Best Of Unreal v1.1 with Instagib and fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Of Unreal v1.1 with Instagib and fix

Best Of Unreal for UT2004 (including the Impact Hammer from UT99, ImpactHammer Arena Mutator,
    a crazy Sniper, an optional 6 balls Rocket Launcher, UT99 CTF sounds, Instagib with plasma beam and UT99 sounds, effects and many many fun options)
    released November 6, 2011
    updated November 19, 2011 and 25 november 2011
    Final release January 14 2012

Author: -=Musc@t=-
    If you have any questions : unrealmuscat@yahoo.ca

What is that?
    ---------------
    This is many <<< OWNAGE >>> mutators which change the game to have the best of all the Unreal series in one game.
    The main mutator called "-= BEST OF U Items and Weapons=-" changes the sounds of the Ut2004 weapons for UT99 ones and also changes the sounds of the pickups by the Unreal 1, Ut99, UT3 or Ut2003 ones but mainly UT3 sounds.
    The mutator contains/replaces/adds many weapons:
    Replaces the ShieldGun by the UT99 Impact Hammer (optional).
    Replaces the Translocator by a unlimited translocator (optional)
    Replaces the Sniper by a custom nice sniper made with the painter and UTClassic sniper parts. (Optional too)
    Replaces the Rocket Launcher by a 6 grenades/rockets with nice good old sounds (optional).
    Transform the Assault Rifle to fire like a powerful handgun. (UT3 Enforcer damage and speed)
    Replaces all other main weapons mainly for the sounds but also for the Ut2003 weapons models (the LinkGun and the Shock Rifle).

Another main important mutator is the "-= BEST Of U Classic add-on =-" which Adds the UT99 flag sounds in CTF (return sound, drop sound, etc.) and fix the telefrag problem online in UT2004 and also adds the UTClassic options in the game without adding the UTClassic weapons.

The package also contains a voicpack to have only the flag sounds in CTF like in UT99 (Flag sounds and Classic UT99 Announcer) Look at the voicepack options in the game menu.

The mutators can be used with the TLMutator to Add the UT99 translocator and enable Telepunt like the original UT99.

One other mutator is the terrific advanced Instagib mutator called "-= BEST OF U Instagib =-"
    with many options and 3 Super Shock Rifles model (UT99 sounds and hit effects) to play all type of Instagib.
    The Instagib mutator can be used with the Unreal 1 game mod/mutator to have a Super ASMD in the list http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-Unreal-1-game
    The Instagib mutator can also use different Super Shock Rifles from different mutators.
    What else? Now we need to add more players online to play classic CTF... Where are you?

Time to create CTF classic servers guys and classic DM,DOM too of course!!!!
    UT99 Instagib is back in UT2004. Time to switch to UT2004 LOL.

INSTALLATION
    --------------------
    Important: You need UT2004 retail version and the last patch

unzip : All .int and .u and .ini and .ucl files in your UT2004\system directory
    unzip : All .UTX files in your UT2004\textures directory
    unzip : All .UkX files in your UT2004\Animations directory
    unzip : All .UAX files in your UT2004\Sounds directory
    unzip : All .USX files in your UT2004\StaticMeshes directory

Remove any beta or old versions for the new one
    Add the packages of any mutators you want to mix with the BEST OF U Instagib at their respective locations.
    Don't forget to add the "-= BEST OF U CLASSIC add-on =-" mutator to have the full options,fix and UT stuff in game.

Note: You don't need to add any off the separate weapon mutators if you use the "-= BEST OF U Items and Weapons =-" mutator. They are include and in the options.

INSTALLATION SERVER
    --------------------

Add this line for your server, caution it's case sensitive...(if you have Linux server take it seriously)

ServerPackages=BestOfUnreal-101

in the UT2004.ini (look at the other similar ServerPackages lines)

You need to add any other mutator or weapon packages you use with this mutator.
    For example: If you want to use the "Super ASMD" you need to add ServerPackages=PlaceableWeps
    from the Unreal 1 game mod package http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-Unreal-1-game
    and of course ServerPackages=SuperASMD

You can also use the super weapons of many mutators in Instagib. Some are already added in the SuperShockRifleList.ucl
    just take a look by editing the file in notepad and search for those mutator packages in the Internet if you really want to try it.
    You can use the UT3 super shock rifle for example or the Crotch Shot, Unreal Championship SUper Shock Rifle. etc.

