Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-PB-Depot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-PB-Depot

Now I finished a real map:

Code:
    ====================================================================================================================
    DM-PB-Depot
    ====================================================================================================================

Game            : Unreal Tournament 2004
    Level name        : Depot
    File name        : DM-PB-Depot.ut2
    Version            : Final
    Release date        : 2016/02/19
    Game type        : Deathmatch
    Player count        : 6 to 8
    Single Player        : Yes
    Multiplayer             : Yes
    New Actors        : No
    New Music        : No
    New Sounds        : No
    New Static Meshes    : Yes
    New Textures        : Yes

Author            : Pablo "Party Boy" Perugino
    Webpage            : www.UnrealArgentina.com
    Mail            : ut2kxpartyboy@gmail.com

Know bugs

* None

Construction

Software        : Photoshop CC 2015, 3DS Max 2016, UnrealEd 3.0
    Hardware        : Intel Core i7 920, Asus P6T, OCZ Platinum 3 x 2 GB DDR3 1.6 GHz, Samsung Spinpoint F3 2 x
                  500 GB 16 MB, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5870, CoolerMaster Silent Pro Modular 600 W,
                  CoolerMaster CM-690, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus
    Time            : A week
    Base            : From scratch

Installation

Un7z 'DM-PB-Depot.txt' to your UT2004 'Help' directory
    Un7z 'DM-PB-Depot.ut2' to your UT2004 'Maps' directory
    Un7z 'HourPitores_UT' to your UT2004 'Textures' directory

Other content by author

* ParallaxSkyZoneInfo.u

* CTF-PB-NeWoot-V2.ut2
    * CTF-UTeros-Cavern2k4-v2.ut2
    * DM-PB-Wicked.ut2
    * CTF-PB-Choripan.ut2

Description

Deep in the forest lies an abandoned depot, can't you see the enemies for the trees?..

Commentary

It's a combination of various BSPs I had collecting dust since years, I hope you like it...

Thanks to

Darky, El Che and the ashes of the Unreal Argentina community

Special Thanks to

* Hourences for his texture pack
    * My Mastering Unreal Technology book
    * My mom

Copyrights/permissions

This level is copyrighted by Pablo "Party Boy" Perugino, 2016.

Authors MAY not use this level as a base to build additional levels.

You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD or any other electronic medium that is
    sold for money without my explicit permission!

You MAY distribute this BSP through any electronic network, provided you include
    this file and leave the archive intact.

Please ASK permission before using content in this map for your own projects. Chances are I will say yes but I would
    like to keep track of where they are used. Thanks.

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 (c)2004 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by GT Interactive Software,
    Inc. under license. UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 and the UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 logo are registered trademarks of Epic
    Games, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Download

I found a bug, I've changed the download...

Comment

Based on the screens, there's too much unbroken space with the same tiling wall texture. I think you should add some decoration like graffiti, industrial signs, decals, etc. or break it up with some additional brushwork (using complementary texutres) and/or a few more meshes. The outdoor scene looks really nice, but the rest of the map feels really sparse by comparison.

EDIT: Also I see you're using the HourPitores_UT texture package, which hourences made for UT99, not 2k4. The correct version you should be using is HourPitores_UT2004, which is of a higher resolution and has proper detail textures set up.

You also have a lighting error here. It extends to the lift below.

Your preview textures are uncompressed too.

All in all, seems like a good TAM/arena style map, but I think it could use more polish.

Comment

There are 4 lights that don't illuminate the bsp regardless of how they are placed, maybe I can workaround it with a dynamic flicker light but I don't know...

I'm aware right now about a UT2004 version of those packages, they aren't in the Hourences site, it gives a 403 forbidden error..

I missed the preview textures, yeap.. I was in a hurry to release the map, I'm aware of the lack of detail, I just thought of it as a CA map like you said..

Maybe it needs a v2..

Also, I tried to do a hosepipe in 3DS but the splines just did whatever, I was not able to do it..

Comment

http://www.vgmp3.org/DLs/UT2004/Host...res_UT2004.rar

I uploaded the texture package for you. Due to its large size, I would recommend myleveling any asset you use from it.

Moving a brush a few units, deleting and redoing zone portals or other brushes, or changing brush order can sometimes fix the dark BSP problem. Simply adding new brushes to the map can help. If you change some of your BSP the dark surfaces should either fix themselves or move to another spot in the map.

Dark BSP was a real headache on UTCraft. What I ended up doing is moving my light sources around once the surfaces changed so that the dark surfaces would be inconspicuous.

Regarding the lighting in your map, I think it would look a bit nicer if you had some other light sources other than the ones near the walkways and the hanging lamps. The ceiling has a unlit look that isn't very nice. You could open up some spots on the roof. This would give you another logical light source and hopefully fix your dark surfaces at the same time (but they'll probably just move somewhere else.)

Comment

I second Jefe about the unbroken space; some grafiti or maybe some pad/planks/railing to a powerup ? The window area is really nice, I wish you could go out there. Maybe another similar area? Bring some foliage inside? More windows?

My movement is pretty lousy; how do you get up the planks? Dodge / jump is leaving me short sometimes. Maybe put a box in front for the jumping impaired?

Nice map overall, good to see another serious map. The sandwich map did make me laugh.

Comment

Just do a dodge jump..

I'm adding detail to it, but I don't ****ing know what to do with this big *** wall, it's too big:

How about now?:

Comment

Working...
              X