• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InstaIon mutator

Name: InstaIon
    Version: 1.1
    Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 2004
    Description: Instagib equivalent for vehicle game types (Onslaught , Assault, etc.)
    Comments: Pwnaaage!
    Screenshot: Click here, and here, and here, and here.
    Credits: Digital Extremes, Epic, Atari, me
    Homepage: http://www.4neurons.com/ut2004
    Download: umod file: http://www.4neurons.com/ut2004/InstaIon_ut4mod.zip
    zip file: http://www.4neurons.com/ut2004/InstaIon.zip

Note: this mutator has been superseded by InstaGib 4Ever mutator.

It looks like a shock rifle. Whee. I think. Hint for next time: Choose a screenshot that actually shows off something.

I'll still download it cause I love weapon mods and everything but you really want to choose a better screen, like say, something that doesn't look like it could have been taken with the game out of the box.

edit: Oh now I get it, it's an Instagib rifle that destroys vehicles and nodes in one shot. Thank you for totally ruining Onslaught.

Comment

The hell? This isn't how Onslaught was meant to be played. :down: Bad idea for a mut.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemephosis
        Oh now I get it, it's an Instagib rifle that destroys vehicles and nodes in one shot. Thank you for totally ruining Onslaught.
        You welcome.

Originally posted by Jeenitals
        The hell? This isn't how Onslaught was meant to be played.
        I don't care how it was meant to be played! :sulk:

It does not ruin Onslaught, only it does completely change strategy for that game. The game is much faster now and and requires better aim from players. (I think Instagibbers should like it. )

As for screenshot: Gun looks like Super Shock Rifle (I called it Super Ion Rifle). I change only beam type, damage type (it is of ION Cannon type now) and decrease it's firerate a bit (1.5 sec now).

And to be exact:
        1 shot destroys every vehicle except for leviatan (3 shots)
        2 shots destroy power node.
        3 shots destroy power core.

I would recommend it to play with Vehicle Arena mutator and replace all vehicles with some fast one like manta (but might be scorpion or hellbender as well).

Enjoy!

Comment

I really doubt anyone's going to like this. Every Instagib mutator that's been made to work in Onslaught has been balanced, not an overpowered piece of garbage like this. I think THAT is what Instagibbers playing Onslaught want, BALANCE.

Comment

I ask you...what is the point of having vehicles if they are all one hit wonders?

How the hell do you charge nodes? Or is that "Hit a dead node with a single shot and it's charged" or...

sorry, bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by A2597
              I ask you...what is the point of having vehicles if they are all one hit wonders?
              The point of heaving vehicles is to move fast. The speed is critical here - as in normal ons (vehicles like tank are generally useless that's why it would be good idea to play it with vehicle arena ->manta for example. Or maybe some custom vehicle model?)

Originally posted by A2597
              How the hell do you charge nodes? Or is that "Hit a dead node with a single shot and it's charged" or...[/B]
              No, I thought of that (as alternate fire of type link gun alt mode?) but I think it wouldn't be good idea. Simply you don't charge nodes! Once a power node has been activated the team must defend it untill it goes to full power. When it's done enemy neihbours nodes should be destroyed within seconds.

Comment

I really doubt anyone's going to like this. Every Instagib mutator that's been made to work in Onslaught has been balanced, not an overpowered piece of garbage like this. I think THAT is what Instagibbers playing Onslaught want, BALANCE.
                Well, I believe that's why none of those "Balanced Instagib ONS mutators" has ever become popular. You are not Instagibber, are you? InstaGib name is self explaining - "instant kill combat...". As to overpowering... I did not increase the gun's power. (I extended 'SuperShockBeamFire' but left both DamageMin and DamageMax values intact).

Anyway, thanks for your opinion.

Comment

hah.

Comment

How is it possible to defend a stationary target like a power node from being hit 2 times by an instant-hit weapon from across the map? No node could survive to be fully activated.

Comment

Step 1: Grab a Raptor.

Step 2: get up to the toiwer while no one's looking.

Step 3: Proceed to blast the living hell out of anything you can see.

Congratuulations, you discovered why they disabled Instagib in Onslaught.

I think it's funny no one's had a positive thing to say about it yet. The balanced ones may not be too widespread but at least they were tolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Grzech
                        The point of heaving vehicles is to move fast. The speed is critical here - as in normal ons (vehicles like tank are generally useless)...
                        I'm just not gonna comment on this. Anyone else want to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenitals
                          I'm just not gonna comment on this. Anyone else want to?
                          '
                          He's more or less proven he knows nothing about how ONS works. He's said it all, we don't have to.

Comment

come on guys give him some slack. so wah if it may spoil the game for somepeople. just don't download it?

Comment

Step 1: Grab a Raptor.

Step 2: get up to the toiwer while no one's looking.

Step 3: Proceed to blast the living hell out of anything you can see.

Congratuulations, you discovered why they disabled Instagib in Onslaught.

I think it's funny no one's had a positive thing to say about it yet. The balanced ones may not be too widespread but at least they were tolerable.
                              Blah, camper. Such guys are easy to kill by every skilled player. It's not because of the campers they disabled it.

I know they didn't want instagib in Onslaught and they tried hard not to allow that. Even if u add Intagib gun to onslaught (you can do it by typing some console command) still it will be usless. (Simply damage of type DamTypeSuperShockBeam won't make damage greater than the one of DamTypeShockBeam. Paradoxically it make super shock rifle weaker weapon against vehicles than regular shock rifle 'cause of lower firerate). Well I wanted REAL instagib rifle in Onslaught and I made it. It's done now, so accept it or die!

I know it would be controversial mutator (still I didn't predict it will cause such emotions :haha: ). Same is with instagib. Some ppl love it, some hate it. (I saw long threads in different ut forums about than I wouldn't like this become such). I noticed you are not devoted follower of this idea, I could guess that from your first post.

Comment

Working...
                              X