Enchanced version 1.01
    --------------------------
    Fixed weapons models positions in Weapon Lockers including an online fix to see the new weapons.
    Added a Classic Instagib mutator with many options for dead bodies effects and pushing.
    Added 3 Super shock rifles : UT99 sounds and hit effects with ut2004 plasma beam effect in orange(Gold) or dark purple.
    Added Smoke and Vapor sounds when you kill an opponent in Instagib.
    Added Headshot with super Shock Rifles. (of course this adds nothing in the damage)
    Better weapons BOBS for the Sniper.
    Separate mutator for the sniper, Impact Hammer, core (Classic) options and Weapons/Items.
    The Main mutators are no more in the Arena group and can be used with many other mutators.(at your own risk)
    Added a separate SUper ASMD package to use with the Instagib mutator to add the ASMD in Insagib. Unreal 1 game mod required for this.
    Included an additional SuperShockRifleList.ucl to add any SUperShockRifles in the weapon list of the Instagib mutator. You can add your own in the list by editing the ucl.

Final Version 1.00
    ----------------------------------
    Added CTF flag sounds when dropped, returned, etc.
    Added a announcer pack to have only the flag sounds in CTF (no announcer) if required (client side)
    Fixed weapon replacement problem with other mutators.
    THe crazy sniper look and color has been modified. (some 3d, 2d editing)
    Fixed Impact Hammer AltFire distance before hitting the floor, wall.
    Some FPS view adjustment for the Hammer to be exactly like in UT99.
    Added UTClassic Options: No Double jump, No Wall dodge jump, etc... (that can be useful for the purists )
    Now the pickups in the wildcard bases are also replaced

Version Beta RC (Release candidate)
    -------------------
    Fixed the classic Rocket Launcher Grenade spin rotation not playing online.
    I do the same for the Assault grenades and why not some more spin.
    Major crazy Sniper mesh modifs and animation (UT3 sniper animation on a modified OnsPainter (new crazy sniper), worth the try? Yes Mom)
    Fixed all the dam bone names in the crazy Unrealed 3 editor
    Fixed and added some 1st et 3rd view stuff for the new weapons.

Version Beta 3rd one (online test)
    -----------------------------
    6 Rockets/grenades Launcher option added.
    sounds selection and volume fixed
    UT2003 Shock ammo are back
    some UT2003 sounds added
    Always keep option added
    Impact Hammer Added

Credits
    --------------
    Original Sounds, Animations, meshes from different versions of Unreal Tournament Credit to EPic Game and Digital Extremes.
    A lot of modifications on the original meshes, entire skeletal animation remake for the impact hammer by myself and many other stuff I forget.
    All the integration and coding by me inspired by some code from UT3, UT99 and UT2004 of course including some of my old mutators.
    Man I copy/paste my own code made 7 years ago, What a shame!!!!

Why this mutator?
    ------------------
    The main reason I made this mutator is to try to get more people online playing UT2004 classic CTF. I think the main problem with UT2004 was the sounds and not be able to play with the custom content of UT99.
    This is a great game.... I mean.. when you add this mutator.
    It is a mutator for UT99 lovers and classic CTF players not really happy with the default UT2004 and UT3 setup.

Enjoy!
    Download: http://www.audiotooth.com/unrealtoot...e=UT2004&ID=35

Instagib without coil

Instagib with coil

Multi hit kills in ZoomInstagib

GJ! , Small and very good package! that probably gonna do the work.

Comment

Thanks mate!

Comment

I had a problem with the rocket launcher not dropping grenades...??

Overall nice job. I like the link, shock and sniper especially. Thanks!

Comment

You seem to be a good coder, maybe you should do a UT99 to UT2004 conversion?

Comment

Originally posted by papasfritas View Post
            I had a problem with the rocket launcher not dropping grenades...??

Overall nice job. I like the link, shock and sniper especially. Thanks!
            The default Rocket Launcher don't drop grenades . You need to select it in the mutator configuration.
            This is done that way because 6 rockets and grenades are maybe overpowered.

Originally posted by Infernus. View Post
            You seem to be a good coder, maybe you should do a UT99 to UT2004 conversion?
            A UT99 port is not something impossible but it is a lot of work for something that already exist. Many months of full time work to bring back stuff I don't have any credits for... This is not gonna help me in any way. This mutator bring the best of UT in one mutator one game. Including the UT99 parts. I don't really think the look of the UT99 weapons are better than those in UT2003-UT2004. For me this is the right selection, decision for the time I have for that and that beat any UT99 port(for the weapons). I can agree if you talk about the UT99 sounds. For me they are overall better no doubt of that and that bring a new life to UT2003, UT2004 nice looking weapons but the controls and the way you move, die in UT99 is not as fluid as UT2004 because it is frame by frame 3D vertex animations and the beginning of physic in 3D games.

