get time. Thanks again.

For those who are curious, here is the link to the 2003 version: PainCamper.zip (5.49 kb)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pain Camper

It's a great mutator if you want to alter sniper matches. You can set a time to allow for camping and then you can specify if the person dies or starts losing health. Time and health is configurable. So if you want to make sure no one camps at all just make the time to camp 0 and turn on death. Or you can set them to lose health ... I believe that it's like 10 health points per second. Additionally you can set the camp radius (don't know what the max is ... sorry) and also if camping can be allowed during certain times (defending, holding, sniping). So it is quite versatile ... which makes it a good fit for these types of matches where a person has a one hit kill weapon.

If you can't find it after searching hard let me know, but it's out there because I found it and this was when I didn't know anyone or know about the forums.

I just checked it and you do lose about 10 health points/sec if that option is enabled. Also, I believe that this is one of those rare mutators for UT2K3 that works in Ut2K4 ... don't quote me on that though because I am not 100% sure. This would mean that you may have to search for UT2003 mutes in order to find it, and it does work without crashing the game (I am using the latest patch now but it also worked before when I was initially testing it ... I test every mutator I download even if I won't use that mutator all the time). Anyway hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The best way to balance a weapon is to give the same weapon to everyone. The problem is that not everyone may have excellent sniping ability (like me. I make up for lack of sniping ability by turning on super berserk and shooting in the general direction ).

I'll have to look for this mutator you speak of. Pain camper, huh?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe using the Anti-camp mute

Perhaps if you use the Pain Camper Mutator that would solve camping issues? If not ... like I said this mute isn't for everyone. Peace .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Instagib does leave a trail, though; so it should be possible to snipe the camper from near the node that he is attacking.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is absolutely no way in hell you're going to intercept someone who grabs the Raptor and heads to the tower at the begiunning of the game unless you grab a Raptor and meet him there. And the one who lives through the dogfight gets to the tower.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But I'm also saying campers are EASY to kill. They camp generally in one (sometimes more) place, so you know where they are. If they are not there you can catch camper on his/her way to camping place.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah well in this case it does work. BANG, vehicle is dead.

All you need to do is get a guy up on the tower and no one will get anywhere. You say that camping is lame, and I agree, unfortunately not everyone agrees with us. It WILL be done, guaranteed. This is exactly why they disabled Instagib on ONS. Because of this. I have no idea why you can't see this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kel
    Yep, by making vehicles completely useless.
    Using Torlan as an example again, here's a scenario.
    Red team gets first node charged and tags middle node. They proceed to park it there and defend the node.
    They will then keep blue pinned down by destroying their node before it can get even remotely charged
    Well that's theory. The problem with theories is they often don't work in practice. And what if here blue teams tries to apply same strategy?
    If some team had such strategy and was able to apply it in practice to achieve victory - then very well. I would say: Congratulations, well played. But, succesfull applying the same strategy against same team will be much harder next round.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this is a very stupied mod...:down: :down: :down: :down:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AnubanUT2: That's a beautiful post, and I agree with it 100%. If you're used to regular ONS, Instagib ONS will get old and repetitive pretty fast. If you're into...unique...gameplay, (like me. Anyone else like Invasion Everywhere+Assault? maybe deathmatch with Industrial-gravity-mover-arena?), then this mod is indeed fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    By itself, this completely screw up Onslaught (IMO). With Onslaught controls (look for it at BU), setting Powercore and node health to higher than the rifle damage, and setting time to build a node to a very low number... it's better

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Grzech
    it does completely change strategy for that game.
    Yep, by making vehicles completely useless.
    All you need(Torlan for example) is one person to go to the top of the hill in the middle and snipe away at any vehicles leaving the enemy base. The enemy team wouldn't get very far until they take the sniper out
    And to be exact:
    1 shot destroys every vehicle except for leviatan (3 shots)
    2 shots destroy power node.
    3 shots destroy power core.
    Once a power node has been activated the team must defend it untill it goes to full power.
    Using Torlan as an example again, here's a scenario.
    Red team gets first node charged and tags middle node. They proceed to park it there and defend the node.
    They will then keep blue pinned down by destroying their node before it can get even remotely charged

As implied by nearly everyone else, this would ruin a game of ONS

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pure Mayhem! I like it.

I understand the need to keep ONS more strategic than the name implies and so far I've agreed with the concept that this isn't really an Onslaught but a carefully planned campaign against another team. I've gotten accustomed to playing both Assault and Onslaught that way, as 90% of the time I like the the feel of an RTS being put in an Unreal world. You do have to think and plan a solid team strategy if you play balanced teams and use the more complex link setups.

