DM-TrainingGael

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-TrainingGael

Yesterday I was discussing hybrid maps with my friend Hollon, I said I should make one and he was like "DO EET." So, after about 6 hours of work, here is DM-TrainingGael: two copies of Training Day connected to Gael in the center.

The only change to weapons was switching the Rocket Launchers on the upper floor of Gael to Bio Rifles and adding ammo for them. Otherwise, weapons, ammo, pickups, and player starts are still in their original positions; the weapon selection of Training Day (Flak, Link, Shock, Mini) and Gael (Rocket Launcher and Lightning Gun) complemented each other nicely. Even after combining the space of 3 maps, it's still quite small, so I don't recommend more than 4 players.

Although this is a DM map, it is symmetrical and I even separated the map into red and blue sides. It's ready for a CTF conversion, just need to add flags, modify player starts and other AI stuff. If someone wants a CTF version, I'll be happy to oblige, but I'm not much of a CTF player, so I'll only do that if there is some demand. Or they can do it themselves.

Credits:

DM-TrainingDay was made by Scott McGregor and Lee Perry and DM-Gael was made by James Schmalz. Both are stock UT2004 maps.

------------------------------

DOWNLOAD:

Gamebanana

UTZone

I once did an hybrid of Morbias/Gael/Leviathan for another game. It turns out it played pretty well. :P
    D/Ling this one. =)

Comment

You didn't fix the hole in the ceiling on the TrainingDay though
      [shot]http://i.imgur.com/8Vn5P9v.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Not a bug, a feature! Perfect place to leave a trans in invasion.

Comment

That's cheating :/

Comment

yo know, the map looks symmetrical enough to be a CTF map

Comment

Originally posted by Budboy View Post
              yo know, the map looks symmetrical enough to be a CTF map
              I said something about that in the first post.

Comment

yeah, but you really can't appreciate it until you played the map

so yeh, do a ctf version

Comment

I'd like to get a few more votes before I do it. I think the obvious places for the flags would be in the far corners of each Training Day, but I'd like to hear other suggestions.

Comment

Maybe a joust-style inverted flag positioning?

Comment

Originally posted by Baryonyx View Post
                      Maybe a joust-style inverted flag positioning?
                      Now THAT is a real challenge, lol! :P

Comment

Working...
                      X