Unreal II voice pack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal II voice pack!

As the title says, I assembled a full Unreal II voice pack for Unreal Tournament 2004! This contains 8 voices in total, and works very sweet with the U2SoldierSkins. They are fully working, and those extra things included in UT2004 that need special taunts are not silent, but use the default voice so you can hear it. Different voices might have the same strings in other places, but this is because of the 48 string limit in one category and it still works good this way.
    Also, the voices are very unique and can be interpreted in different ways. For example, if you order one bot to do something, he might apologise, say that he lost contact with you and didn't know he had to do what you just told him to earlier, and say that he will now follow the new orders! Although if it was not an acknowledgement, it could be interpreted in an other way.
    Another example: a bot might announce a Ghost warrior hunt competition, where losers buy food for the team Of course, that's just a taunt

This is in the Full Release section as I'm not going to update them (raw WAVs take too much space). NOTE! To get Unreal II male 20 voice, you must download the sound package (see below) and put it into your UT2004/System folder!

Download:
    Download the Unreal II Voice Pack for UT2004 here

Then get the sound package for Unreal II Male 20 (U2Male20Voice.uax)

And here's the updated readme for more technical info:
    Code:
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | TITLE:    Unreal II Voice Pack for UT2004                                                     |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | AUTHOR:   GreatEmerald                                                                        |
    |                                                                                               |
    |                                                                                               |
    | DATE:     08.10.20                                                                            |
    | BUILD:    1.0                                                                                 |
    | GAME:     Unreal Tournament 2004                                                              |
    | FILES:    U2VoicePack, U2Male21Voice, U2Male22Voice, U2Male26VoicePack, U2Male30VoicePack,    |
    |           U2Male32Voice, U2FemaleVoice (int and U files), this readme, U2Male20Voice.uax      |
    | SOUNDS:   A lot. Taken from Unreal II.                                                        |
    | UTILITY:  This package was built with UT2K4VoicePackager by Paul Catalano (www.xgxlan.com/vp) |
    |           and modified by hand. The first voice was made without utilities.                   |
    | COMBOS:   Works well with Unreal II/XMP weapons mutator and Unreal II soldier skins to        |
    |           deliver a nice Unreal II feel.                                                      |

TO INSTALL:
    Place the .u and .int files in the System directory of Unreal Tournament 2004.
    Download the Sound Package "U2Male20Voice.uax" and place the file into your UT2004/System folder.

For use on a server, add the following lines to the UT2004.ini file found in
     the System directory of Unreal Tournament 2004, under the section [Engine.GameEngine]:
    ServerPackages=U2Male32Voice
    ServerPackages=U2VoicePack
    ServerPackages=U2Male21Voice
    ServerPackages=U2Male22Voice
    ServerPackages=U2Male26VoicePack
    ServerPackages=U2Male30VoicePack
    ServerPackages=U2Male32Voice
    ServerPackages=U2FemaleVoice
    A list of unique taunts for one voice (others have more):
    Friendly Fire:
    "Hold your fire!"
    "Hey!"
    "Watch it!"
    "Control your fire!"
    "Watch your fire!"
    "Friendly fire!"
    "Watch those targets!"

Taunts:
    "Bring it on!"
    "Smoke em if you got em!"
    "Bet you wish you took that a counting job now, don't you?"
    "Take two of these and call me when you get to hell!"
    "Don't look at me like that"
    "Don't look at me man, I just squeezed the thing!"
    "Was that your spleen? Sorry, I was aiming for your head!"
    "Don't even start with me."
    "Serge, this one's still twitchin'."
    "We'll gonna need a mop bucket over here!"
    "Stack em, pack em and rack em!"
    "****, and I just washed these boots!"
    "Kick the tyres and light the fires!"
    "Last one to bag a Ghost buys dinner!"
    "Eat This!"
    "Come on!"
    "Let's dance!"
    "Did you see that?"
    "Take that!"
    "Let's Rock!"
    "Just bring it!"
    "Nailed Him"
    "You're mine!"
    "He's gone."
    "Got ya!"
    "See ya!"
    "You like that?"
    "That will learn ya!"
    "Yeah!"
    "That all you got?"
    "Well, get out of the way next time!"
    "Let's do it!"
    "Hit 'em hard!"
    "Lock and Load!"

Other:
    "I can't see!"
    "That's the last of em!"
    "Here they come!"
    "Grenade!"
    "Fire in a hole!"
    "Where did he go, WHERE DID HE GO?!"
    "Enemy Acquired!"
    "Nooooo!!!"
    "Lost contact sir, reacquiring!"
    "We lost him!"
    "Find that target!"
    "Heads up!"
    "All targets down, we're moving out!"
    "Targets down, we're moving out!"
    "All clear, let's go!"
    "There will be more up ahead!"
    "Move out, by the numbers!"
    "We can't stay here!"
    "We got to keep moving!"
    "All clear!"
    "Let's go!"
    "Move out!"
    And don't forget to comment

Thanks I can submit it to File Front now, as there is no more need to edit the package.

Comment

Added a list of Unreal II Male 20 unique taunts to the first post. Other voices have more taunts, and in other positions.
      Don't forget to comment if you try the pack out!

Comment

Good work on that voice pack.

There is one problem though, why Unreal II Male 20 (maybe u2voicepack.u) is not on the voice pack list? I did followed the installation procedures, yet Unreal II Male 20 is not there.

Comment

Do you have the U2VoicePack.int file? As long as the int has this in the header, it should work:
          Code:
          [Public]
          Object=(Name=U2VoicePack.U2Male20VoicePack,Class=Class,MetaClass=XGame.xVoicePack)

Comment

I do have the U2voicepack.int file, but it is still not in the droplist. Yes it has that header you included.

Considering the u2voicepack.u's size (7.31 KB), isn't that size a bit small, compared to other U2 male voice packs (such as roughly 3 MB)?

Comment

Hmm... Probably it didn't include the sound package correctly...

Add this to your Sounds folder and see if it works:
              http://files.filefront.com/U2Male20V.../fileinfo.html

Comment

I knew that file is missing something. (I assumed other voice packs other than Male 20 were made with Voice Packager.)

It worked now, thanks!

Comment

Thanks for finding out the bug Updated the first post, everyone make sure you get the missing file!

Comment

Link no working for U2Male20Voice.uax!
                    Can you release a new fixed all-in-1 package?

Comment

http://my.despe.de/ds/download.php?f...e5cd6296ddb2e5

Comment

I'll also upload it to my website once I get to it.

Comment

So fast! :|

Thanks!

Comment

GreatEmerald, in your initial post, you mentioned "48 string limit in one category"

Is this specific to voicepacks, to sounds (uax packages) or a general limitation?
                            Within a package, no "group" may contain more than 48 objects?

A while back, I think I encountered this limitation when importing custom sounds into a mapfile myLevel. At the time I couldn't understand what the problem was, but I guess without specifying a group I wound up filling myLevel.Default with 48 sounds.

Comment

Hmm, I totally don't remember that right now. :\

Comment

Working...
                              X