• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Robot Voice [UPDATED 13/5/11]

Name: Extended Robot Voice Pack [UPDATED 13/5/11]
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT2004 and perhaps UT2003 aswell
    Description: This is an extended version of the original robot voice, including unused sounds such as "You're almost as good as Cliffy B!", "Oh no, you didn't!" and "Defend the flag carrier!".
    Comments: Done as requested by Sly., more packs may follow.
    Screenshots:

Credits:
    -Barionyx for making the pack
    -Sly. for the idea
    -LIPRampage for telling Sly. about it
    -Epic Games for the sounds
    -Paul Catalano for the UT2k4VoicePackager
    Download: Gamefront link

Installation instructions:
    Put the .u and .int file into your UT2004/system folder. Additionally, you can put the readme file into the UT2004/help folder if you want, but that is not required. After you did that, launch UT2004 and select the voice in the player settings. Works best with robots or cyborgs.
    Have fun!

Please report any errors.

V1.1: Less loud
    Gamefront link

since it is a full version u should write "please report if u found any error although this is full version" rather than "please report any error" ;p

Comment

Bah, even full versions sometimes have errors. (See lots of PC game glitches) I just wrote this there in the unexpected case that there are still errors although I tested it.

Comment

It's probably easier just to 'extend' the stock voice classes themselves in UnrealEd, rather than use voicepackager making duplicate data.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Barionyx!

Comment

Originally posted by arbee View Post
            It's probably easier just to 'extend' the stock voice classes themselves in UnrealEd, rather than use voicepackager making duplicate data.
            How did I know you would have to moan about this...
            Seriously, I never saw you just saying something like "Good work, I will try it out soon!"
            You know, something that would make a modder happy and encourage him/her to make more mods. No, you always just point out what's bad.
            I have absolutely nothing against constructive criticism. But pointing out what is good about a file is part of that. Not just telling the modder about the bad stuff.

It's just a bit less than 1,50 MB of redundant data anyways, so who cares?
            And if you know a better solution, code that up and show it to us! If you can't do that or are just too lazy, then stop making every caring modder feel like they are worth nothing. Really.

@Sly. : No problem, I like to help if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Barionyx View Post
              Seriously, I never saw you just saying something like "Good work, I will try it out soon!"
              You know, something that would make a modder happy and encourage him/her to make more mods. No, you always just point out what's bad.
              I have absolutely nothing against constructive criticism. But pointing out what is good about a file is part of that. Not just telling the modder about the bad stuff.
              Im having the same problem with my map VCTF-LIP-DarkShade Canyon, but my problem there is a lot bigger than your one, there is just criticism and few constructive criticism, now im even starting to ignore who just know make criticism, try pay atention to the constructive ones, you will not waste your time like i did .

Credits:
              -Barionyx for making the pack
              -Sly. for the idea
              -Epic Games for the sounds
              -Paul Catalano for the UT2k4VoicePackager
              Hey, where is mine?jok,jok, sly started to know it because i told him
              But no problem there, i love what you did, i already did this with all my UT2004 voicepack packages, so, i will not need them, and i have even a mutator to replace the characters's voice to the new one
              Good job anyway

Comment

Sorry. Sugar coated responses aren't really my thing.

You should be grateful for any useful feedback you receive, because that's an endangered species.

Comment

Originally posted by LIPRampage View Post
                  Im having the same problem with my map VCTF-LIP-DarkShade Canyon, but my problem there is a lot bigger than your one, there is just criticism and few constructive criticism, now im even starting to ignore who just know make criticism, try pay atention to the constructive ones, you will not waste your time like i did .
                  Hey, I will look into that map now. Don't get discouraged!

Originally posted by LIPRampage View Post
                  Hey, where is mine?jok,jok, sly started to know it because i told him
                  But no problem there, i love what you did, i already did this with all my UT2004 voicepack packages, so, i will not need them, and i have even a mutator to replace the characters's voice to the new one
                  Good job anyway
                  Fixed.

@arbee: You know, there is still a difference between sugar coating and just being nice.

Comment

Fixed.
                    What is fixed?xD

You know, there is still a difference between sugar coating and just being nice.
                    Like i told you, ignore just criticism, just pay atention to the constructive ones, like, i dont pay atention more to just criticism, because, who criticalizates you for nothing, its because he/she haves jealousy of you, and when someone do a constructive one is because he/she wants to help you.So, dont care about just criticism, pay atention to who wants to help you not to who wants to f*ck you!

Comment

@LIPRampage Look at the Credits

Originally posted by arbee View Post
                      [...]
                      You should be grateful for any useful feedback you receive, because that's an endangered species.
                      Yes, and sometimes you are a good example for this.
                      I get your point. Pointing out what is wrong is important. But it is as important as pointing out what is good! You get what I mean?

Comment

Can people without it hear it online?

Comment

Hm... that's a good question!
                          Actually, they have all the sound package, it's unchanged after all. The only files they don't have are the *.u and *.int files.

Maybe I could test that today, I know somebody who does not have it since he doesn't check the forums that often.

I will report my observation later this day or tomorrow

Comment

Uhm, Barionyx, I have a question: I just noticed that the sound in the voice pack are pretty loud, unlike normal voice packs, do you think you can fix this?

Comment

Pretty loud? Hmm, I increased the volume because I thought UT would make it quieter... I will look into it.

EDIT: Made a new one, check bottom of first post. I am not sure if it is less loud though, please test it.

Comment

Working...
                              X