• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Core Volume Control

Name: Power Core Volume Control
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility:
    UT2004 v3204 (Retail + patch 1).
    Should be OK with 3018 but not has not been tested with it.

Description:
    Allows you to control the volume of the Power Core explosion and the subsequent irritating electrcity sound.

Comments:
    Written because I (and others) really hate that horrible electricity sound once the Power Core has been destroyed.

Credits:
    Unreal Wiki (link in Sig.) for putting up with me.
    The members of SNOUT who hassled me into actually finished the mutator when it turned out to be trickier than I thought it was going to be.
    Homepage:http://www.snout-clan.co.uk/p.php?p=3065
    Download:http://www.snout-clan.co.uk/p.php?p=3065

Nice:up:

Comment

Bookmarking this, lots of people asking if you can turn it down

Comment

NICE! But do anyone will use it??? .. im sure the big 32 players popular server dont even try to find some maps or mutators .... Got enough of having lot of nice works not used :sour:

So ... well thats nice I was bored of this **** sounds...

Comment

Nice, I got realy tired of the old power core sounds as well.

Comment

Nice, I was wondering when this would come out!

Going on the server today

Comment

GREAT idea! Now I'd like Epic to impliment volume controls for these in the next patch.

Is there any way to add this as a normal volume control setting, rather then having it be a mod? Then we could adjust it locally.

Comment

Man, I was just thinking about this the other day when playing on Flak's server.

The core was buzzing and spitting and driving me nuts with the sound. I was thinking that I wish I could move my camera away from the core using the mouse wheel.

Is your mutator basically server side for the admins to pre-control the volume of the core?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie
                  ....Is your mutator basically server side for the admins to pre-control the volume of the core?
                  I think you might have exposed a gap in the README with that one.

By default the clients will inherit the default values set on the server. In theory you can set the volume to whatever you want by creating your own INI file as the actual volume settings are not replicated. I think I've actually tested this - but I can't remember now.

Here's a copy of the INI file. Set the volume values to your preferred settings. Remember - the volume values are modifiers. A value of 1 will leave the volume at its default value. A value of 0.5 will halve the volume. A value of 0 turns it off completely.

[MutPowerCoreVolumeControl.PowerCoreVolumeControl]
                  ExplosionVol=1.000000
                  ElectricityVol=0.000000
                  GroupName=PowerCoreVolumeControl
                  FriendlyName=Power Core Volume Control
                  Description=Modify the volume of the Power Core explosion and electricity sound.
                  GIPropsDisplayText(0)=Power Core Modifier
                  GIPropsDisplayText(1)=Electricity Modifier
                  GIPropDescText(0)=The volume modifier for the Power Core Explosion
                  GIPropDescText(1)=The volume modifier for the Electricity Sound

Edit: Save the above values as MutPowerCoreVolumeControl.ini in your UT2004/System directory.

Hope that helps.

I did come across an instance the other day when the electricity buzz came back - but it was gone again on the next map. I think it was something to with the way the bSwapSidesAfterReset setting actually works in practice but I've not had time to verify that.

Comment

so will that work locally? and if so, what do you save hat as? Is it appended to the UT ini, or what?

Comment

Sorry - it's been a hard week so far.

Save that as: MutPowerCoreVolumeControl.ini in your UT2004/System directory.

It should use the the values you've specified in there instead of the ones set on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by EntropicLqd
                        I think you might have exposed a gap in the README with that one.

By default the clients will inherit the default values set on the server. In theory you can set the volume to whatever you want by creating your own INI file as the actual volume settings are not replicated. I think I've actually tested this - but I can't remember now.

Here's a copy of the INI file. Set the volume values to your preferred settings. Remember - the volume values are modifiers. A value of 1 will leave the volume at its default value. A value of 0.5 will halve the volume. A value of 0 turns it off completely.

[MutPowerCoreVolumeControl.PowerCoreVolumeControl]
                        ExplosionVol=1.000000
                        ElectricityVol=0.000000
                        GroupName=PowerCoreVolumeControl
                        FriendlyName=Power Core Volume Control
                        Description=Modify the volume of the Power Core explosion and electricity sound.
                        GIPropsDisplayText(0)=Power Core Modifier
                        GIPropsDisplayText(1)=Electricity Modifier
                        GIPropDescText(0)=The volume modifier for the Power Core Explosion
                        GIPropDescText(1)=The volume modifier for the Electricity Sound

Edit: Save the above values as MutPowerCoreVolumeControl.ini in your UT2004/System directory.

Hope that helps.

I did come across an instance the other day when the electricity buzz came back - but it was gone again on the next map. I think it was something to with the way the bSwapSidesAfterReset setting actually works in practice but I've not had time to verify that.
                        thanks, EntropicLqd

Hopefully I'll get a chance to try this (or remember to try it)

:up:

Comment

I installed it, but I'll be damned if I've remembered to notice the difference! LOL!!

Comment

Finally tracked down the cause of the mutator not muting the volume of the electricity sound.

At the end of an ONS round, if the game hasn't actually ended and starts another round on the same map the "mute" code is never executed.

Luckily the ghastly noise only plays for about a second so its much less bearable.

A fix is in the works - but I'll probably not have time to do it this week due to real life constraints. We'll see.

Comment

thanks for the update! I'll be looking out for the new version!

Comment

Working...
                              X