= Map Name: Death's Kiss
    =
    = Author: LIP-Rampage Felipe Vasconcellos
    =
    = E-Mail: lypecamargo@hotmail.com
    =
    = Gametype: Deathmatch (DM)
    =
    = Best Player Ammount: 2 to 6 (About 4 is fine if you don't wanna a 1vs1)
    =
    = Build Time: 5 hours 02 minutes
    =
    = Bot Support: Yes, and very good
    =
    = New Sounds: No
    =
    = New Textures: Yes, new skybox from INIQUITOUS (A big thanks to him ^^)
    =
    = New Meshes: No
    =
    = New Features: No
    =
    = Known Bugs: Yes, one lava glitch, but i tried to solve it the best as i could, now it doesn't affect gameplay anymore.
    =
    = Programs Used:
    = Unreal ED 3.0
    =================================================
    =Requirements:
    = UT2004 Full Game
    =
    ================================================== ===============================
    = Data:
    =
    = One abbandoned structure at the planet Thuliac, used to search important recipients at the lava of the Volcano that stay cool and doesn't erupt, and now, used for Tournament 1vs1 fights as can also be played with 6 players.
    =
    ================================================== ===============================
    = Alert:
    =
    = 1-Nobody is allowed to modify or upload this map to the internet to take credit for it, but you may use and upload the original map. Please do not rename, modify or do anything that makes the map stop looking like one of my maps, also the online compatiblity could be broken.
    = 2-You are not allowed to put this map on a CD and sell it for money or trade with it! You have no explicit permission for that by neither me, nor Epic Games.
    =
    = Special Thanks to:
    =
    = *Unreal Engine for the Awesome Game
    = *Sly. for giving some useful feedback/ideas
    = *INIQUITOUS for the amazing Skybox
    = *You for downloading and playing!
    = *Private Tux / Tux Android for the Mirrors.
    =

Screenshots:

[SHOT]http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5269/lipdeathkissshot1.jpg[/SHOT]

[SHOT]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9638/lipdeathkissshot2.jpg[/SHOT]

[SHOT]http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9749/lipdeathkissshot3.jpg[/SHOT]

[SHOT]http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3951/lipdeathkissshot4.jpg[/SHOT]

Download Here!

Download at Mirror 1

Download at Mirror 2

P.S.: This is the lightest map i ever did, i played it at my computer with ALL details at maximum, me + 5 bots and i got 75 fps (My limit is set to 75, so...), so, if you have a slow computer like mine (Intel Pentium 4 / 2,8 Ghz / 1 GB Ram / ATI Radeon 9600) it shouldn't be problem

Thanks!
    Rampage ^^

Good to know that you still continue mapping, mate. Added to my collection and I'll give it a try soon.

PS: Sly. now contributing this.

Comment

yeah, mapping will never die to me, it's the thing i most love at UT2004 is mapping (even more than playing lol), and yep, he gave me some useful feedback, as "lightning could be better", and i did a better lightning and such things, but i'm glad you like it, thanks

Comment

Great map.

Great atmosphere with "less" dark theme and lighter lava, skybox, music and trees. Nice putting on the Redeemer placement (may vary intense for this). Fine gameplay and the bots are really good here. But one critique: You've forgot to add the preview shot and map name (UT2) contains spaces.

Two mirrors:
        http://ut2004.ut-files.com/index.php...DeathsKiss.zip
        http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=4148 (awaiting for approval)

Comment

D/Ling. =)

Since it's final, what about uploading somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Private Tux View Post
            But one critique: You've forgot to add the preview shot and map name (UT2) contains spaces.

Mirror(s) pending soon.
            I tried, changed texutre format to DXT5/DXT3/DXT1, without "generate mipmaps" while importing at the editor, otherwise it fail, but i don't know why it didn't work even changing the DXT compression.

Originally posted by Neon_Knight View Post
            D/Ling. =)

Since it's final, what about uploading somewhere else?
            I don't know, i created one account at MediaFire because filefront created that new rule that isn't everybody who can download things there (like me, i can't), but if someone adds a mirror i will be glad
            By the way, i'm still waiting it to get approved at Mapraider.com, so, there will be one mirror lol.

Thanks.
            Rampage ^^

Comment

Originally posted by LIPRampage View Post
              I tried, changed texutre format to DXT5/DXT3/DXT1, without "generate mipmaps" while importing at the editor, otherwise it fail, but i don't know why it didn't work even changing the DXT compression.
              Use DXT1 only. DXT3 and DXT5 would cause your map preview not appeared.

Comment

Ah, thanks, but as this one is the Final Release, i will do a DXT1 at my next map, because normally all my maps are DXT5 and work lol

Comment

Here's the two mirrors for this map (not only one for Mapraider, but three of them):
                  http://ut2004.ut-files.com/index.php...DeathsKiss.zip
                  http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=4148 (awaiting for approval)

Comment

Mapraider i already uploaded PrivateTux, but it wasn't accepted, yet.
                    But thanks for the mirrors

Comment

map plays great! ty!

Comment

Originally posted by papasfritas View Post
                        map plays great! ty!
                        Yw, and thank you for playing

Comment

has the atmosphere!

This map needs a preview shot and a skybox worth looking at; although, the background horizon stuff with the huge building/starship and foggy/hazy cinder cones and mountains in distance is cool! I love the atmosphere with the wicked trees, cool black smoke, sweet lava, dead brush, terrain and lighting. The stock music choice fits this map perfectly and, WOW, that IS a fiery lava pit and NOT just a low spot in the map (silly me running in). The playable building has a dangerous ledge, nice lightning vial and scrolling message that I only read during the flyby. Just make the txt file the map name next time already.

Is this map a 1on1 map or not? The map name and menu text show it as a 1on1 map, whereas the preview shot name and DL file name do not. It has a default player load of 4 (3 bots) and you say the best player amount is 2 to 6 in the text file. Yes, this could be a 1on1 map, but it seems slightly too large and wide-open for that to me. I realize you say it could be either, but then just leave the 1on1 designation out completely then.

Comment

Thanks, but with 2-6 i meant like... Minimum 2 and Maximum 6, more than 6 it will have "over respawn" and will have too much people, but, i have played a 3vs3 team deathmatch and i did like (Betrayal also is good), but, have a lot of firefight, if you want some action put to 6 players xD

Comment

Working...
                            X