On the flip side, sometimes I like playing the gametype more like the name implies ... An Onslaught ... Pure Mayhem and total annihilation of the enemy. Once a week I like putting together a team of 8 warriors (bots all tweaked to perfection) and going on a mission to destroy an enemy encampment that only has three enemies left standing to guard it and to try to defend the base while reinforcments are being gathered (there is no hope they can have of taking out our core ... they can only hope to survive the fury of my ONSLAUGHT [Slaughter is more like] !!! ). For these little self-created dramas I then make sure I'm armed with "Top-Secret" newly developed WOTD (Weapns of Total Destruction), designed to level enemy fortresses within minutes ... thus ending the Great War once and for all. Pretty melodramatic huh?

When I'm playing this "Exodus the Invulnerable" type fantasy game I play in God mode until I boost my health up to around the 2500+ level (I've designed my own little combo mutator to boost for as long as you keep killing people and stay alive) and my weapons consist of Redemeers, Ion Painters, Zarks, Thermal Projectors, CFXs, Crispe, Transdimensional Disturbers, and other Super Weapons. Now I've got this baby to add to that collection. Thanks. It's just nice to have another Unreal Weapon of such power in the tournaments ... let those who would stand in the way of my army's might be warned. The Onslaught is coming.

Again, I only play that way once a week ... but it is FUN!!! It's fun playing a being with the might of the gods at his fingertips (Boy I can really get lost in this world I've created :weird: ). Sometimes you just want the fun of mindless destruction combined with the ability to use vehicles and have targets other than just the enemy, to destroy over and over and over. I love the feeling of standing toe to toe with a Lev or a Gol ... what a rush!!! For these times ... whenever they come ... when that urge to just play a powermad demi-god or something similar hits, you you'll want this. In a way this becomes it's own gametype ... kind of mix between DM and ONS. If you NEVER EVER play the game that way then you'll probaly want to pass.

Remember than it's only a game and for some it's more than satisfying enough to just enjoy the graphics and the weapons, vehicles, eye candy, etc. without ever playing like this is a strategy game (like chess or RISK). That's the beauty of UT2K4 ... it can be many different games to a wide variety of people. So don't knock the guy for giving those of us who just play to see mayhem and blow things up another weapon to get the job done. Like he said this is not meant for everyone.

I can say that it is great for the person who loves vid games but has family, job, and social commitments that keep him/her from spending any meaningful time with gaming. This person just doesn't have the time or energy to learn or play Strategy games ... especially if they put in 60+ hour work weeks on top of having kids they have to always keep an eye on; however this person might still get a kick out of just spending 15-30 minutes every other day destroying things and kiling combatants in this Unreal world. Bingo! just the type of person this weapon is meant for.

Personally I love MAYHEM so this is my kinda weapon for days when I don't want to put much mental effort into playing ONS. But I would never use this in a match that I intented to be competitive ... even if I'm just sharpening my skills against bots. So you would get this weapon for pure Destructinve Fun (a way to vent ... especially if you've had a bad day) and NOT for serious competitive matches ... IMHO. It's also good if you are relugated to bot matches for the most part (whatever the reason ... dial-up Internet only or just plain don't like playing on-line).

Just like a movie ... some are great all the way around; they make you think while having great special effects and telling a coherent and solid story (LTR trilogy) and some are just meant to show just how far special F/X have come (Matrix Trilogy, Underworld, numerous others). With UT2K4 you have the ability to do both, which makes this game a truly open game for a huge spectrum of users both young and old, male and female, and for those whose brains are too tired from thinking all the time and want a mindless, but fantastic looking and sounding game (with over 150 available weapons and tanks and planes and other futuristic vehicles to boot!) that can also be used as an entertaining strategic decision making tool. :up: Peace.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ElementFire
    *downloads*

Does it still have zoom? What about healing secondary fire?
    As I wrote before I am making NEW mutator that will have all that options I mentioned in earlier posts. It will be different mutator (different name) 'cause it will use Super Shock Rifle(s) instead of my Super Ion Rifle.
    But it is not ready yet... I made almost everything but there are some thinks to work on yet and to test. (But since my graphic processor has burned :cry: I have some problems with debugging. I can run ut only in software render mode (yuck) for now, so dunno when I release it. )

InstaIon will remain in such form as it is. (According to full releases forum rules it's considered as final version. )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X