[Character] Rocket (updated to v1.2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Character] Rocket (updated to v1.2)

A sullen pyromaniac, Rocket has been relentlessly blowing things up since her early childhood. Her appearance in the Tournament was just a matter of time.
    Thanks to the family support, she now has a mighty sponsor and a caring teammate.

Although Rocket is not the smartest competitor out there, when backed by Lilian's tactical mind, she becomes a royal pain in the ***.
    ~6500 tris, two textures: 1024x1024 for the head and 2048x2048 for the body. 2 team colors.

More screenshots

As you can see from the screenshots, she is always carrying a special redeemer missile with her. At first I wanted it to work with custom species, so she could have one additional ammo for the redeemer or a slightly different version of the missile (more damage, faster traveling speed etc.)
    But when I actually googled a bit I realized that this will involve too much programming which I'm totally incapable of, so I decided to release this model as it is.

UPDATED to v1.1

Changelist:
    1) mostly rigging tweaks: thighs, shoulders, spine, ammo belt.
    2) also fixed a pair of odd shadows on the diffuse map.
    3) removed brackets and underscoring from the names for online compatibility.
    4) made a new portrait.

UPDATED to v1.2

Changelist:
    Fixed vertex weights on her left hand.

DOWNLOAD
    Stash
    Dropbox
    UT-files

Any crits, advices and questions are always welcome. I also appreciate any help with bios. My English doesn't get any better, and despite the fact that I spent like 30 minutes with vocabulary writing these 4 sentences I'm still not sure if everything is correct.

"dat ***" looks awesome, downloaded

Comment

Besides the gorgeous 3d *** you put together does ut3's jester have anything to do wth this just wondering because thats the vibe iam getting form this.

Comment

Whoah, an original character? Impressive.

Comment

does ut3's jester have anything to do wth this
          Nope. Just the same haircut.

Comment

holy s*it, that's amazing!

Comment

Hey aberiu sexy doll hahaha ...what about sexy alike cleopatra-style or so egyptian skin with helmet and stuff?
              Thanks for the gift mate!

Comment

Woa - i bet after making this model you just
                need to look at real ladies to make them shiver!

Comment

what about sexy alike cleopatra-style or so egyptian skin with helmet and stuff?
                  I have to finish my current projects first.

Comment

On a second look for the armor
                    should look way fatter somehow.

Comment

Really fantastic looking character. Nice work Aberiu.

Comment

Upppdated.

Comment

Your skinning skills are amazing, what program do you do use to do it.

Comment

I use max. Probably doesn't matter though, because I don't really use any of its features. In case of the hips area for example I just clicked every vertex and assigned weights manually.

Edit. Ok, I lied. I actually use the animation slider. I set up a few keyframes with bones rotated into extreme positions so I can move to these keyframes while skinning and see how every vertex changes its position when I change its weight. And I use symmetry of course.
                            But that's what every skinning tutorial will explain you first I guess.

Comment

cool; new Lillian looking great

Comment

Working...
                              X