No announcement yet.

CTF-Volatile][

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can be reduced a little more, but not much. I added about six reflective cube maps, and thats what takes up so much memory. I really wanted to keep those. I'm not sure of any other techniques to reduce the file size, if you could suggest a few I'd love to hear them. I can lower the light maps, but I like the sharp lighting, and I already lowered light maps on surfaces that didn't matter.

Comment

nice water effects:up:

use a moonlight actor as well to give better lighting, your map mostly has white-ish lighting.

a nice sunlight actor with a moonlight colour would work wonders and produce some ncie shadows as well

also make your light "glow" besides using a corona. to do this use a high brightness light low saturation to make it darker and a low radius.

hope that helps

MsM

Comment

Looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Yournan2000
          nice water effects:up:
          a nice sunlight actor with a moonlight colour would work wonders and produce some ncie shadows as well
          You mean a sunlight actor right? One is used, but not heavily, because its extremely cloudy, so the light that comes down is very dull, which is how it should be if its cloudy. I'd only want strong shadows if the sun was clearly visible. Thanks for the comments.

Comment

Great UT99 CTF gameplay! :up:

I didn't get those cool water effects seen in the top screenie. I did enable high world and physics detail, but all I get is a very slight undulation. Do I need higher than normal texture detail? Any suggestions?

Comment

Thanks

That screenshot is a touch old, I had to lower the detail on the waves quite a bit because apparently it really hurt lower end machines, which is unfortunate since on my machine it ran better than most standard ut2k4 maps, and it looked awesome.

You should still be experiencing more than 'very slight undulation', but I don't know what settings would change that, I have everything maxed out myself.

Comment

Working...
              X