• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-DG-ThePOD

Name: DM-DG-ThePOD
    Version: 1.0 final
    Requirements: UT2004 (patch 3369) and ECE1.1
    Players: 6 to 12 (30 playerstarts available so it can handle 2 to 16+)
    Download: ThePOD main map web page. Be sure to read the map information and notes there.
    Mirrors: Mapraider, others coming soon

A frantic-paced medium size Deathmatch platform map with plenty of kickers and teleporters and z-play and ways to get around and frag. The design is a mix between UT and Q3A, with influences from my UT99 maps DM-Illusion, DM-Vapour and DM-Dyscus and from great maps such as LongestYard.

Story:
    A place, a creature, and a time... part biological and part technological... that is what the POD has been described as in the legends of millennias before. It is the last stop for those poor souls whom the POD grasps onto. Their souls must fight for the tiny vapour of life-force that remains there. For all of eternity.

See the DGUnreal web site for full map information and additional screenshots and more maps for download.

Enjoy!

omg another nice map is out !

really nice downloading

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
      really nice downloading
      +1
      very nice lighting

Comment

FYI: I added the first mirror site to the top post.
        Enjoy!

Comment

Great stuff man.
          Looking forward to some Next Gen DG work...

Comment

Originally posted by p2xelgen View Post
            Already in the works...
            I will have info and screenshots on my UT3 mod on my site before UT3 even ships.

Comment

Beautiful map. Lighting is great and details, like the monitor with talking head, simply amazing. Maybe even better than your CTF maps. Looking forward to your UE3 work too

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by p2xelgen View Post
                  Great stuff man.
                  Couldn't have said it better myself. Awesome work, as always!

Comment

Can't wait to check this one out! Lookin sick!

Comment

Very nice textures DG... I liked the look of this map, although I was getting fragged from every angle from bots on Godlike, hehe...

That sound fx for the jump pad?... is that the gun from one of the older UT's? That gun that shot blades.. wat the cutter i think?

Comment

Hey SpY,

Thanks. It was a fun map to make (other than the constant UEd crashes during CSG builds... ).
                        I tend to play it with about 6 to 8 players and any bots set to around the middle-AI, otherwise they waste you real fast.

This map is sort-of inline with my under-development UT3 mod.
                        I should have the preliminary info and preview page on my site by the end of this month.

I use a mix of UT2004, U2 and my own textures, and Shader everything up so that it looks good. Even the few UT2004 stock staticmeshes in the map are skin-adjusted to Shaders so that they look better.

The sounds are a mix of UT2004 and U2, many of them tweaked by myself (I own a media studio that does audio/video). And many of them are played back through my custom sound scripts. The jumppad sound is from U2 (I don't recall if it is stock or tweaked...).

Comment

Nice - I haven't messed with shaders yet, or alot of stuff for that matter, hehe...
                          I use Adobe Audition for mixing, recording, creating stuff... Haven't made anything for
                          UT, but I thought of recording my gf to use a female computer system voice, lol..

Very cool map.

Comment

I like using Shaders to get lots of specular on anything that should be metal or shiny plastic etc., plus it is the easiest way to tweak the Detail texture scale on existing stock textures and skins.

Audition is excellent software. I use it myself. You can see it in the small pic on my LCS-AVS Resume link from the DGUnreal site.
                            Having custom voice/dialog available to use in maps is cool.
                            I often spice mine up with stuff from U2 as many people won't have heard that stuff.

Comment

Looks nice, downloading . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X