Jefe's Loading Screens Volume 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jefe's Loading Screens Volume 4

10 years ago I made my first set of loading screens, so it seemed fitting to do another for UT2004's 10th anniversary, featuring some of its best-looking and most memorable official maps. This set features 16:9 widescreen loading screens along with standard 4:3 screens. As far as I know, this is the very first set designed for widescreen monitors. Also, it's the biggest set ever, with 40 wide and 40 standard loading screens. I also subtly changed the "2004" in the UT2004 logo on these - instead of a flat black, it now has a slightly larger font, and a gold border similar to the word "Unreal."

DOWNLOAD:

UTZone.de

Gamebanana.com

Great job Jefe!!!

Comment

Yes, very nice work. I really like these.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

really nice addition. thx

Comment

Nice, but, i think it would be cool to add some badass player pics at some loading screens, like Xan's loading screen that you can find only at the editor. Anyways, great job! 10/10

Comment

Thanks. I decided against putting characters in the screenshots as a stylistic choice. Landscape shots only with pickups and everything removed to show off the beauty of the levels. Besides, tons of other loading screens have used the same character artwork over and over (some renders found in the UT2004 fansite kit), including that pose of Xan and the characters from the other default loading screens.

Speaking of the Xan loading screen, it is super easy to enable. Here's the default loading screen list (in User.ini.) See how 'loadingscreen2' is listed twice? Just change one of them to a 3 to enable it.

[GUI2K4.UT2K4ServerLoading]
              Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen1
              Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen2
              Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen2
              Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen4

Here are some other renders, such as the stuff from the single-player campaign that can also be used as loading screens. Just add them to your list to enable (none are wide screen though.)

Backgrounds=2K4Menus.MainMenu.mmbgnd
              Backgrounds=LadderShots.BRMoneyShot
              Backgrounds=LadderShots.CTFMoneyShot
              Backgrounds=LadderShots.DOMMoneyShot
              Backgrounds=LadderShots.TeamDMMoneyShot
              Backgrounds=LadderShots.BRShot
              Backgrounds=LadderShots.CTFShot
              Backgrounds=LadderShots.DOMShot
              Backgrounds=LadderShots.TeamDMShot
              Backgrounds=LadderShots.ChampionshipShot

Comment

i know, already enabled xan's loading screen, i was just talking about xan's pose xD
                The best default loading screen so far, about your pack, i like facing worlds

Comment

Great stuff. I've never used custom loading screens, except for enabling the Xan one. I just tried these. Works great. Will be nice after all these years to see something different while loading. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X