• Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-AMDK-Village

Name: DM-AMDK-Village
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Description: A small village lost in the mountains
    Comments: New ragdolls included but not necessary to install (see readme and included folder)
    Screenshots:

Here is a video preview Made by XtremeC0nditi0nHD

Credits:
    -Kirill Pokrovsky For his Wonderfull music and His Kind Permission for letting me using it
    -Find his music HERE
    -EpicGames for the creation of the Unreal series
    -Jefe for all his good Tips and Tricks
    -Sly. for spamming me with his rants and tips
    -Sergeant Todd for his pic
    -Blitz (at UOF) for General support and some (cheesy ) textures
    -Unshame for "harrassing" me with his bugreports
    -Meowcat for general support
    -some others I've Forgot to mention (Just frag me for that)
    -You for Playing this map
    -etc.
    Download: Link to download
    Have Fun !
    Cordially, MDK

MDK1311, beautiful map with good gameplay and clean lines (I very much appreciate the collision fix too). The theme/texture usage is great and the music selection feels right (I'm glad you set the material type settings as well, its nice when mod material based hit effects work!). I'm not sure how many more UT2k4 maps you have planned, but I look forward to them and appreciate the attention you've paid to this game.

Comment

Indeed, thank you very much for your continued efforts. Your maps, especially OldHaven, are extremely popular on our BW server.

Comment

Looks great! Found my grave too.

Comment

Hey thx all for the feedback during the beta-phase.
          @meowcat your welcome
          @Jefe just wait until my next one (be patient though, I'll let you know via PM )
          Cordially, MDK

Comment

Added a video preview Made by XtremeC0nditi0nHD (BIG THX)

Comment

Thank you very much MDK1311 for your support

Comment

What about a ctf map dude as the next? I love ur work!

Comment

I must have lost the key to my home... I cannot enter it through the door but I don't want to break it open with a few Flak shells... dilemma!

Comment

@DarkSonny07: THX for playing the map, I don't know how to map for ctf...
                    @Sly. I have your spare keys

Cordially, MDK

Comment

That's easy.

Here's a very basic introduction:
                      There are a few types of CTF maps: 1on1 maps (see CTF-1on1-Joust), symmetrical CTF maps - imo boring but easiest type of maps - and asymmetrical CTF maps - imo those that are most fun, but the hardest ones to make because there must be a fair balance, but each base requires different defense and attack strategies which adds twice as much replayability to such a map because red team plays differently than blue and most players want to try both sides. A good example is the UT99 map CTF-LavaGiant. It's asymmetrical but still balanced, has an awesome setting and offers you more than one path.
                      And that's the next point:
                      The layout.
                      A 1on1 map can have swapped flags and just one path so that the two players at least meet each other and so that it doesn't take ages to win a match. Again, if you analyze Joust you will know what I mean by that. You can hardly play a 1on1 match on a map with more than one path because you can miss your enemy (who also has the flag) and then you both stand at your own flagbases which are empty and nobody wants to take the offense and kill the other player -> bad!
                      Maps which are made for more than 2 players should have more than 1 narrow path unless you want endless matches with guaranteed overtime and a spamfest.
                      A symmetrical map should of course have a symmetrical base layout, be it rotated or mirrored. That doesn't really matter. Of course these bases can have a different style as long as their layout is the same (example: UT99 Face which has the same tower layout, but a whole different texturing of the towers - although Face is a mix of symmetrical and asymmetrical because the asteroid is not symmetrical, but that's another topic).
                      Now to the layout of asymmetrical maps: There are maps which are shaped like a "tower" (blue base on top, red base on bottom), maps which just have a different layout of both bases (see CTF-November in UT99) and those which have an entirely different layout and even entirely different style in both bases (see CTF-Kosov in UT99, has a human bunker as red base and a castle as blue base iIrc).
                      Also, you should avoid the usage of teleporters to connect the bases. They can be camped and make a CTF match absolutely no fun.

Do I get my keys now?

Comment

There is simpler.
                        Make a cube with 1 flag at each corner.
                        Add some staticmeshs in the middle.
                        You have a CTF Map.
                        Sure, its little bit boring. But the kind of map is usual.

But, I am sure, MDK, you can make better.
                        Some good maps for me :
                        CTF-Spacelego
                        CTF-SWITCHBACK
                        CTF-CBP2-PISTOLAT
                        CTF-BP2-Concentrate
                        CTF-MoB-Protresse

Comment

good wide-open map!

I liked the custom music track as well as the details outside and inside in this map including snowy mountains, waterfall, roaring river, snow, cathedral, colored shutters, reflections in windows, furniture and sounds. The gameplay is good, match is fun, bots are good and my team lost a TDM match by one point (Oh, look, I see my grave too).

Comment

Like the whole symmetrical terrain in snow, snowy structures/details outside, winter scenery and skybox; also like the inside too. This map has a great place for sniping. Great custom music track. The portals, ladders and some few paths look like slopes are take much clearer now (even though the ladders are eventually jump pads). Great gameplay and the bots are decent. Voted 5 stars.

More Mirrors:
                            http://www.map-factory.org/ut-2004/d...k-village-3574
                            http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5728
                            http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=3972

Comment

Working...
                            X