Thank you everyone. I hope you gonna have fun like me with this mutator. UT2004 is so adictive now

Comment

I always liked the Eightball. <3
              A nice collection, good job with your mutator!

Would be even cooler if you could select individual values for each weapon in the mutator menu, so you can select UT99 damage scale, firerate, projectile speed or type in your own values and exclude weapons e.g. to make some totally sick instagib Assault Rifle or instagib Minigun matches or a unlimited Shield Gun + instagib UT99 Sniper Rifle match or maybe even a Unreal 1 Stinger instagib or weapons that don't deal any damage, where you have to push other players over the edge to kill them!

I think such a mutator would be greatly welcomed by the community. AfaIk nobody has made something like that yet, it would be truly awesome to have a "The Ultimate Unreal Mutator"!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                I always liked the Eightball. <3
                A nice collection, good job with your mutator!

Would be even cooler if you could select individual values for each weapon in the mutator menu, so you can select UT99 damage scale, firerate, projectile speed or type in your own values and exclude weapons e.g. to make some totally sick instagib Assault Rifle or instagib Minigun matches or a unlimited Shield Gun + instagib UT99 Sniper Rifle match or maybe even a Unreal 1 Stinger instagib or weapons that don't deal any damage, where you have to push other players over the edge to kill them!

I think such a mutator would be greatly welcomed by the community. AfaIk nobody has made something like that yet, it would be truly awesome to have a "The Ultimate Unreal Mutator"!
                You can use each weapon individually with the Arena mutator include in UT2004 of course and disable many of those weapons in the mutator config already . For the damage similar to UT99 or UT3. This is something I need to think about it. If the mutator is well received and everybody is playing it online maybe I'm gonna release 2 other mutators using this main mutator to change those values.
                The reason why it is actually not more customizable than that is for a better performance online and less problems with Anti TCC

... I think the push player mutator is a good idea for another mutator and very easy to do without changing any weapon value... Let's see...

Comment

Suddenly something popped into my mind and I launched the game again.

I tried to boost the translocator disc with the Impact Hammer and unlike in UT99, it doesn't work.

Comment

I tried to boost the translocator disc with the Impact Hammer and unlike in UT99, it doesn't work.
                    Hi Sly, yes it works... you need to install the TLMutator and select the UT99 translocator. Look on my web site.
                    By default this is not the UT99 translocator but the UT2004 ones with Ut99 sounds with maybe some changes in the value. The Unlimited TL include in the TLmutator package works too.

You just need 2 mutators to do that. A good way promote my others mutators
                    Because you can teleport at long distance with the UT2004 one, the Telepunt has somewhere no real sens in UT2004 but you can do it with the help of my other mutator.

Comment

Hi Sly, yes it works... you need to install the TLMutator and select the UT99 translocator. Look on my web site.
                      By default this is not the UT99 translocator but the UT2004 ones with Ut99 sounds with maybe some change in the value. This work also with the Unlimited TL include in the TLMutator package.

Comment

Oh, ok, thanks! Will download it now. This was the best part about the original Translocator.

Comment

I have a plea in the name of the UTzone:
                          • Is it possible to move the mutator out of the arena category as it conflicts with the instagib, "Crotchstagib" mutator and any other instagib mutator?
                          • Could you make the Impact Hammer mutator as separate one (as it's not needed for instagib)?
                          • Is it possible to include parts of this mutator (it's a mutator that replicates UT99 instagib feeling)?

The admin at UTzone (Donzi) said that if these things were changed he would definitely put it on their Flaggzone server.

What do you think Muscat?

Comment

Hi , it is ok. I need to update the mutator to fix the position of the weapons on the racks anyway.
                            I'm not sure what you want to do. Instagib removes all other weapons? No?
                            Do you mean all weapons instagib?

If you look in the bestofunreal.ini you can already change the weapons for what you want. The mutator is really open. In fact you can change any weapons you want with the ammo you want.

Comment

Hi, I just checked the Crotch Shot mutator. Why the hell this mutator is in the Arena GroupName? This is a no sens...the mutator changes only one weapon. Maybe it is a better idea to e-mail the author to change that. His mutator has a serious problem of compatibility.

The Instagib mutators remove all other weapons so my mutator is useless in this case and of course it is why all Instagib mutators are in the Arena GroupName. The only thing I can do for the Instagib fans is to add a UT99 style instagib mutator in the package using the UT99 flag sounds, Ut99 shock instagib effects. Maybe hack some code to be able to use the Insta-Beatdown stuff when you add it.

Comment

Working...
                              X